• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else surprised or disappointed with the lack of activity from Blake? There have been some deals made and I really thought there would be at least some activity from the Kings. Dont get me wrong, I dont want them to make a move for the sake of making a move but I thought we would have heard something by now.

Draft day isnt over and things could still happen we will have to wait and see.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know nothing about most the draftees
This article says he is a good puck moving DMan that sometimes overcommits and gets out of position

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know nothing about most the draftees
This article says he is a good puck moving DMan that sometimes overcommits and gets out of position
He is right D but I doubt he is going to be ready for this year. We have another offensive Dman but I believe our real need is some stay at home type. During the cup run we had a nice mixture of both offensive and stay at home D.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blown away by how few deals the Kraken did. Their expansion draft was pretty underwhelming, but Thursday they were supposed to talk about all the deals that happened that led them to the picks they picked, but that was a dud too. Kings lack of activity is sort of surprising, but I am reading that they tried to track back into the first round to get a goalie, but no one was willing to trade at that point. Free Agency is in a week, and we'll see what goes down the rest of this draft weekend. If we go into the season, and Blake only made the Arvidsson move, then that would be pretty surprising to me. Too early to tell so far though.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blown away by how few deals the Kraken did. Their expansion draft was pretty underwhelming, but Thursday they were supposed to talk about all the deals that happened that led them to the picks they picked, but that was a dud too. Kings lack of activity is sort of surprising, but I am reading that they tried to track back into the first round to get a goalie, but no one was willing to trade at that point. Free Agency is in a week, and we'll see what goes down the rest of this draft weekend. If we go into the season, and Blake only made the Arvidsson move, then that would be pretty surprising to me. Too early to tell so far though.
I guess thats initial purpose for me starting this thread. With Blake talking about needing to make some big moves this offseason, I was expecting something big and exciting. With that being said, there is still free agency. Also, I would rather no moves as opposed to bad moves. I am not sold on Eichel and glad we didnt get JOnes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings making an early move today. Moved up 7 spots to take this winger. *I thought they said winger live, but he's listed as a Center.

1627142185534.png

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake has to do something that equals success on the ice. I get not making a move for the sake of making a move but the team has many weaknesses and some of them glaringly bad. Kings will never be able to get all theses picks and prospects on the team at the same time so make some deals that make sense. At some point hes going to have to jump in or lose his job.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He supposed to be good....but kings have a lot of those haha

Exactly. They said on NHL.com stream that his family believed he should have been picked yesterday (Though I am sure a lot of players and their families feel this way), and he seems like a sniper, but we have a lot of guys who get hyped at the draft. I like LA getting quality over quantity now, but like you said, I feel like we've heard this song before. Overall, I can't hate on the move though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a ton of deals being talked about out there. Columbus shipped the 2nd they got for Seth Jones to Carolina for Jake Bean already this morning. They keep saying Florida got Sam Reinhart from Buffalo, but no one will confirm and no one has disclosed what was traded in return.

They are saying Philly and Columbus talking about trading Cam Atkinson for Jakob Voracek in some package right now.

The Athletic said Cale Makar signed with Colorado. Looks like 6 year deal at $9mil per year ($54mil total).

*I was talking to my Dad and the amount of brothers that just got paired together is sort of wild. Kraken took two Fleury brothers in the expansion draft. The last Hughes brother got drafted to play in NJ with his brother Jack Hughes. Chicago traded for Seth Jones' brother in the Duncan Keith trade, and then got Seth Jones, so they have two Jones brothers. Sort of just a weird trend just this weekend. 3 sets in one weekend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings traded up again. Took... another center. haha. Pretty much addicted to centers at this point.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the center they took has some size, 6'6", and was originally projected to go higher in the draft (not that statement doesn't get used with every draft, in every league). Getting tired of the Kings only drafting "skill" seemingly, resulting in all the midgets they've been stockpiling. Didn't work in the Gretzky era, not seeing it work now!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at 10 different scouting draft reports you get 10 different guesses , in mean conclusions, where a player will be taken. All the talking heads think Kings made good choices. We won’t know for years if they are right.
The kid the Habs took was listed anywhere from 35 to 51
I think given that no team wanted him he could have been taken in round 2 or 3

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the draft live I just read about it earlier this morning in the papers.
My question is this, why aren’t the Kings at least look like they’re trying to get better through trades?

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the draft live I just read about it earlier this morning in the papers.
My question is this, why aren’t the Kings at least look like they’re trying to get better through trades?
Funny thing, I said something similar on facebook and was crucified. Everyone loved the picks by Blake and all I said was why Blake hasnt made any trades as he said that he was going to do this offseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some note that there were 5 sets of brothers united this week. Sort of crazy.

I watched the interviews post-draft and the kids the Kings took seem to have great character. Brandt Clarke seems pretty legit and he wasn't a reach just to fill a need (Seemed like the vibe watching it live and seeing reactions). Saw a lot of other places listing him pretty high. Always estimating like 3-5 years out, so who knows, but Kings seemed happy with their pics.

Free Agency kicks off Wednesday, so that'll be interesting. Saw an article saying Vegas made Martinez an offer he is mulling over, but he's not off the board as an option for LA to sign as a FA. Seattle has a ton of cap, so they think Ron Francis ties means he'll probably take a strong push to sign Hamilton (And maybe even Landeskog).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least the center they took has some size, 6'6", and was originally projected to go higher in the draft (not that statement doesn't get used with every draft, in every league). Getting tired of the Kings only drafting "skill" seemingly, resulting in all the midgets they've been stockpiling. Didn't work in the Gretzky era, not seeing it work now!

Yeah for sure. I wasn't really critiquing the player. I think they said tallest Finnish player ever drafted.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some note that there were 5 sets of brothers united this week. Sort of crazy.

I watched the interviews post-draft and the kids the Kings took seem to have great character. Brandt Clarke seems pretty legit and he wasn't a reach just to fill a need (Seemed like the vibe watching it live and seeing reactions). Saw a lot of other places listing him pretty high. Always estimating like 3-5 years out, so who knows, but Kings seemed happy with their pics.

Free Agency kicks off Wednesday, so that'll be interesting. Saw an article saying Vegas made Martinez an offer he is mulling over, but he's not off the board as an option for LA to sign as a FA. Seattle has a ton of cap, so they think Ron Francis ties means he'll probably take a strong push to sign Hamilton (And maybe even Landeskog).
I really hope Blake does something. To be honest, I love what he has done the past few years. He got us out of cap hell and really loaded up prospects. But, at some point we need to start seeing the fruit of the drafts. It could be that I am just too impatient (very possible) but just relying on the prospects and not making an impact with free agents or trades is getting frustrating.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think the Kings sign anyone Wednesday. I think they will look at cheaper players to fill gaps. One forward and one dman but no big names.

Eichel, Hamilton, Suter, Yandle and others all mentioned as long shots for the kings to get.
I doubt we get any.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Kings sign anyone Wednesday. I think they will look at cheaper players to fill gaps. One forward and one dman but no big names.

Eichel, Hamilton, Suter, Yandle and others all mentioned as long shots for the kings to get.
I doubt we get any.
That is fine.....kings have plenty to trade