• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day: Rounds 4-7

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt agree with every pick but the Rams probably had a top 5 draft

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke

You need to read this: St. Louis Rams draft Michael Sam, make NFL history - NFL.com

This was Fisher's idea since Friday. Fisher is the one who called Stan to tell him what they were planning on doing and Stan said OK.

Well...I guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me. By watching the pressor it looked as though Fisher kept bringing Stan Kreonkes name as though it was his idea. Its all about making history.

Fisher did state that this was the 2nd time that the Rams made history, the first being the Rams drafted the first African American. Now the first gay guy.Big Deal

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams had a decent but not great draft. I had no problems with the 1st day picks of Robinson and Donald. I didn't agree with trading up 3 spots and giving up a 5th rd pick to a guy that likely would've fallen to us. We could've used that 5th round pick on a McCarron, Murray or Mettenberger instead of the guy we got. Also, as I've said previously in a different post, I think we could've drafted a higher need in the 3rd round instead of getting a RB. A RB was something we could have waited until the 6th or 7th round to draft and still got someone decent.

As for the Michael Sam thing, thankfully I wasn't watching when he was drafted and didn't see the video nor do I ever intend to. I really don't care whether or not he is gay. I just want a guy that has enough talent to stay on the team and make contributions. I am thankful that the Rams aren't going to be on Hard Knocks because you know that Sam would be the primary focus for over 2/3 of the show.

Overall grade from me: B/B-

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first, I didn't like some of the picks ( Robinson, Mason ). Still don't like the Sam pick because he's a tweener that can't play LB and we have a bunch of DE already.

However, having looked at how they drafted, it has become abundantly clear what they were doing. We are becoming the Jets.

Bradford is going to be Sanchize 2.0- a game manager that is asked to limit mistakes while throwing between 18-20 times a game.

Mason makes perfect sense because they are going to run the ball 65% of the time and you need two capable backs to do that. Now they have that in Stacy and Mason.

Robinson will fill the LG spot next to Long ( when healthy ) and the Rams will run it down teams throats and control the clock.

The Rams have a sick front 4 ( possible second coming of the Fearsome Foursome ) that will get after the QB and hopefully stuff the run. Hopefully, the front 7 can create enough pressure to limit the time QB's have to throw because our safety position is still weak.

No need to draft a WR like Watkins when you are only going to throw 20 times a game. That is why the WR position went undrafted.

If all goes well, this formula will work like it did for the Jets and the team can make the playoffs.

Only problem is, when the team runs into a better team in the playoffs, our QB will be required to make plays to win the game just like Sanchize needed to, but having not been put in that situation all season, he will falter just like Sanchize did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I guess I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me. By watching the pressor it looked as though Fisher kept bringing Stan Kreonkes name as though it was his idea. Its all about making history.

Fisher did state that this was the 2nd time that the Rams made history, the first being the Rams drafted the first African American. Now the first gay guy.Big Deal

And you were all over my posts telling me I was wrong and such. Sometimes you young folk need to get your facts straight before you rag on the Mod there Zeke! lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson,

Love and smooching you gf is one thing. Making out with your boy toy and having a cake party like you are married is another. And don't blame it on espn. It's just 2 guys that think they were getting married or something and smearing cake all over each other. It was disgusting and a joke.

All the negativity for the rams draft? How about reality?

1) we drafted a OT that never pass blocked in college and will play guard in the NFL with the #2 overall pick.
2) we drafted a stud DT and all we needed was a body to put on the Dline next to 3 studs. We could have used Pryor here. You will see him become a force on the Jets.
3) we traded UP to #40 overall and gave up a 5th rounder for a nickel CB
3.5) we drafted a stud RB that may need surgery
4) we drafted a safety from STL that has played safety but 1 year at Utah st after punching a teammate and serving 45 days in jail, while no one else was looking to draft the guy that early. No one was even talking about him because he was the janitor at the dome.
5) well we gave up our 5th
6) we drafted a QB and wasted that pick
7) we drafted a gay DE that loves being gay and flaunts it on national tv, will make our training camp a complete joke, and really loves cake.

Those are the facts. Rate them how u want.

But our offense is still a question mark and so is the secondary. These guys have no idea how to utilize picks and balance their team.

We will be lucky to be 8-8. Which is what fisher does best.

This.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have no problem with the Sam pick had he been hetero, kissing and cake party included. In fact, you guys would be hooting and hollering if that had been McCarron having that cake party. I can see this is going to further devolve into how Sam's relationship is against the Bible, so I'm out.

How do you know I would have no problem with the pick if gay boy was hetero? More supposition when I already stated when they drafted him I didn't think he was that good of a football player for the pros because he is highly one dimensional and I don't see his play breaking into the rotation of the studs we already have.

