• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: Rounds 4-7

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not it is always going to be an issue to some degree or another. Sam in the locker room is akin to a heterosexual male being in the woman's locker room. How is that going to be ignored by Sam or the players? It's the pink elephant in the room. You can call it homophobic or define it however you want, but if I'm in the locker room with an openly gay player I'd feel very uncomfortable showering or undressing in front of him. Knowing the thoughts he's having are the same thoughts I'm having when I see a beautiful woman just disturbs me. And before any "Holier than thous" chime in, yes I'm happily married, but nature and biology don't suspend themselves because of doctrine. I didn't say I act or dwell on these things, I just said that is nature. And any of you that say they don't have such occasional thoughts I am personally calling you a flat out liar.

So many of you would like to pretend this is a non-issue, but contrary to what you believe, we see from all the tweets and comments that it is in fact a HUGE issue with NFL players. So now I guess you are going to argue with the players in the league that are against it as well?

Some of you have proclaimed yourself "All for the team" and claim that it doesn't matter to you what the player is, be it homosexual, hindu, atheist, etc as long as they can help the team. OK, if Sam proves a huge distraction to the team, are you then going to continue to support him, or is your attitude going to quickly change to "adopt the morals of the crowd you're with" mentality? I see plenty of hypocrisy on these boards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are ignoring the big issue: whats his name on the field? You can't call him Mike and you can't call him Sam.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are ignoring the big issue: whats his name on the field? You can't call him Mike and you can't call him Sam.
And you said you dont have a sense of humor on the internet. :yo:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not it is always going to be an issue to some degree or another. Sam in the locker room is akin to a heterosexual male being in the woman's locker room. How is that going to be ignored by Sam or the players? It's the pink elephant in the room. You can call it homophobic or define it however you want, but if I'm in the locker room with an openly gay player I'd feel very uncomfortable showering or undressing in front of him. Knowing the thoughts he's having are the same thoughts I'm having when I see a beautiful woman just disturbs me. And before any "Holier than thous" chime in, yes I'm happily married, but nature and biology don't suspend themselves because of doctrine. I didn't say I act or dwell on these things, I just said that is nature. And any of you that say they don't have such occasional thoughts I am personally calling you a flat out liar.

So many of you would like to pretend this is a non-issue, but contrary to what you believe, we see from all the tweets and comments that it is in fact a HUGE issue with NFL players. So now I guess you are going to argue with the players in the league that are against it as well?

Some of you have proclaimed yourself "All for the team" and claim that it doesn't matter to you what the player is, be it homosexual, hindu, atheist, etc as long as they can help the team. OK, if Sam proves a huge distraction to the team, are you then going to continue to support him, or is your attitude going to quickly change to "adopt the morals of the crowd you're with" mentality? I see plenty of hypocrisy on these boards.
Wow. Just wow. Lighten up BOSS no one is attacking you. Chill.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we go with Bradford when speaking about well Bradford. And Sam when... well you get it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a hot topic Ozark, and its going to lead to heated debate. If you can't hang with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
Have it your way BOSS. I am not going to attack you. You are already jousting with too many windmills as it is.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I'm probably gonna regret chiming in here, but hey... it's an open forum, right?

This is always one of the single funniest arguments I always see floating around. "Uh-oh... he's looking at me. He wants to have sex with me, I just know it." Lol. Afraid of someone's thoughts? Really? So what, if he does? It's not like he's 'Professor X' and can hypnotize you into doing his bidding. Lol.

If he were to act on them, is one thing... but if you're letting someone's thoughts dictate how you live YOUR life, then you've got bigger problems than the locker room, my man.

Hell... there's the very real possibility he's not even thinking about you, at all. Maybe you're not even his type and he's thinking about the guy next to you, instead... or maybe he's thinking about improving his lateral movement in flat zone coverage... or, maybe he's thinking about what kind of motor oil to put in his car when he gets home. Perish the thought. Lol.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have it your way BOSS. I am not going to attack you. You are already jousting with too many windmills as it is.

:laugh3: a Don Quixote reference on a sports forum.

I've seen it all now.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably gonna regret chiming in here, but hey... it's an open forum, right?

This is always one of the single funniest arguments I always see floating around. "Uh-oh... he's looking at me. He wants to have sex with me, I just know it." Lol. Afraid of someone's thoughts? Really? So what, if he does? It's not like he's 'Professor X' and can hypnotize you into doing his bidding. Lol.

If he were to act on them, is one thing... but if you're letting someone's thoughts dictate how you live YOUR life, then you've got bigger problems than the locker room, my man.

Hell... there's the very real possibility he's not even thinking about you, at all. Maybe you're not even his type and he's thinking about the guy next to you, instead... or maybe he's thinking about improving his lateral movement in flat zone coverage... or, maybe he's thinking about what kind of motor oil to put in his car when he gets home. Perish the thought. Lol.

