• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Double M , Double E

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ramsey is going to be a very good player, but that ship has sailed. I would have been excited over most defensive players if they thought they were the best. But, Elliott is going to be good here. We have another pick coming soon and a bunch more. We will get help for the defense still

By the way, Why is it Jerry's pick if we don't like it and the scouts pick if we do?
Good question and one I was gonna ask too. Immediate word came out the defensive coaches supported this pick, because a ball controlled offense helps the D, plus if he can run the ball and block a blitzing LB keeping Romo upright it has to be a wise pick. Are we fat at RB, yes but every position outside OL was easy to upgrade.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question and one I was gonna ask too. Immediate word came out the defensive coaches supported this pick, because a ball controlled offense helps the D, plus if he can run the ball and block a blitzing LB keeping Romo upright it has to be a wise pick. Are we fat at RB, yes but every position outside OL was easy to upgrade.

We were top 5 (top3?) in time of possession last year, with no QB.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the pick at all. I just wonder what McFadden and Morris are gonna do.

I bet McFadden gets cut. Watch. And Dallas will probablty be doing him a favor, as he may be able to cash in on a multi-year deal based on last year's success.

Morris will be a model citizen and do what is asked of him.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now just imagine if we can protect Romo and have a QB. RB is more than just running the ball.

Well McFadden wasn't/isn't terrible in pass protection. Was Randle in the game on that play? Empty backfield?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong Ramsey was my first choice followed closely by Buckner and Elliott. The wanting one more than the other wasn't a wide margin, I'd have been happy with any of the three.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong Ramsey was my first choice followed closely by Buckner and Elliott. The want one more than the other wasn't a wide margin, I'd have been happy with any of the three.

I said before the draft I would have been happy with either of Ramsey, Hargreaves, or Buckner, and I wouldn't be upset with Elliot. Guess I can't be upset. I'm not. But Ramsey was there for the taking...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the draft I would have been happy with either of Ramsey, Hargreaves, or Buckner, and I wouldn't be upset with Elliot. Guess I can't be upset. I'm not. But Ramsey was there for the taking...
It's quite possible we fans liked Ramsey more than the team did. Elliott may very well been BPA and that's why they went that way. A blind squirrel know DL and DB were bigger needs. Overy these last few drafts I've come to trust the scouts and Stephen.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Gruden for some reason. Did you watch some of that tape on RAmsey. I'm sure there is bad tape on everyone but heck some of that was in the Semi final game.

Most say BPA is the way to go. I believe he was our #1 player

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Gruden for some reason. Did you watch some of that tape on RAmsey. I'm sure there is bad tape on everyone but heck some of that was in the Semi final game.

Me too....and I can live with it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet McFadden gets cut. Watch. And Dallas will probablty be doing him a favor, as he may be able to cash in on a multi-year deal based on last year's success.

Morris will be a model citizen and do what is asked of him.
I think Dunbar goes on IR and Morris will have a little of a specialty role because of the type of back he is, but I just don't know about McFadden. He won't be cut because his contract is very team friendly so getting some kind of a pick for him shouldn't be a problem. But he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have sitting on the bench when you also have a younger and more durable Morris if injury strikes. Kind of too many backs for one ball now. But, very excited to see what Elliott can do

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean Bad tape on Ramsey? I didn't see that. A lot of darn good tape on him too though!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About it being Jerry's pick/idea to draft Elliot
For the record. I'm not necessarily saying I disagree. Just that it's a little to common to attribute what we don't like to Jerry and what we do to the scouts. I wouldn't be surprised if the room was mostly Ramsey and Jerry made the call to go Zeke.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Bad tape on Ramsey? I didn't see that. A lot of darn good tape on him too though!!!

Yes. Gruden thought he was best at press Corner. Said hands were bad - which we knew. Said he had all the measureables, but he almost made it sound like he was a project.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheN there was the other analyst that thought the WV guy was the best DB in the draft- Joseph. He went to Raiders. Last week I thought there were no questions about RAmsey- meaning annual Pro Bowler. Hearing people talk last night, that wasn't the case.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TheN there was the other analyst that thought the WV guy was the best DB in the draft- Joseph. He went to Raiders. Last week I thought there were no questions about RAmsey- meaning annual Pro Bowler. Hearing people talk last night, that wasn't the case.
Like I said a few days ago there are question marks on EVERYONE. In this day and age there is just too much out there and someone will hold it against someone that he can't cook or something stupid like that

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said a few days ago there are question marks on EVERYONE. In this day and age there is just too much out there and someone will hold it against someone that he can't cook or something stupid like that

Two players had no questions. Really 3. 1. Zeke 2. Tunsill 3. Jack. Of course with the final 2 I'm only speaking on the field.

Dodd or Spence has to be the next pick right?