• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm 2024

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Howard is evidently back with the Giants organization and listed on Sacramento’s roster tonight. He appeared briefly with the club earlier in the year before being traded to the Guardians. Cleveland recently placed him on waivers, he cleared and elected free agency.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Howard is evidently back with the Giants organization and listed on Sacramento’s roster tonight. He appeared briefly with the club earlier in the year before being traded to the Guardians. Cleveland recently placed him on waivers, he cleared and elected free agency.
First Strotman and now Howard. Weird.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious…

What do you have against posting the actual tweets that you copy/paste from?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacramento was down 8-0 in the 3rd inning against the Isotopes tonight. They now lead 11-8.

Walton is 0-0, 3 runs, and 5 walks

Teng started and gave up all 8 runs. His ERA is now 9.63.
Maybe that is why the Giants acquired another reliever for AAA

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case anyone has wondered how much BS it is that minor league roster spots are at a premium, the RiverCats currently have 22 pitchers listed as active as of this morning and a total of 34 players on the active roster. This is in addition to another 13 players on the 3 different ILs (7-day, 60-day and full season).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case anyone has wondered how much BS it is that minor league roster spots are at a premium, the RiverCats currently have 22 pitchers listed as active as of this morning and a total of 34 players on the active roster. This is in addition to another 13 players on the 3 different ILs (7-day, 60-day and full season).
Are there organizational roster limits, outside of the minor league Rule V draft (which I still have zero understanding of)?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there organizational roster limits, outside of the minor league Rule V draft (which I still have zero understanding of)?
I thought so, but I'm not sure how fluid they are. AA and A teams typically are between 27 to 29 players but I've seen low A ball go up to 30. Rookie and AAA can get really ridiculous, such as where AAA currently sits. Now I believe that rehab players don't really "count" against the roster limits and the RiverCats currently have 2 pitchers rehabbing (Beck and Small). So their roster really is at 32. That is still really large. I've also wondered if the taxi squad still exists and, so, if that is the case, and it is still at 3 players, then maybe that is why AAA is afforded a larger roster.

Still the point about eliminated minor leagues making roster spots a premium is ridiculous because I believe roster limits for all levels was 25 prior to the reduction of minor league teams. So most farms last essentially short season A ball team but they gained first a 2nd ACL or GCL team for a bit but even with that 2nd squad eliminated, the increased rosters among the remaining teams means that the average farm system has lost about 10 to 12 roster spots total from the minor league contraction a few years ago. Couple that with the draft being lowered by 10 rounds and there really isn't any difference in how many guys are competing for minor league spots. The changes have hurt guys trying to go pro more than anything else.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Cox stole his 55th base of the season for Eugene today. He was 38-41 in San Jose, and is now 17-22 in Eugene.

He has struggled at the plate in Eugene, hitting only .227, but his OBP is over 100 points higher at .333.

Sure could use some of that speed, if the rest of his game is legit.

Both Cox and Eldridge walked three times apiece today in their 15-4 win against Vancouver.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah Cox stole his 55th base of the season for Eugene today. He was 38-41 in San Jose, and is now 17-22 in Eugene.

He has struggled at the plate in Eugene, hitting only .227, but his OBP is over 100 points higher at .333.

Sure could use some of that speed, if the rest of his game is legit.

Both Cox and Eldridge walked three times apiece today in their 15-4 win against Vancouver.
Seeing walks is nice, but it is a LOT easier to get a walk in AA than in the bigs.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight in Sacramento, Meckler is 3-4 with 6 RBI's and two bases clearing triples.
I'm hoping he gets some time in SF this year, just because he's already played in games with the ACL Giants, San Jose, Eugene, Richmond and Sacramento. He makes it to SF then the only team in the organization he didn't play in would be the DSL Giants (well, two actually since the Giants still have two squads in the DSL).