• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm 2024

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's happening with that big dude they drafted last year who was supposed to be the next Ohtani, playing first base and pitching.

No one the Giants have drafted has been compared to Ohtani.

Of course they have. He supposedly was going to pitch and play the field. But I’m sure you can “confirm “ that this didn’t happen. I could name him but I won’t go into specifics with you here. I stand by my statement
Both Reggie Crawford (1st round, 2022) and Bryce Eldridge (1st round, 2023) were drafted as two way players and, as has been noted on this forum, both two way experiments have been scrapped.
Crawford has been converted exclusively to pitching and has worked his way up to AAA as a reliever before going on the IL with Sacramento.
Eldridge is just out of high school and recently got promoted from San Jose to Eugene. He is playing exclusive 1st base now. And after a really slow start with the bat, he has been hitting really well.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have. He supposedly was going to pitch and play the field. But I’m sure you can “confirm “ that this didn’t happen. I could name him but I won’t go into specifics with you here. I stand by my statement
Even in the most neutral conversations here this guy cannot help but be an asshole lol

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday:

Bryce Eldridge: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI
Alexander Suarez: 2-3, 2B, 2 SB
Casey Schmitt: 2-4, HR, RBI
Brett Auerbach: 2-3, 3B, RBI
Tanner Andrews: 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO

Looks like Eldridge will be in Richmond by end of season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday:

Bryce Eldridge: 2-4, HR, 3 RBI
Alexander Suarez: 2-3, 2B, 2 SB
Casey Schmitt: 2-4, HR, RBI
Brett Auerbach: 2-3, 3B, RBI
Tanner Andrews: 2 IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO

Looks like Eldridge will be in Richmond by end of season.
He was in HS just last year, so I am AOK with him slowing down a bit, but if he continues to rise at this pace, that would be absolutely amazing.

That said, the jumps from A to AA and from AA to AAA are exponentially bigger than the jumps from ACL to A- and from A- to A.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in HS just last year, so I am AOK with him slowing down a bit, but if he continues to rise at this pace, that would be absolutely amazing.

That said, the jumps from A to AA and from AA to AAA are exponentially bigger than the jumps from ACL to A- and from A- to A.
Agreed, but if he made AA by the end of year he'd be in line for a cuppo next year in SF.

Kinda fun to hope for.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Reggie Crawford (1st round, 2022) and Bryce Eldridge (1st round, 2023) were drafted as two way players and, as has been noted on this forum, both two way experiments have been scrapped.
Crawford has been converted exclusively to pitching and has worked his way up to AAA as a reliever before going on the IL with Sacramento.
Eldridge is just out of high school and recently got promoted from San Jose to Eugene. He is playing exclusive 1st base now. And after a really slow start with the bat, he has been hitting really well.
Agreed. Eldridge was the one I was talking about

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the most neutral conversations here this guy cannot help but be an asshole lol
It was the same response I got from him when I proved my statement about you was true so I figured he’d be ok with it. Anyway. I bet it doesn’t even bother him a bit. It only seems to get your panties in a wad, no one elses

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same response I got from him when I proved my statement about you was true so I figured he’d be ok with it. Anyway. I bet it doesn’t even bother him a bit. It only seems to get your panties in a wad, no one elses
Wrong again dummy. The entire forum thinks you're an asshole, that's why you got banned from here. You are fun as a punching bag though, so please stick around.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again dummy. The entire forum thinks you're an asshole, that's why you got banned from here. You are fun as a punching bag though, so please stick around.
Seems its only you and that one crazy guy that shits all over the game day forums. What is this fascination you have with banning? Would it destroy your life if you got banned from this place? You make it sound like it would be the end of the world. I try not to clown you, but you follow me around like a scorned woman, stalking me. I find it amusing, nothing more.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but if he made AA by the end of year he'd be in line for a cuppo next year in SF.

Kinda fun to hope for.
It is only 5 games but Eldridge is 8 for 17 so far with Eugene. That includes 1 double and 1 home run, along with 5 walks and 3 strikeouts. It is definitely a good start.