• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: Rounds 4-7

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, wasn't expecting this level of bigotry on here.

Picking Sam, an SEC defensive player of the year, is sign of the Rams being wussies? Apparently, the older generation hasn't caught up to the younger generations in terms of acceptance.

Truth is, out of the 4 7th rounders the Rams drafted, Sam is the most prolific player and most deserving of being drafted. A 6'7 OT out of Portland State? A 5'9 safety? A 4th center? Meanwhile, Ahmad Dixon gets picked by the Cowboys, and the Rams don't draft a WR. I hope they get L'Damian as a UDFA; he would've made a lot more sense than a 4th center.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference is that Tim Tebow was drafted in the first round.

7th round draft picks have almost no value and Sam has an outside shot of being taught something outside of the rip move. He is faster than his combine but probably not as good as his pro day

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference is that Tim Tebow was drafted in the first round.

7th round draft picks have almost no value and Sam has an outside shot of being taught something outside of the rip move. He is faster than his combine but probably not as good as his pro day

It's not about where they are drafted. It's about the circus that follows them.

Tebow would've had that circus regardless of where he was drafted. Same goes for Sam.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This nonsense of refusing to bring a guy like Tim Tebow in for the exact same reason that is going to commence with Sam sends a covert message to players who have worked their tails off to overcome a lot a shit.

In fairness... I'm pretty sure the reason they refused to bring Tim Tebow in, is because he's a known, terrible QB. Lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Angelakerams. That little girl in the WH just can't wait to make that phone call. And you are spot on SJ. We did nothing to help Laurinaitus out and all we did on offense is fix a bit of our O-line which we will lead us to continue to do a lot of hoping just like last year!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness... I'm pretty sure the reason they refused to bring Tim Tebow in, is because he's a known, terrible QB. Lol
Yeah. Im sure the Rams wouldve drafted Tebow in the 7th if they had the chance when he was an unknown. Once the league saw he wasnt a franchise guy at all, he had no value. Tebow got a much fairer shake from the NFL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of expected that response out of you Shopson. Sounds like you never played the game outside of peewee league and I am not going to explain the point to you either.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Angelakerams. That little girl in the WH just can't wait to make that phone call. And you are spot on SJ. We did nothing to help Laurinaitus out and all we did on offense is fix a bit of our O-line which we will lead us to continue to do a lot of hoping just like last year!!

Isn't that what we do every year Retro?

Hope we gain some ground in the NFCW while watching the Hawks and 9ers continue to stockpile talent that stretches the gap instead of closing it.

Btw, not to sound mean or anything. But I can only imagine the things that will be said on the field now that Sam is a Ram. Too much innuendo there for other teams to ignore. I'm not saying it will happen, but it won't surprise me one bit if it does. These are football players after all. And while some may be accepting, a lot won't be.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with a dude playing football and celebrating. Just don't smear cake all over your boyfriend and make out on tv. Keep it professional for yourself.

Not good for you or the team.

But at least we got more Dline help! I was getting worried we weren't deep enough. :lol:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Btw, not to sound mean or anything. But I can only imagine the things that will be said on the field now that Sam is a Ram. Too much innuendo there for other teams to ignore. I'm not saying it will happen, but it won't surprise me one bit if it does. These are football players after all. And while some may be accepting, a lot won't be.

Lol. These are grown men we're talking about. Trust me... they're not gonna give a shit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of expected that response out of you Shopson. Sounds like you never played the game outside of peewee league and I am not going to explain the point to you either.

What someone does in their bedroom is nobody's business. All you guys are crapping your pants because you had to see him with his partner; if that video had just been him with his family, what's your complaint?

Again, SEC defensive player of the year. In the seventh round.

You can't explain the point because your position is terrible. I don't care what level of football you played; it wasn't to the level of Michael Sam. Besides, if you think Michael Sam is the only gay player in the NFL, you're sadly mistaken.

No level of "football experience" you want to claim excuses bigotry. Grow up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a long shot for any of these 7th rounders to make the team.

