• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think S is more important that 4th on the list. i would say CB, S, DE and then RB

I definitely understand that point of view. Personally, I'm happy with Church at SS, and while I am not a fan of JJ Wilcox as a FS, he is only going to get better -- very tough to learn the position at the NFL level. Dallas was able to get by with those two last year. I'm not arguing that we don't need a S, but I don't think it is as pressing a priority as in years past. Dallas NEEDS a CB. Dallas NEEDS a RB, IMO. And depending on how long Hardy is actually suspended for, will need a DE, too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like we need more this yr than we did last yr. There are so many ways to go. Last year we needed pass rush but obviously nailed the first pick. Whoever we pick we will most likely be skeptical and some will be happy whe others will be mad. I remember the Hitchens pick last year and me thinking WTF?? I had no idea who he was. He turned out to be kind of a steal. I think we have to go defense though, preferably the back 4. I think you have to take the chance on Peters if he is there. I'm sure there is a plan in place though. We just have to trust it.

:dingdingding:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Landon Collins, he reminds me a little bit of Kam Chancellor, just maybe a little more athletic and a touch smaller. If he is the pick, I wouldn't be upset, probably be pretty happy Dallas finally invested a high pick on a S, but I feel like he would be a little redundant. I'll defer to the scouts if they think he can play FS, but he looks like SS to me. We have those, and Church wasn't too bad last year.

Me too. True SS so I'd look elsewhere if anyone asked me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain lukewarm on what Church brings, and IMO, Collins is pure strong safety that plays LB in dime packages. I wish for the AZ state free safety but think he lands in philly at 20.

Me too. I've wanted a true FS for as long as I have been on these boards. He is one of the wild cards to me. I have no darn clue where he might go. I can see gone well before we pick in the first and I can see still there when we pick in the 2nd. Seems to me lately that safeties have been going earlier, so I say if he is there at 27 and we want him we better just take him. Add a pass rush and a cover safety and you make all your corners better IMO...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I've wanted a true FS for as long as I have been on these boards. He is one of the wild cards to me. I have no darn clue where he might go. I can see gone well before we pick in the first and I can see still there when we pick in the 2nd. Seems to me lately that safeties have been going earlier, so I say if he is there at 27 and we want him we better just take him. Add a pass rush and a cover safety and you make all your corners better IMO...

Given the right circumstances, Dallas may draft Randall at #27. I have been reading for a few weeks now, how much Dallas likes this guy. If the reports are to be believed, the front office thinks he is the best S in the draft -- bar none.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB, S, & RB
OR
RB, CB, & S
maybe even
S, CB, & RB

beats me but upgrade needed in all three area's if I'm filling out cards the next two days

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also...I think Church is serviceable but he still makes way to many negative plays for my liking. I like the upside of Wilcox but think they both need to be pushed. Competition is good.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know you should never believe anything that JJ says but even he said that RB could come in the 3rd round or later

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me we could get Jeremy Langford in round 4 then lets draft 3 or 4 (w/ trade down) defensive guys before we draft back. I know the line is good but I don't want to go into this season with the current RB candidates....no matter what jerry say's, I can't imagine the coaching staff wanting to as well. Langford is one of the most complete back in this draft when picking up LB's, running and catching the football is considered. We need that kinda guy. I'd have no problem with Langford added to the current fold if we don't land Coleman in a trade down.

Coleman
Langford
Adbullah

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley or Gordon or Gregory if any of them slides within reach, otherwise, I can see them trading down (if they get any offers) and picking up another premium pick and using it to draft earlier in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in a deep draft (and therefore doubling chances with earlier picks of finding quality players on D and/or even for a backup Qb to groom. Don't really see any of these remaining (@27) CBs, DTs, LBs worth reaching for @ 27, or that much better then what they already have, and having no NFL experience to boot...

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Disclaimer*

Like the idea of having an enforcer in the secondary that can punish receivers and finally toughing up this D a little. Make 'em think about coming across the middle of the field, which is part of what gives Seattle the best defensive backfield in the league.

Landon Collins @27 if he is there....finally agree with Mayock here on his mock pick for this team. Little risk and he can even play some LB. Would definitely improve this D from day 1.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Gregory or Ray, but neither is a no brainier for us. Both seem to be better in a 3-4. Are either going to hold up in the running game? Plus, What's the long term plan Lawrence at one end and one of these guys at the other? We will get run all over with that light of a DL. I wonder if Gregory can play the SAM on early downs and move up in the nickel. Otherwise I think you are looking at a specialty player.

At what point does ESPN point out that Tennesee leaked their board?