• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug baldwin calls out revis!!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or thats what nfl.coms poll of most memorable media day moments wants u to believe....

His quote when asked about revis island.....
"I'm going to bring my sunblock, my shades, and a hat and I'm going to go to Revis Island and see what I can do. And I'll let you know after the game," he said.

Thats calling him out???? No wonder lynch wont talk to the media......nothing more then the gossip rags at grocery store check out stands

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media asks carefully crafted questions all the time to bait players into giving them their sound bites. Angry Doug doesn't usually even need the bait, he just likes to go off. But this is yet one more reason why the media can kiss Marhawn's ass. He's on to them. He doesn't give a rip.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't calling ANYONE out. What's he supposed to say? "I have no chance against Revis?" Fucking stupid. And people actually believe the MSM and their sensationalism. What a joke.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to Sherman 3-4 days ago

When he answered questions about deflate-gate he said the NFL isn't going to do anything.

Next day...front page on Yahoo reads "Richard Sherman couldn't wait to take shots at the Patriots"

The media is not your friend. Their priority is the headline, not you. They will not hesitate to frame, misconstrue and take your words out of context to get people to click on their articles.

What a joke. And people actually side with "the media" on this subject with Marshawn.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he answered questions about deflate-gate he said the NFL isn't going to do anything.

Next day...front page on Yahoo reads "Richard Sherman couldn't wait to take shots at the Patriots"

The media is not your friend. Their priority is the headline, not you. They will not hesitate to frame, misconstrue and take your words out of context to get people to click on their articles.

What a joke. And people actually side with "the media" on this subject with Marshawn.

I actually agree with you on this. Even though I think Marshawn is thumbing his nose at the NFL; the NFL is in bed with the media. Hence the stupid rules that require them to speak. Fuck them and that bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Marshawn to say "You can't tell me what to say." It would speak directly to the media regarding taking things out of context and to the NFL owners/Player's Union regarding forcing media interaction.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Lynch's relationship with the media but seeing the way that statements are taken out of context or just completely misrepresented makes me see his side of things.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Lynch's relationship with the media but seeing the way that statements are taken out of context or just completely misrepresented makes me see his side of things.

Me too.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media asks carefully crafted questions all the time to bait players into giving them their sound bites. Angry Doug doesn't usually even need the bait, he just likes to go off. But this is yet one more reason why the media can kiss Marhawn's ass. He's on to them. He doesn't give a rip.

is this supposed to be some sort of revelation?

We all know how completely self serving the media can be. And all of the players in professional sports who get paid millions know it's a package deal. They all have signed on the dotted line knowing that dealing with the media is part of the game.

The only thing the media is doing right now is providing you with a convenient excuse for Lynch to act like an irresponsible child. And yea, I get you guys have to support your boy and all but I know most are probably fuming. The Pats had the monkey on their backs coming into media day with deflategate.

But now with Lynch and his antics he has really stolen the focus off the Pats. A focus the Pats were dying to get rid of.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Doug Baldwin?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that seems to be a pretty benign comment. no matter what team you are a fan of the media sucks!!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all know how completely self serving the media can be. And all of the players in professional sports who get paid millions know it's a package deal. They all have signed on the dotted line knowing that dealing with the media is part of the game.

The only thing the media is doing right now is providing you with a convenient excuse for Lynch to act like an irresponsible child. And yea, I get you guys have to support your boy and all but I know most are probably fuming. The Pats had the monkey on their backs coming into media day with deflategate.

But now with Lynch and his antics he has really stolen the focus off the Pats. A focus the Pats were dying to get rid of.

So let me get this straight. You agree that the media is bullshit, but you think its childish for a player to stand up to something that you agree is bullshit?

Btw, Lynch is going by the contract. He is showing up and answering all questions.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that he couldn't wait to take shots. He said quite a lot more than you're reporting in this post.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a minute.... I thought that the Pats were treating it as extra motivation and it was galvanizing the team in to an unbeatable force?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute.... I thought that the Pats were treating it as extra motivation and it was galvanizing the team in to an unbeatable force?

If whoever said that is not in public relations, they should be.

That or politics.