• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very intrigued by Byron Jones. The question is does he go 1st or 2nd? I would be just fine with him at #27, and he would fill one of the holes in the secondary -- just a question of CB or S. He's one of the better athletes coming out in the draft this year.

He is a great athlete. Eagles are a team rumored to want him as well. I would like to get him at 27. But this depends on who is on the board still for me, duh.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Gordon is first round quality too

and Coleman may be the best back before it's all said and done

Yeah I don't really disagree on Gordon. What I'm saying is for us with our defensive issues. Even though we need to upgrade RB I feel like Gurley is the only one I'd take in the first. For a different team I see Gordon as a first round talent.

This team usually gives out too much information on our picks and why they made them and you can always tell whether it was a guy they felt was great value and were drooling to get or they got caught with their pants down and just picked a guy. As I've said all along I will be fine with whomever they pick in the first as long as I get the feeling they really had the guy rated as a top value on the board at the time. I'd be OK if they took any of the RBs in the first round for that exact reason. I don't care that Coleman is expected to be a 2nd rounder or that Duke Johnson is mocked in the 3rd (or wherever). If they take them in the first because in their own rankings he was the best RB/player available I'll be fine with it. I think they have earned that over the last few years and the whole Manziel/Martin issue has told us that Jerry won't likely stand on an island and make his own pick either.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't really disagree on Gordon. What I'm saying is for us with our defensive issues. Even though we need to upgrade RB I feel like Gurley is the only one I'd take in the first. For a different team I see Gordon as a first round talent.

This team usually gives out too much information on our picks and why they made them and you can always tell whether it was a guy they felt was great value and were drooling to get or they got caught with their pants down and just picked a guy. As I've said all along I will be fine with whomever they pick in the first as long as I get the feeling they really had the guy rated as a top value on the board at the time. I'd be OK if they took any of the RBs in the first round for that exact reason. I don't care that Coleman is expected to be a 2nd rounder or that Duke Johnson is mocked in the 3rd (or wherever). If they take them in the first because in their own rankings he was the best RB/player available I'll be fine with it. I think they have earned that over the last few years and the whole Manziel/Martin issue has told us that Jerry won't likely stand on an island and make his own pick either.

I would be pretty damn upset if Dallas chose Duke Johnson in the 1st. I don't care how you rationalize it. Just saying...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't go into this draft with the mind state that we are only one or two players away from being a legitimate SB contender. When I say they, I mean Jerry Jones. And what I mean is we better not be trading valuable draft picks away to move up.

Agree. We were 12-4 but we were a flawed 12-4. Pass rush should be better, but the question mark of Murray leaving and Romo's health, plus the perennial health questions on Lee and McClain, do our receivers need to be better with Murray gone, will it put more pressure on the D, will our corners hold up, do we need a 1 tech to help out on the line, what about the hole at swing tackle...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pretty damn upset if Dallas chose Duke Johnson in the 1st. I don't care how you rationalize it. Just saying...

I'm not saying we should do that. My point is that you want a RB, right? McClay has earned the right to pick the guy he thinks is the best. If Gurley is gone (he will be) and Gordon is gone (he probably will be) and McClay after watching tape of these guys for a year thinks Johnson is the best pick out there IMO I'm going with what he thinks. The mocks cloud our minds with crap that isn't reality

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We were 12-4 but we were a flawed 12-4. Pass rush should be better, but the question mark of Murray leaving and Romo's health, plus the perennial health questions on Lee and McClain, do our receivers need to be better with Murray gone, will it put more pressure on the D, will our corners hold up, do we need a 1 tech to help out on the line, what about the hole at swing tackle...

Not trying to pick on you here Jarntt, but I think the concern about Romo's back, while a legitimate concern, is a bit overstated. I know all it takes is one hit, but it only takes one hit to blow a knee out, too. I think Romo is going to go into next season in the best health he has been in for a few years. Romo will have a full off-season with no surgeries for the first time in a while, and an opportunity to rest/strengthen his back.

This team needs CB, RB, DE, S in that order, IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying we should do that. My point is that you want a RB, right? McClay has earned the right to pick the guy he thinks is the best. If Gurley is gone (he will be) and Gordon is gone (he probably will be) and McClay after watching tape of these guys for a year thinks Johnson is the best pick out there IMO I'm going with what he thinks. The mocks cloud our minds with crap that isn't reality

I know you're not suggesting we draft Johnson in the first. I know. I am all for giving McClay free reign to do what he believes is in the best interest for Dallas. But I would go to bed tonight pretty disappointed if Duke Johnson was the pick -- even if it was McClay's guy. That's all I am saying.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would be happy with Gregory or a top rated corner at 27. I got to think that trading back into the top of the second a raping another team for a high 3rd round pick is enticing. As far as need goes I gotta say that the secondary is horrific. Even when the qb is pressured those guys on the back end are still getting burned. Carr sucks and clayburn is a bust. A guy like Jones could really be versatile enough to be a hybrid type. The guy I really want is darby whom I have given a 1st round grade. Darby can flat out cover and actually is very fast.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other guy I wonder about is peters. Could he coexist with the coaching staff? He reminds me of dez as far as fire on the field. He would bring some much needed brash to the defense. I still question his speed though.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other guy I wonder about is peters. Could he coexist with the coaching staff? He reminds me of dez as far as fire on the field. He would bring some much needed brash to the defense. I still question his speed though.