You have a valid point Caynine. Nobody can theoretically make you do anything you don't want to do. But I used to work with a homosexual that was constantly making snide and crude remarks, and generally trying to provoke a reaction of some sort. And it got quite disturbing even if I had no interest whatsoever. Nobody knows what goes on in the locker rooms....as evidenced by the Richie Incognito incident. If the NFL is concerned about situations like that which I just considered part of the game, why wouldn't they be concerned with other disturbing behavior? Or is it that our liberal society has now evolved to the point that homosexuality is no longer disturbing behavior but normal behavior? Maybe Sam is no problem at all in the locker room, but since this opens the door for openly gay behavior, do you think for one minute that there eventually won't be issues with later players? In my mind this is a very derisive issue that will have a significant impact on pro sports going forward. Why do men and women use separate locker rooms if sexuality is not an issue? And with that line of thinking, why isn't Sam then required to dress in a separate locker room for the same reasons?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring it Ozark. I have no problem dealing with multiple detractors at one time.
Bring what? I have already said I have no interest in sparring with you. If you find what I say that offensive just put me on ignore. Sorry you feel that way.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a valid point Caynine. Nobody can theoretically make you do anything you don't want to do. But I used to work with a homosexual that was constantly making snide and crude remarks, and generally trying to provoke a reaction of some sort. And it got quite disturbing even if I had no interest whatsoever.

Well, in that instance, you've got a credible sexual harassment suit on your hands. This is of course, is obviously not limited to homosexuals and can happen in any and all workplaces.

Nobody knows what goes on in the locker rooms....as evidenced by the Richie Incognito incident. If the NFL is concerned about situations like that which I just considered part of the game, why wouldn't they be concerned with other disturbing behavior? Or is it that our liberal society has now evolved to the point that homosexuality is no longer disturbing behavior but normal behavior?

What disturbing behavior are you referring to? Michael Sam has never been implicated in any sort of disruptive behavior. He hasn't even ever stepped into an NFL locker room yet. In fact, judging by how much his teammates at Missouri liked and supported the guy, I'd say his track record sides in the resoundingly positive, when it comes to locker room unity.

Maybe Sam is no problem at all in the locker room, but since this opens the door for openly gay behavior, do you think for one minute that there eventually won't be issues with later players?

This doesn't open the door for "openly gay behavior". It opens the door for openly gay players to play NFL football. Unless... you're referring to football as openly gay behavior, that is. Lol. It opens the door for later players to get acclimated with the changing landscape of the NFL and the world.

In my mind this is a very derisive issue that will have a significant impact on pro sports going forward.

I should hope it does have a significant impact on pro sports, just as events like Jackie Robinson's signing and the passing of Title IX have, before it. Nobody gives any more thought to African Americans, or women in sports anymore. As it should be.

Why do men and women use separate locker rooms if sexuality is not an issue? And with that line of thinking, why isn't Sam then required to dress in a separate locker room for the same reasons?

Men and women have separate locker rooms because men and women have completely different physiology from one another. It has nothing to do with anyone's thoughts or urges. A gay athlete could pass thorough any locker room in any professional sports league (and let's not kid ourselves... they already have... many times over) and never be noticed. Why? Because they have the same parts as everyone else there. You're not suggesting the Rams implement a "Gays-Only" locker room, are you? (Yes, I know you're not. That question was rhetorical.)

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Micheal Sam was a mistake. The Rams are deeper at his position than any other team right now and the poor guy probably won't get off the practice squad and when the Rams cut him next year the gay attack dogs will go nuts! Bad move in my opinion. The Rams drafted a liability. As far as espn's coverage and the kissing is concerned I did not see it because I stopped watching that overly politically correct network years ago. They have an over paid milkdud that says the NBA is a black league and it goes unreported. I'm not going to say shame on the Rams...they did what is considered hip and popular. They play in the media world and probably think this will earn them bragging rights, what it won't do is help them get to the Super Bowl. You either want to win or be politically correct...and this player at his weight and skill level will not get it done.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Micheal Sam was a mistake. The Rams are deeper at his position than any other team right now and the poor guy probably won't get off the practice squad and when the Rams cut him next year the gay attack dogs will go nuts! Bad move in my opinion. The Rams drafted a liability. As far as espn's coverage and the kissing is concerned I did not see it because I stopped watching that overly politically correct network years ago. They have an over paid milkdud that says the NBA is a black league and it goes unreported. I'm not going to say shame on the Rams...they did what is considered hip and popular. They play in the media world and probably think this will earn them bragging rights, what it won't do is help them get to the Super Bowl. You either want to win or be politically correct...and this player at his weight and skill level will not get it done.

:agree:

Well said

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extra media attention is unfortunate, as it is against what Sam actually wants. Being out, he just wants to be judged as a football player. The media is going to cause a stink if he gets cut, and there is a good chance of that happening, as there is with any 7th round pick. Plus, UDFA Westbrooks is going to be solid competition with likely more upside, not even mentioning trying to unseat the players on the roster last year. Rams can always use improved depth, but it remains to be seen if Sam is that. I guess we'll find out.