• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dontavia

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just curious...amidst all the brouhaha about Braylon's release and all the "OMFG EVERYBODY PANIC!!! WE NEED T.O. RIGHT NOW!!!!1!!" we have a WR on our roster who had an ACL injury back in July and has been on IR and rehabbing ever since. Anyone know his progress and/or status? imho if the 49ers weren't very high on Dontavia Bogan, he would've been cut a long time ago instead of Ronald Johnson and BE. Can we suit him up for the playoffs?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious...amidst all the brouhaha about Braylon's release and all the "OMFG EVERYBODY PANIC!!! WE NEED T.O. RIGHT NOW!!!!1!!" we have a WR on our roster who had an ACL injury back in July and has been on IR and rehabbing ever since. Anyone know his progress and/or status? imho if the 49ers weren't very high on Dontavia Bogan, he would've been cut a long time ago instead of Ronald Johnson and BE. Can we suit him up for the playoffs?

No, he is on IR

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OK, wasn't sure if IR applied to the playoffs as well. Still, for the 9ers to keep him on the roster must mean they expect big things from him.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, wasn't sure if IR applied to the playoffs as well. Still, for the 9ers to keep him on the roster must mean they expect big things from him.

He went down with a torn ACL before the exhibition season so we didn't get a very long look at him and being an UDFA he isn't costing much. Personally, I like what little I have seen, so I'm pulling for him - He will be my new Zeig for the 2012 season.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Do you see Dontavia Bogan (who was an undrafted FA, was injured in preseason and was on IR all year) being one of the answers to our WR woes? From the highlight vids I've seen he's got good hands and moves, and was accustomed to overcoming accuracy issues from his college qbs. All I can say is that the 49ers must see big things from him to keep him on the roster all year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MW come on down!

Haha MW seems high on him, and i agree if they kept him around they really like him or at least feel he deserves the chance to show what he can do. Root for the darkhorse WR!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MW come on down!

Haha MW seems high on him, and i agree if they kept him around they really like him or at least feel he deserves the chance to show what he can do. Root for the darkhorse WR!

Whoot!! Fury showin some love for my (new) man DB!!

Yes! I do like what I have seen from this kid and I am very intrigued. I was happy and not at all surprised that we kept this guy for his shot...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah, MW talked about some other WR.... forgot his name....

:)

My old flame was Zeigler - but if I am being honest, I like just about any of our WR's whoose names do not begin with a "C" and end with a "tree"...

That said, I am very intrigued with this kid Bogan and I can't wait to see if he can bring his reel to the field.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill
Ziegler
Bogan

Who will be next? haha im with ya though on rooting for darkhorse WR's. lol

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hill
Ziegler
Bogan

Who will be next? haha im with ya though on rooting for darkhorse WR's. lol

Yeah, I was a Hill fan as well. He was good on the field but apparently not so good in the locker room - Zeigler, because of his size, probably never had a legitimate shot, but he would catch anything in his zip code. I like Bogan's fundamental's and his intangibles, at least those that are apparent on his reel.

We'll see though, training camp opens in ~7 months!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dontavia's my boy! I threw that first clip up there for all to see. Intrigued miles by him over the other UDFA's last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old flame was Zeigler - but if I am being honest, I like just about any of our WR's whoose names do not begin with a "C" and end with a "tree"...

That said, I am very intrigued with this kid Bogan and I can't wait to see if he can bring his reel to the field.

I know, just messing wit YA!!!!!

Is there any WR you like in this draft class? outside of Blackmon.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was a Hill fan as well. He was good on the field but apparently not so good in the locker room - Zeigler, because of his size, probably never had a legitimate shot, but he would catch anything in his zip code. I like Bogan's fundamental's and his intangibles, at least those that are apparent on his reel.

You weren't the only one my friend... thought Hill was really good with us. Didn't know he had a locker room issue.... interesting.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You weren't the only one my friend... thought Hill was really good with us. Didn't know he had a locker room issue.... interesting.

I thought he was having a decent season with the Jags then suddenly - poof, he was gone. In my research to understand why, I remembered reading something about him being difficult in the locker room, but I certainly could be misremembering. Considering he wasn't re-signed with another team perhaps it was just performance based.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, if the Jags (who seriously need all the WR help they can get) waived Hill back in November when he was their #2 leading receiver, and no team's picked him up since, there must be some issues, locker room or elsewhere.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know, just messing wit YA!!!!!

Is there any WR you like in this draft class? outside of Blackmon.

I haven't even begun to do evals on this years class, I'll start those next month after the SB. That said, from a 30,000 foot level, I would say right now Floyd is my favorite.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never liked Hill. I remember a few years ago (maybe his rookie year) a ball was thrown to him and he didn't go after it at all. I just remember watching him thinking that he could have easily made a play on that. The same game Morgan goes and just takes a ball from a dude and gets a TD. That's how it should have been done.

I felt like Hill wasn't an aggressive receiver and all his work came in garbage time.