This is typical. When presented an opportunity to understand more about the truth, you disappear. That's fine. Like I said, this is way too much work to attempt to provide someone an opportunity to expand your mind. You are entitled to believe what you want.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know I would have no problem with the pick if gay boy was hetero?

Wow retro, of all people I never thought I would hear THIS kind of talk out of you... oh well.
Bottom line is we all know he has talent. It is going to be up to him to harness it correctly and up to Fisher and Williams to figure out how to use it effectively. Tweener or not, if you are co defensive player of the year in the SEC, you are not a wasted pick EVER

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? KSUDodger. I made it known when the pick came down that I didn't think Sam was that good of a player. I am not sure where you are getting that you were surprised about my assertion that after watching tape, I thought he wasn't that good of a football player? Ya got me confused.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I just meant the comment retro... just the comment. I get that you did not think he was that good prior to the draft. That is your opinion. I disagree with said opinion. I simply was surprised by the angry "gay boy" comment... that is all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. No Worries. How is calling somebody a gay boy when that is what is being discussed here, an angry statement? Would homosexual be a better reference? I don't know KSUDodger, I am beginning to wonder what has you making these distinctions?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. No Worries. How is calling somebody a gay boy when that is what is being discussed here, an angry statement? Would homosexual be a better reference? I don't know KSUDodger, I am beginning to wonder what has you making these distinctions?

You could just drop the sexual preference all together and just call him a football player who has several glaring weaknesses

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when we are discussing the ISSUE of sexual preference Red. Jeez Louise!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could just drop the sexual preference all together and just call him a football player who has several glaring weaknesses

Perfect... let the dude work his ass off and if he makes it great, if he doesn't, great.

I don't know KSUDodger, I am beginning to wonder what has you making these distinctions?

Just tried of there being any issues. I am married, with kids and grandkids, if that is what I think you were implying. It simply should not matter if Michael likes Luke or Lucy as long as the guy can do his job... ya know?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are not discussing the issue of sexual preference retro.. we are discussing a player who may or may not make the Rams roster. What he does after practice and Tuesday through Saturday should not matter... but apparently it STILL does.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect... let the dude work his ass off and if he makes it great, if he doesn't, great.

I don't know KSUDodger, I am beginning to wonder what has you making these distinctions?

Just tried of there being any issues. I am married, with kids and grandkids, if that is what I think you were implying. It simply should not matter if Michael likes Luke or Lucy as long as the guy can do his job... ya know?

Your last paragraph has no validity. I am a internship and dissertation away from completing a Ph.D in Clinical Psych. There is absolutely no evidence (scientific research) to indicate that anything in this life happens in a vacuum. All behavior has relevance and effects and they may not be direct but indirect.

The argument that what a person does in the privacy of their domicile has no effect on their public life is a propagated myth. For example, there is significant data indicating that mental illness and its behaviors in a family tree has generational effects manifested several generations later. The behaviors related to mental illness are manifested in people who have never met the identifed patient several generations into the past. Shopson made this same argument and it is simply erroneous.

You expressed you were tired (tried) of there being issues. Well until folks get that this agenda is a devisive agenda that is based in error, there will be issues about it until hell freezes over. Ignoring the issue as you and Red have suggested can be done, but others are not going to follow your advice and it will only magnify it not make it go away.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is going to be Sanchize 2.0

Only problem is, when the team runs into a better team in the playoffs, our QB will be required to make plays to win the game just like Sanchize needed to, but having not been put in that situation all season, he will falter just like Sanchize did.

1. Bradford is waaaay better then mr. Butfumble
2. He could also get hot like flacco, or die in a plane crash etc etc

Dont cha just love the NFL :yahoo:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA... I am TRIED right now... 10 hours into a 12 hour stint on the air today!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Bradford is waaaay better then mr. Butfumble
2. He could also get hot like flacco, or die in a plane crash etc etc

Dont cha just love the NFL :yahoo:

Wasn't comparing the two.

Was just meaning that would be his role.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know I would have no problem with the pick if gay boy was hetero? More supposition when I already stated when they drafted him I didn't think he was that good of a football player for the pros because he is highly one dimensional and I don't see his play breaking into the rotation of the studs we already have.

This is typical. When presented an opportunity to understand more about the truth, you disappear. That's fine. Like I said, this is way too much work to attempt to provide someone an opportunity to expand your mind. You are entitled to believe what you want.

Because you played the morality card. What would be immoral about picking someone with a 7th round comp pick otherwise? It's not like he was kicked off the team due to assault charges (like Alexander). Arguing religion isn't worth it, because people are set in their ways. When that makes people hate people who are different from them, it's a sad situation.