• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't do it. Don't hit the Panic button.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It's only been 11 games.
2. They've only played two teams.
3. We already knew they couldn't hit at Safeco Field and Oakland. Why expect something different this year? Don't pass judgement on their offense until you see what they can do in the hitter's parks.
4. Three weeeks from now their rotation will be: Felix, Iwakuma, Paxson, Walker and Young. That's probably the best rotation in the American League.
5. If you thought we had a playoff team because they swept the Angels in LA, you set yourself up for disappaointment. This was a 71-win team last year. 85 wins this year would be a 14 game improvement. 85 wins is their realistic ceiling. Right now they are on pace to win 88 games.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not panicking here, Oakland pitching staff is pretty damn good... as we already knew. That Sonny Gray kid was on Felix's level Saturday night, he would've shut down any team. I expect them to hit much better at Texas.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just came out of first 11 games against two teams that were supposed to be better then them at 6-5. They did it without Iwakuma, Walker and with pretty much no consistent hitting outside of Cano. If they can split this 4 gamer at Texas then they will be 8-7 which is huge and shouldn't be discounted.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, we may get to face Noesi in Texas at least once. That's a "W" no matter what.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, we may get to face Noesi in Texas at least once. That's a "W" no matter what.

What's up, 8? Staying out of trouble? How 'bout those Seahawkers?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't only been 11 games. It's been hundreds.

I'm not on the negative wagon yet, but there's no way that you can look at the season thus far without considering the context of the past decade.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, 8? Staying out of trouble? How 'bout those Seahawkers?

What's up Vortex, as in (what from CBS)?

Still in somewhat shock with the Hawks man! It's been a great offseason, but getting ready for the draft. I framed a copy of the Seattle Times from the day after, and seeing it in my office never gets old. It's a great time to be a Seattle sports fan, that is if these M's can become consistent.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not on the negative wagon yet, but there's no way that you can look at the season thus far without considering the context of the past decade.

Especially when you have the same players not preforming (Smoak, Saunders and their yearly project player like Morrison)

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when you have the same players not preforming (Smoak, Saunders and their yearly project player like Morrison)

I am for the most part anit Logan Morrison getting much playing time. I would honestly rather Romero get consistent AB's even against RH. Lets see what he has, running him out there twice a week isn't helping him or the team.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I hit that button last night especially after what happened to Joffrey! If you're a Game of Thrones fan you know, but that's all I'm going to say.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one promised that this season would present a quick fix.

That said, I'm confident that the new team president knows more about what to do about team performance than the last one. Armstrong couldn't have cared less as long as there were enough people attending the home games.

If the new guy cares even the least about how we play, it's an improvement all the same.

Are the losses disappointing? Yes, especially when we get fewer hits than certain '80s bands...(trust me, the bands I liked back then were NOT as popular in the US)...but we are early still in the season, so let's see what happens in the long run before we comedically shout "HEEEEEERE WE GO AGAIN!"

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's that button, thanks for locating it, Brad :L

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one promised that this season would present a quick fix.

That said, I'm confident that the new team president knows more about what to do about team performance than the last one. Armstrong couldn't have cared less as long as there were enough people attending the home games.

If the new guy cares even the least about how we play, it's an improvement all the same.

Are the losses disappointing? Yes, especially when we get fewer hits than certain '80s bands...(trust me, the bands I liked back then were NOT as popular in the US)...but we are early still in the season, so let's see what happens in the long run before we comedically shout "HEEEEEERE WE GO AGAIN!"

Okay, aside from the "quick fix" thing at the beginning, forget what I said.

:L HEEEEERE WE GO AGAIN!