• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Day

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Danault as far functionality? Like does he play a true 2C position even though he can't score?

Or is he like a legit 3C? What do the lines even possibly look like?

Arvidsson-Kopitar-Brown
Iafallo-Danault-Kempe (To me, a line like this is more of a legit checking line than a true 2nd line. A line that could go against another team's 1st and just break even, which is not a bad thing necessarily).

I imagine Danault signs his contract and then gets here to see the housing market and wants out immediately. "I should have asked for $12Mil just to survive here".

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude better have a plan. If he has to go the trade route they will be losing assets but maybe bringing back someone younger who fits in the age gap they have right now.
A plan?! Really?! I don’t think Flake has a plan. 2 years spent as Dumbo’s AGM did not make him fit for the job of GM.
Look at how the other AGM of Dumbo’s is doing, Hextall? He didn’t last long in Philthy. Now he’s running the Pens. Last year they were solid, but that’s because of what happened before Hex got there and in spite of him.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across this article by chance. And the writer must be high if he thinks Blake by some miracle would be able to pull off a trade or sign any of these players.
Also, I’m tired of hearing “next year” or “next summer” when it comes to the Kings doing something.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across this article by chance. And the writer must be high if he thinks Blake by some miracle would be able to pull off a trade or sign any of these players.
Also, I’m tired of hearing “next year” or “next summer” when it comes to the Kings doing something.
Ok I might have been slightly off with the last statement.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction twinkle toes. Byfield can play in the AHL next season. The NHL/OHL signed a one year exception that any player with at least 20 games played in the AHL can return to play in the AHL instead of having to go back to the OHL.

Good catch. He has nothing left to prove in Juniors but I don't feel he is ready for the NHL yet, not where the Kings are anyway.

I think a season or maybe even two in Ontario would benefit him over playing in the B6 in LA unless he reallt impresses at camp. I just don't want them to force this guy onto the team unless he is ready. Danault definitely addresses that, I like that part of it but wow did LA overpay.

Some of the guys from the 2017-20 drafts should be more prepared to stay in LA over him at this point but who knows, nothing has panned out from any draft under Bowlby so far.

Last edited:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Danault as far functionality? Like does he play a true 2C position even though he can't score?

Or is he like a legit 3C? What do the lines even possibly look like?

Arvidsson-Kopitar-Brown
Iafallo-Danault-Kempe (To me, a line like this is more of a legit checking line than a true 2nd line. A line that could go against another team's 1st and just break even, which is not a bad thing necessarily).

I imagine Danault signs his contract and then gets here to see the housing market and wants out immediately. "I should have asked for $12Mil just to survive here".

He's a jack.of trades, master of none. He can move up and down the M6 but in reality he is an upper end 3C. The guy has averaged 8 goals a season his entire NHL career with his tops being 13 twice.

He has a little bit of offensive skill but unless the Kings get some wingers he can set up, his production won't be even what it was in Montreal. This is where the "best prospect pool in the league" comes in. Time to put up or shut up.

The way I'm seeing the top lines right now are:
19/11/33
9/24/13

At least Brown should finally be off the first line and on the third as the 3RW bur that also depends on how Arvidsson meshes with Kopitar. Not a lot of guys can play with a guy like him so camp should be interesting.