• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2021

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know JG isn't a tier 1 NFL QB, but wasn't willing to give up so much draft capital.
I mean did the Chargers think Drew Brees was one of the greatest QB's of all time when they drafted Rivers?

As good as Rivers was it ended up being a pretty big mistake to let Brees go. I'm not expecting quite that level of turn around from Jimmy G but hopefully competition brings back the Jimmy we saw for 5 games in 2017 because I don't think he's played with that level of confidence and fire since the knee injury he suffered the following year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/147079-john-lynch-fine-sweetening-49ers-offer-draft-trade/

Whats done is done and we got the QB we wanted HOWEVER, i don't view that 2022 3rd rounder as a "bonus" that is just thrown in?! That is a valuable pick and shouldn't just be 'downplayed'.

Wouldn't made me feel better if Lynch countered Miami with a 5th or 4th first, anyway......

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats done is done and we got the QB we wanted HOWEVER, i don't view that 2022 3rd rounder as a "bonus" that is just thrown in?! That is a valuable pick and shouldn't just be 'downplayed'.

Wouldn't made me feel better if Lynch countered Miami with a 5th or 4th first, anyway......

It's very nearly a 4th round pick as it is the comp pick for minority hires to coach or GM positions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF had Aaron Banks rating at 0.00, Banks lost all 18 plays.

Oh oh!

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banks and Moore looked baaaaad on saturday. If Trent Williams goes down, who do we have?? The fact that Banks isn't pushing Brunskill to be the starter is disappointing to say the least. OL is the area I'm most worried about.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Banks and Moore looked baaaaad on saturday. If Trent Williams goes down, who do we have?? The fact that Banks isn't pushing Brunskill to be the starter is disappointing to say the least. OL is the area I'm most worried about.
If.....IF......this situation continues along the O-line, they're going to add guys cut from other teams. No, we won't get a solid starter using this method, but any improvement over these guys beat standing pat. Someone who got cut is "Below Average", but that still beats "Statue"

There needs to be some improvement.....any improvement......over the next two Pre-Season games.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If.....IF......this situation continues along the O-line, they're going to add guys cut from other teams. No, we won't get a solid starter using this method, but any improvement over these guys beat standing pat. Someone who got cut is "Below Average", but that still beats "Statue"

There needs to be some improvement.....any improvement......over the next two Pre-Season games.
Maybe we'll insert more roll-outs into the game plan to help keep the DLine honest... last week was pretty vanilla. Almost every pass (save for the long touchdown) was from the pocket. I know they don't want to show too much during the preseason, but you don't want to get your QBs knocked around unnecessarily either. I just don't have much hope that Moore and whoever is gonna cover for Banks are gonna fare well against the Chargers 1's/2's. Yikes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe we'll insert more roll-outs into the game plan to help keep the DLine honest... last week was pretty vanilla. Almost every pass (save for the long touchdown) was from the pocket. I know they don't want to show too much during the preseason, but you don't want to get your QBs knocked around unnecessarily either. I just don't have much hope that Moore and whoever is gonna cover for Banks are gonna fare well against the Chargers 1's/2's. Yikes.
Ok this is fair, that keeping it vanilla allowed the Chiefs to 'tee off' to some extent. However, i saw two plays where Brunskill and Banks were just statues, these two cases aren't atributable to vanilla because even in a vanilla play, the DT shouldn't just run right by you.

There was another play where the DE ran right by Moore. Not getting on Moore being he's a late pick playing LT, but just to reinforce the back-up O-linemen were "statues" last week. There must be players cut from other teams, better than statues?

Looked aother way, i felt there were two plays where Lance didn't even have a chance. Some talking heads said he should've avoided the sack with athleticism.....uhhh.....NO ONE would've avoided those sacks.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is fair, that keeping it vanilla allowed the Chiefs to 'tee off' to some extent. However, i saw two plays where Brunskill and Banks were just statues, these two cases aren't atributable to vanilla because even in a vanilla play, the DT shouldn't just run right by you.

There was another play where the DE ran right by Moore. Not getting on Moore being he's a late pick playing LT, but just to reinforce the back-up O-linemen were "statues" last week. There must be players cut from other teams, better than statues?

Looked aother way, i felt there were two plays where Lance didn't even have a chance. Some talking heads said he should've avoided the sack with athleticism.....uhhh.....NO ONE would've avoided those sacks.
I know the exact plays your talking about... Lance had no chance and was probably told not to run as well. Actual statues would have done a better job blocking, lol.