Marcus Peters is a gamble, IMO. I really like the on field stuff, but the issues with his coaching staff are very worrisome. I would like to think a guy like Marinelli can keep him in line, and probably get the best out of him. Could be a huge boom or bust. On the field, Peters definitely has the attitude you would like in a CB.

The idea of he and Dez going at it in practice on a daily basis makes me giddy. Steel cutting steel...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I think this team has enough needs that trading down would be justified. Picking up an extra pick or 2 in this draft would be huge.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directed at anyone in particular and I hate to always say this as if I am being critical, but I just don't get the idea of deciding to trade down until we know what is there. You need to make the decision when you are on the clock. Plus, the idea of trading down and getting player "X" 10 picks later is irrational. If you like player "X", TAKE HIM. To assume he will still be there 10 picks later is ridiculous. What is it based on, Kiper? A draft website? If we like the guy there is a good chance another team does too. I only trade down when no one I like is available and that is impossible to know beforehand.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that jerrah is going to trade a pick for Manziel tonight

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like we need more this yr than we did last yr. There are so many ways to go. Last year we needed pass rush but obviously nailed the first pick. Whoever we pick we will most likely be skeptical and some will be happy whe others will be mad. I remember the Hitchens pick last year and me thinking WTF?? I had no idea who he was. He turned out to be kind of a steal. I think we have to go defense though, preferably the back 4. I think you have to take the chance on Peters if he is there. I'm sure there is a plan in place though. We just have to trust it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directed at anyone in particular and I hate to always say this as if I am being critical, but I just don't get the idea of deciding to trade down until we know what is there. You need to make the decision when you are on the clock. Plus, the idea of trading down and getting player "X" 10 picks later is irrational. If you like player "X", TAKE HIM. To assume he will still be there 10 picks later is ridiculous. What is it based on, Kiper? A draft website? If we like the guy there is a good chance another team does too. I only trade down when no one I like is available and that is impossible to know beforehand.

Well obviously the scenario needs to play itself out because you need a willing trade partner but if there are several players we like that we think will be available 10 picks later why not get an extra pick to go along with it? If all our projected first round guys are gone and the rest are all projected 2nd round why reach for that 2nd rounder instead of acquiring an extra player?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like we need more this yr than we did last yr. There are so many ways to go. Last year we needed pass rush but obviously nailed the first pick. Whoever we pick we will most likely be skeptical and some will be happy whe others will be mad. I remember the Hitchens pick last year and me thinking WTF?? I had no idea who he was. He turned out to be kind of a steal. I think we have to go defense though, preferably the back 4. I think you have to take the chance on Peters if he is there. I'm sure there is a plan in place though. We just have to trust it.

certainly can't please everyone but I also think the dbackfield at 27 and that could be the Alabama safety

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certainly can't please everyone but I also think the dbackfield at 27 and that could be the Alabama safety

I like Landon Collins, he reminds me a little bit of Kam Chancellor, just maybe a little more athletic and a touch smaller. If he is the pick, I wouldn't be upset, probably be pretty happy Dallas finally invested a high pick on a S, but I feel like he would be a little redundant. I'll defer to the scouts if they think he can play FS, but he looks like SS to me. We have those, and Church wasn't too bad last year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Landon Collins, he reminds me a little bit of Kam Chancellor, just maybe a little more athletic and a touch smaller. If he is the pick, I wouldn't be upset, probably be pretty happy Dallas finally invested a high pick on a S, but I feel like he would be a little redundant. I'll defer to the scouts if they think he can play FS, but he looks like SS to me. We have those, and Church wasn't too bad last year.
I remain lukewarm on what Church brings, and IMO, Collins is pure strong safety that plays LB in dime packages. I wish for the AZ state free safety but think he lands in philly at 20.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to pick on you here Jarntt, but I think the concern about Romo's back, while a legitimate concern, is a bit overstated. I know all it takes is one hit, but it only takes one hit to blow a knee out, too. I think Romo is going to go into next season in the best health he has been in for a few years. Romo will have a full off-season with no surgeries for the first time in a while, and an opportunity to rest/strengthen his back.

This team needs CB, RB, DE, S in that order, IMO.

i think S is more important that 4th on the list. i would say CB, S, DE and then RB