I really hope this doesnt overshadow a lot of the other decent to good picks the Rams made. I know from a media standpoint that this will overshadow Gregg Williams, bad press from other Mizzou players and maybe a few other things. I just hope it doesnt lead to Hard Knocks. If America meets Michael Sam, I doubt theyll like him

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with a dude playing football and celebrating. Just don't smear cake all over your boyfriend and make out on tv. Keep it professional for yourself.

Not good for you or the team.

But at least we got more Dline help! I was getting worried we weren't deep enough. :lol:

According to the simulators, DE was a need somehow lol. I guess you can never have too much depth.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What someone does in their bedroom is nobody's business. All you guys are crapping your pants because you had to see him with his partner; if that video had just been him with his family, what's your complaint?

Again, SEC defensive player of the year. In the seventh round.

You can't explain the point because your position is terrible. I don't care what level of football you played; it wasn't to the level of Michael Sam. Besides, if you think Michael Sam is the only gay player in the NFL, you're sadly mistaken.

No level of "football experience" you want to claim excuses bigotry. Grow up.

Your argument has little value. "What somebody does in their own bedroom is nobody's business." Gee, guess where the Boston bombers put together the bombs that killed people and maimed boatlaods more? Nothing in this life happens in abstentia and everything has consequences and what you do in the privacy in your own home eventually effects others. Try reading some data there Shopson before you make such ridiculous claims. In your mind you equate reprehensible behavior with maturity. I can't think of a more boneheaded connection. Jeez.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore. How is identifying reprehensible behavior have any connection to ignorance (bigotry)? Isn't it the opposite? In order to identify bad behavior you have to know what absolutes define bad behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. Everyone howled and bitched up a storm at the potential media circus that would commence if we gave a try-out to Tim Tebow. Now Snisher and company pull this krap and ESPN is completely insane showing Sam kissing his little white lover boy smearing cake all over each other's face. This is a slap in the face to the entire team especially the defense for those baffoons to drag this fool into Earth City and the accompanying media circus that will indeed follow. What a load of bullshit this is and I have lost a modicum of respect for Kroneke and everyone in the Rams organizatiuon that even considered this garbage.

In fairness I doubt the rams knew about the make out cake party ugh. Can they just release him lol.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in... Mandatory cake parties in the locker room after wins!!

Haaaaaaaay :lol:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, the 2013 SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year, was not rated highly on the team's draft board. An outside edge rusher viewed as a "tweener," meaning he doesn't necessarily fit as a traditional NFL defensive end or 3-4 outside linebacker, Sam didn't seem to be a logical fit for a team that has a pair of highly regarded defensive ends in All-Pro Robert Quinn and Chris Long.

Late Friday night in Fisher's office, as the coach met with Demoff and Snead, the subject of drafting Sam came up, and it was quickly dismissed. Yet privately, Fisher was contemplating the possibility that, if Sam remained on the board in the draft's latter stages, he could simultaneously get value and strike a blow for acceptance and respect.

Looks like this was Fisher's idea.

To go from "not highly rated on the teams board" and "quickly dismissed" when brought up late Friday, to drafting him, sounds like a publicity thing to me.

The guy doesn't suddenly skyrocket up your draft board during 3 days of drafting if he wasn't already there.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher had man love for G Rob, Donald, Joymer, Mo from STL - "good kid he just punched a teammate and got locked up for 45 days", and Michael Sam.

I think emotions and knee jerk reactions played a big part in some of these picks. Solid!

Lol we will see

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I look at it this way... Michael Sam was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year. You can't be all that bad of a player to have earned that distinction. Can you? He had 11.5 sacks and 19 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles in his final year at Mizzou. All better numbers than Jadeveon Clowney, in 2013.

I don't care if it was for publicity, or a blow for equality, or whatever. I don't much care if he's a "tweener", or a "project", either. I mean... he was a 7th rounder, for Christ's sake. Lol. Some of you are talking like we traded up into the top 10 to get this guy. When it comes down to it... all I really care about is the football. I think it's pretty evident he's not going to start in St. Louis. If he makes the team and provides good depth for the defensive line... awesome! If he becomes a productive special teamer... great! If he flops in camp and is cut before the final 53... nice try. You know... just like any other player we'd draft at 249th overall.

And just like every other player selected by the Rams over the last 3 days I say, "Good luck, man! Go out there and kick some ass!" GO RAMS!!! :yahoo: