• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm 2024

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Well, I think firemen know other firemen, so I would no be surprised if Dave didn't at least meet your dad. Heck, he probably knew all the firefighters in Modesto. He did move back to the Bay Area (Danville) when he got remarried back in the mid-90's.

Cancer svcks. He fought a glioblastoma brain tumor for several years before succumbing. I actually got to co-lead his memorial service. Over 1,000 firefighters showed up. It was intimidating, but like the military, they have their own rituals. I still get some comments on FB from firefighters who were there about some of the things I said. Although not a firefighter, I have been adopted into the brotherhood. When I can, especially during wildfire season, if I see a strike team at In 'n' Out somewhere, I try to insist on buying the crew a meal, in honor of Captain Dave.
I like it Stokes. Great way to honor your brother’s memory

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco Luciano already has 2 home runs with Sacramento tonight and they just entered the bottom of the 2nd inning

Luciano has recorded a hit in 7 of his last 8 games. He has 10 hits, including 4 home runs, in 32 at-bats during that span.

Luci is COMING.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco Luciano already has 2 home runs with Sacramento tonight and they just entered the bottom of the 2nd inning

Luciano has recorded a hit in 7 of his last 8 games. He has 10 hits, including 4 home runs, in 32 at-bats during that span.

Luci is COMING.
Ponch, you were a great Giant, but your time has come.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponch, you were a great Giant, but your time has come.
sad erik estrada GIF by beinglatino

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-5 with a walk and two bombs.

Can't be long now.
He went into a deep funk with the bat that he is just now getting out of. I don't think he is on the verge of a promotion. The Giants may want to see some sustained offense from him in AAA first.