• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't screw this up!

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Haslett!! Shanahan is gone, I don't want to hear any more excuses. The Redskins defense was absolutely horrible, last year. Gruden is giving Haslett complete control over the defense. It's time for Haslett and his coaching staff to elevate their players. Hopefully, management has a back up plan, as it pertains to Haslett. If the defense plays as pathetic as they did, last year. I would pull the plug on Haslett, without hesitation. I realize there were injuries, but the fundamentals were horrible, last year. Thoughts?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Haslett!! Shanahan is gone, I don't want to hear any more excuses. The Redskins defense was absolutely horrible, last year. Gruden is giving Haslett complete control over the defense. It's time for Haslett and his coaching staff to elevate their players. Hopefully, management has a back up plan, as it pertains to Haslett. If the defense plays as pathetic as they did, last year. I would pull the plug on Haslett, without hesitation. I realize there were injuries, but the fundamentals were horrible, last year. Thoughts?

I agree to a point but with the exception of Hatcher, not sure we really upgraded the talent on the defense yet this year. Porter and Clark are both declining in terms of production. Its not clear to me that they are significant upgrades. Our ILB signings will help on STs, but none are proven starters. In any event, I do agree that Haslett has to prove that he can do better with the talent he has than last year. Our talent is not that bad, especially our DL and OLBs. I even kinda like our possibilities at CB with Hall and Amerson. Safety and ILB are still holes in my mind.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think special teams will be much improved. Hatcher was a good a good signing, but I'm with you. Safety and ILB are a must. I would also look for a young RT, in the draft. The Redskins haven't had a stud at RT, since Jansen.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same applies to Gruden, he has been given a fully loaded gun.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Gruden is new to this, as it pertains to being a head coach. Haslett was supposed to be this three four Guru, that I've yet to see. I would at the least like see better fundamentals from the players. No Redskins fan can be happy, with the that defensive display, last year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Gruden is new to this, as it pertains to being a head coach. Haslett was supposed to be this three four Guru, that I've yet to see. I would at the least like see better fundamentals from the players. No Redskins fan can be happy, with the that defensive display, last year.

If Gruden isn't up to it then they hired the wrong guy. The biggest piece of the pie was spent on offense so he better be up to it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasletts history suggests he will be avg at best . i didnt agree with retaining him but if he fails we fail so i will support him as much as i can :suds:

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad, I'm not a Haslett guy, but I'll support managements decision. I think Gruden is really counting on Haslett to get the defense up to par. I think many of us understand, It's a new offense and continuity will be key. That being said, the defense, along with special teams have to carry team, until the offense starts to click. RG3, Pierre, and De Sean's talent speaks for itself, but The offense still needs continuity, as is pertains to blocking schemes, route combinations, etc. That doesn't happen overnight. I hope to see a well oiled machine game one , but it wouldn't surprise me if it took four or five game, to fully grasp Grudens concept.