• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm 2024

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Dues” is not a nick name, and he wasn’t a 9th rounder.
Spongebob Squarepants Whatever GIF by Mashed

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerar Encarnación just keeps hitting since the Giants signed him. He’s now on a 14-game hitting streak going back to a 3-hit game on July 4th, going 24-for-54 (.444) with two doubles and five home runs. As a River Cat, he’s got a .355/.444/.607 batting line.

last night: 4-5, 2 R, 5 RBI, 1 HR (8)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerar Encarnación just keeps hitting since the Giants signed him. He’s now on a 14-game hitting streak going back to a 3-hit game on July 4th, going 24-for-54 (.444) with two doubles and five home runs. As a River Cat, he’s got a .355/.444/.607 batting line.

last night: 4-5, 2 R, 5 RBI, 1 HR (8)
He will be up eventually this year. I believe that. Hill and Baumann will be dfa’d this week when there is a better chance they will clear.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be up eventually this year. I believe that. Hill and Baumann will be dfa’d this week when there is a better chance they will clear.
I understand collecting some depth but FZ collects depth and then gets more depth so that his original depth could still be depth when more depth is added. Ultimately, they aren't depth, they are just more players he can grab and let go in a matter of months, if not weeks in some cases. (Or days, like Drew Pomerantz). The dud gets a bit phrenetic on acquiring minor leaguers and fringe players sometimes.

By the way, it took Encarnacion almost two months to be able to start playing due to some sort of visa issue after signing with the Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand collecting some depth but FZ collects depth and then gets more depth so that his original depth could still be depth when more depth is added. Ultimately, they aren't depth, they are just more players he can grab and let go in a matter of months, if not weeks in some cases. (Or days, like Drew Pomerantz). The dud gets a bit phrenetic on acquiring minor leaguers and fringe players sometimes.

By the way, it took Encarnacion almost two months to be able to start playing due to some sort of visa issue after signing with the Giants.
You know you don’t have to convince me that FZ is loco en la cabeza , right?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depth>Depth>Depth

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 8 players on rehab assignments with the ACL squad (including a couple who were immediately sent to the ACL upon being placed on their previous assignment's IL). Here are the ones I find most intriguing:

Ethan Small - If he does well in rehab, he may be able to provide a fresh arm to the big league bullpen
Marques Johnson - acquired in a trade last year, he showed some potential but has been sidelined up to now in 2024
Thomas Szapucki - Another guy that looked to have some promise, he was acquired in a trade with the Mets and has missed a significant chunk of 2023 and 2024
Aeverson Arteaga - After the 2022 season, he looked like the shortstop of the future for the Giants but scuffled last year and has been injured all of this year
Kanoa Pagan - The 19th round pick in the 2019 draft, I'm mainly intrigued to see how he does after not throwing a pitch in a professional game since August 2022. He was first placed on the restricted list with the ACL Giants Black on August 5, 2022, staying on that list until after the 2023 season and then spending most of 2024 on San Jose's IL.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 8 players on rehab assignments with the ACL squad (including a couple who were immediately sent to the ACL upon being placed on their previous assignment's IL). Here are the ones I find most intriguing:

Ethan Small - If he does well in rehab, he may be able to provide a fresh arm to the big league bullpen
Marques Johnson - acquired in a trade last year, he showed some potential but has been sidelined up to now in 2024
Thomas Szapucki - Another guy that looked to have some promise, he was acquired in a trade with the Mets and has missed a significant chunk of 2023 and 2024
Aeverson Arteaga - After the 2022 season, he looked like the shortstop of the future for the Giants but scuffled last year and has been injured all of this year
Kanoa Pagan - The 19th round pick in the 2019 draft, I'm mainly intrigued to see how he does after not throwing a pitch in a professional game since August 2022. He was first placed on the restricted list with the ACL Giants Black on August 5, 2022, staying on that list until after the 2023 season and then spending most of 2024 on San Jose's IL.
Are the Giants cursed that so many drafted guys play so little because of injuries and eventually get released or retire from the game? It seems one could make a long list of players in their system who played 20 or 30% of games while they were with the club before their departure in the last five or more years.