• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will certainly be very interesting if Ray or Gregory drops to them @ 27, and if Jerry pulls the trigger on either of them after Jerry and Jason's comments in the predraft presser about having a good support system to help turn around these troubled kids. I think if Gregory falls to them, they almost have to roll the dice there on him.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones should trade out of the 1st round and pick up a 2 & 3 pick. This is a deep draft for RB, WR, DT and DB.

I agree. If they have no plans to move up for Gurley or Gordon if either slides past the Bengals, (Pittsburgh is a likely trade up target if they do have interest), and believe that there is a 2nd tier RB with just as much potential (let me clarify this here a little, a perceived 2nd tier RB in this draft), IT WOULD BE SMART to trade back in this draft and pick up another pick (preferably at the top of the 2nd and 3rd rounds 1 thru 10). It all depends on how they rate these RBs and if any player with a 1st round grade is still available on their board when they pick @ 27 imo. Jerry insinuating that they don't need a RB with a premium pick here, is just a ruse imo to keep teams from drafting a RB just in front of them.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits and giggles I'll throw this out there. If the rumors about the Browns trading up to take Mariota are true, Johnny Football becomes expendable. Would you cough up a late round pick for him? Let him sit behind Romo for 2-3 years and hope he matures on and off the field? Or do you want no part of him?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits and giggles I'll throw this out there. If the rumors about the Browns trading up to take Mariota are true, Johnny Football becomes expendable. Would you cough up a late round pick for him? Let him sit behind Romo for 2-3 years and hope he matures on and off the field? Or do you want no part of him?
I'd rather spend a late round pick on someone from this year's draft. Just me, he's not very good and too much of a headache

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say.....I'd love to see the Eagles trade Fletcher Cox, Mychael Kendricks, and a couple of #1's to go get Mariota. A deal like that would set them back 5-6 years IMO

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems as though every web site is now anticipating Ray falls out of the 1st round. I imagine Gregory might as well. It's amazing to me that these two threw away so much money. I wonder which one will come back with the bigger chip on the shoulder. I don't know much about Ray's toughness, but I really think a pissed off Gregory would be a good thing for whomever drafts him late. I watched him go up against Miami last year. Miami dudes tried to take him out of the game (physically and verbally). Gregory kept coming after them and ended up having one of his best games. If he's there, I might go hoarse screeming for JJ to take him. We're one of the few teams that have shown an affinity and ability to turn around guys like him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with Gregory or Ray, but neither is a no brainier for us. Both seem to be better in a 3-4. Are either going to hold up in the running game? Plus, What's the long term plan Lawrence at one end and one of these guys at the other? We will get run all over with that light of a DL. I wonder if Gregory can play the SAM on early downs and move up in the nickel. Otherwise I think you are looking at a specialty player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very interested to know if the Cowboys see Byron Jones as a CB or a safety. Seems a player that could be good for us in either spot, though I don't see him as good as the other top 3 or 4 CBs. The closer we get the more I see us focusing defense in both the first and second. I just don't see us competing without strengthening the secondary and the team sure seems to want another DL. I'm still holding out hope for one of those top 8 RBs but I'm thinking round 3 is the earliest and maybe even round 4 or 5 when we finally take a RB.

Did Jerry leak the draft board yet???

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very interested to know if the Cowboys see Byron Jones as a CB or a safety. Seems a player that could be good for us in either spot, though I don't see him as good as the other top 3 or 4 CBs. The closer we get the more I see us focusing defense in both the first and second. I just don't see us competing without strengthening the secondary and the team sure seems to want another DL. I'm still holding out hope for one of those top 8 RBs but I'm thinking round 3 is the earliest and maybe even round 4 or 5 when we finally take a RB.

I'm very intrigued by Byron Jones. The question is does he go 1st or 2nd? I would be just fine with him at #27, and he would fill one of the holes in the secondary -- just a question of CB or S. He's one of the better athletes coming out in the draft this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO. I don't like his game, just don't see him as ever being a NFL QB.

I rather sign Barkley after the Eagles cut him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the leaking of the board comes midway through the 3rd round. He could try to break his record though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the leaking of the board comes midway through the 3rd scotch. He could try to break his record though

:fify:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only RB I think is worth a first round pick is Gurley. I think Gurley is a top 3 player in this draft. My guess is that even with the injury he goes top 10.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Gordon is first round quality too

and coleman may be the best back before it's all said and done

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't go into this draft with the mind state that we are only one or two players away from being a legitimate SB contender. When I say they, I mean Jerry Jones. And what I mean is we better not be trading valuable draft picks away to move up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles shopping Mychael Kendricks for a 2nd? I'd jump at that

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's loading up for a big splash. I really hope he pulls this off, it would be great news for the Cowboys.