• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Double M , Double E

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope Jalen Ramsey doesn't turn into (a better) Troy Polamalu
To me, it isn't about passing on Ramsey. It's about the position they drafted in the top 5 and the recent history of drafting a player at this position in the top 5. You have to go back to 2001 the last time a HOF caliber RB was drafted in the top 5. In other words, its retarded to draft an RB in the top 5.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it isn't about passing on Ramsey. It's about the position they drafted in the top 5 and the recent history of drafting a player at this position in the top 5. You have to go back to 2001 the last time a HOF caliber RB was drafted in the top 5. In other words, its retarded to draft an RB in the top 5.

And let me play devils advocate for a minute here Earl
Why is it a bad pick if he was the highest player rated on their board ?
I'm not saying he is HOF RB but lets presume he is as advertised and burns up the field. I remember when we passed on Stephen Jackson and took that bozo from Notre Dame instead.

From everything I have read he is rated just under Todd Gurley talent wise and Gurley could easily have been the 1st pick or in the top 5 in last years draft without his injury .
Recent history does not mean dog squat IMHO if the player you want is the top rated on your board take him and move on.

I respect your opinion but on this 1 I fully disagree.

JMHO

Enjoy the rest of the draft :suds:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumors of cowboys going after the first pick today...

if they got connor cook..damn

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Elliot is the next one? I don't like the idea of having hard and fast rules about what position to draft in what round. If Elliot is in fact one of the 4-5 "blue chip prospects" in this draft, like most prognosticators were saying, then I don't have a problem with it. The guy is going to make a huge difference. I would have rather drafted a different position, too - but Elliot was not a bad pick.