• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day logistics

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just realized I have a night class on draft day!!! :mad2:

From what I can tell, the draft starts at 1pm PST. How long do you expect the first round to last? My class starts at 5pm. I'd just show up late that day, but there's a quiz at the very beginning of each class. :(

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized I have a night class on draft day!!! :mad2:

From what I can tell, the draft starts at 1pm PST. How long do you expect the first round to last? My class starts at 5pm. I'd just show up late that day, but there's a quiz at the very beginning of each class. :(

Don't you live in Cali Sick? The Draft starts 5 pm PST should last 3 hours

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Don't you live in Cali Sick? The Draft starts 5 pm PST should last 3 hours

I do live in Cali. I thought it started at 1.

So the draft starts the same time as my class, and myclass is 3 hours long. Wow.

...Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to cut out early that day. I'll just make it up with some office hours. Screw grades; my GPA is plenty high.

NFL draft > School. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So the draft starts the same time as my class, and myclass is 3 hours long. Wow.

...Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to cut out early that day. I'll just make it up with some office hours. Screw grades; my GPA is plenty high.

Go to school man! I'm pretty sure you can set your TV to record the draft, all you have to do is watch the draft at your own time. Avoid SportsHoopla message board for a day until you catch up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks for the sage advice Bingo, but I think I'll be fine if I leave an hour or so early. I'm pulling like 97% in that class.

I the first round is going to get interesting around the 16th pick or so. Probably won't make it by then, but maybe I'll catch it around the time the Bengals are on the clock.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should go to class. Can fast forward all the time until they actually pick. Plus when its the 9ers pick and they go to commercial; instead of cursing and waiting you can just skip them.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Should go to class. Can fast forward all the time until they actually pick. Plus when its the 9ers pick and they go to commercial; instead of cursing and waiting you can just skip them.

But the cursing & waiting makes the celebrating all that much sweeter when they come back from commercial to reveal the Niners took Johnathan Hankins. :)

thoughtbubble.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people were against the draft changing days, but did it also move from two days to three recently? Or has it been that way for awhile? Has it ever been a 1-day and 7 rounds? I know I heard of a time when there was a ridiculous number of rounds. 7 now sounds like it makes sense.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people were against the draft changing days, but did it also move from two days to three recently? Or has it been that way for awhile? Has it ever been a 1-day and 7 rounds? I know I heard of a time when there was a ridiculous number of rounds. 7 now sounds like it makes sense.

They changed it when Goodell became commissioner so I would say bout 4-5 years ago. Also I can never remember 7 rounds 1 day draft so I did a google search & at least since 1981 (the year I was born) there haven't been a 1 day draft.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said your classes usually have a quiz at the beginning right? So next Thursday give your professor an excuse why you need to leave after the quiz. Leave after the quiz the 1st 30 minuets or so they talking heads are going to be talking so the actual picks won't probably start till 5:30 and depending on how far away you live from campus you probably can get home before the top 10 is up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They changed it when Goodell became commissioner so I would say bout 4-5 years ago. Also I can never remember 7 rounds 1 day draft so I did a google search & at least since 1981 (the year I was born) there haven't been a 1 day draft.

Thanks, Supreme!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is coming from someone who went to like freakin every class even when the teacher read straight out of the book. Don't waste any extra time there because you won't be able to concentrate on anything at all if you're anything like me.

I really HATE the new draft schedule. It's ridiculous.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You said your classes usually have a quiz at the beginning right? So next Thursday give your professor an excuse why you need to leave after the quiz. Leave after the quiz the 1st 30 minuets or so they talking heads are going to be talking so the actual picks won't probably start till 5:30 and depending on how far away you live from campus you probably can get home before the top 10 is up.

Thank Supreme. That's the plan. I may stay for a little longer, but I want to be gone by the time the Rams pick at 16. That's where the draft gets interesting IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News to some, I'm sure, if not most.

ESPN, NFL Network tweak draft coverage; won't show draftees in Green Room - CBSSports.com

As we get set to experience the splendor of the NFL draft (this year, featuring 26 players in attendance!), the networks airing it are tweaking how they're covering the draft.

According to Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch, after the league met with ESPN and the NFL Network on Wednesday, the three entities have decided to turn up the intrigue on the drama.

Deitsch writes that the NFL Network and ESPN have agreed not to “show a draftee on the phone in the Green Room prior to the pick on the first night of the NFL Draft.” In past years obviously, those Green Room shots let the viewer knew who Roger Goodell was about to announce before Goodell could get to the podium and actually say the name.

This way, nobody except the draftee -- and whoever is sitting next to him in the Green Room -- will know which player the next team on the clock will take until Goodell announces it.

Which the league hopes will add even more intrigue to the proceedings and indirectly gives Goodell more power than ever before.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
How about going back to Saturday-Sunday and just shortening the time.

I blame them moving this to three days from Berman loudly bitching about having to spend 11 hours, 43 mins, 28 seconds.. blah blah.. annoying mfer