• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins sign Ryan Tannehill to contract extension through 2020

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hate from me. Tannehill is an accurate QB with very good mid range and short range passes. He also has above avg athleticism, toughness, & he knows the offense. Having such a good group of WR's will help his down field accuracy. He often had to throw perfect passes to get a completion with Wallace. Parker is totally different with how he adjusts to the ball in the air and his catch radius. Stills is an explosive WR who gets a lot of yards after the catch. Cameron can stretch the field & we all know what Landry can do as a reliable WR. Jennings is a solid veteran presence. My first thought with the signing was that Tannehill probably feels real lucky to have the group of receivers that he is working with. Tannehill has Bill Lazor as a coach & he knows how to coach to Tannehill's strengths. The Fins need stability at QB to have a chance at winning the division & the extension will give the team that.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with this he's a good young improving QB. He just needs some oline support and he'll be fine. I expect him to improve every season with the young WR's on the team...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill definitely earned it. Solid QB and still has a lot of room to grow. Keep stacking the right chips around him and this team is going to flourish.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with this he's a good young improving QB. He just needs some oline support and he'll be fine. I expect him to improve every season with the young WR's on the team...

Good point, Tannehill has gotten better every year. I didn't expect him to play like a seasoned QB on his first few years. He was the top WR at Texas A & M before he switched positions. He had the strong arm early on but has needed practice. He used to throw across the field passes with a lot on them in college. Putting good touch on the ball with his downfield passes is his last step to becoming a complete NFL QB. (potentially even elite) The Fins can win with him now if they play to his strengths. Last year he had two close losses against elite QB's: Rodgers & Manning. He has beaten Brady and the Pats for one of the games between the teams for the last two years. This could be the year the Fins beat the Pats twice in the regular season. This year the Fins will be a much better team overall. (A better defense & a power running game when the team needs it) Tannehill will have an open WR(s) often because there is too much collective group talent for a defense to just focus on one or even two players. If LT Albert is healthy by the start of the season then the only uncertainty with the offense are those two guard spots. The Fins have brought in a lot of guys to compete & if the coaches can solidify the oline then the sky is the limit for the Fins' offense.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FaCe-LeE-uS, Agreed RE Tannehill's development and potential. On a different note: It will be interesting to see how the Steelers play against the Pats. When I watch the Steelers vs Ravens games it is usually one of the most physical games of the year. (like a rival game between LSU and Bama in the SEC) The Steelers need to bring that mentality to Foxborough. They need to play like the Pats just stole their lunch money to have a chance to win. The Pats have been nearly unbeatable at home but I think your team has a chance. The Steelers need a RB to step up with L Bell out of the game. The Pats will probably double cover your top WR Brown & make another WR beat them. It's a long time to the regular season but I'm already looking forward to the opening game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FaCe-LeE-uS, Agreed RE Tannehill's development and potential. On a different note: It will be interesting to see how the Steelers play against the Pats. When I watch the Steelers vs Ravens games it is usually one of the most physical games of the year. (like a rival game between LSU and Bama in the SEC) The Steelers need to bring that mentality to Foxborough. They need to play like the Pats just stole their lunch money to have a chance to win. The Pats have been nearly unbeatable at home but I think your team has a chance. The Steelers need a RB to step up with L Bell out of the game. The Pats will probably double cover your top WR Brown & make another WR beat them. It's a long time to the regular season but I'm already looking forward to the opening game.
Steelers have a pretty sizeable advantage on paper... But its tough to win in Foxborough regardless. Helps that Brady won't be playing. Both starting RBs are suspended (Bell & Blount) so that negates. The thing I like most about the matchup is the Pats had an incredible amount of roster turnover in their secondary, and I think the Steelers have crap ton of firepower on offense. Defenses are pretty average so this one is going to boil down to the offenses. Hard not to like the Steelers' chances.

D'Angelo Williams is more than capable of filling in for Bell. And a lot of people don't know much about Josh Harris, but he is not one to be overlooked. He's built like a freight train and runs 4.4's. Double covering Brown is what the Steelers want. Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates, and Heath Miller will feast on them if they do.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pressure on QB's is what the Pats will hang their hat on. They no longer have Revis to shut down teams' best receiver. Brandon Browner is a also a loss to them but to a lesser extent. The Pats picked Malcolm Brown & he can be disruptive along with their other Dlinemen and blitzing LB's. If an Oline has a good game against them though, the Pats should be vulnerable in their secondary.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been begging Dolphin's fans since Ross' arrival to stick with him. He is the owner that you've been longing for. An owner with a fat wallet and a pure love for the team he owns. Becoming a billionaire is easy for people like Ross. Becoming an owner of an NFL team doesn't come as easy to people like him. He needed to learn his part and which parts to delegate out to others. Then he had to find the proper others. He's now done that and has done a masterful job of it. He's rebuilding a team, a front office and a stadium, all at the same time, out of the same wallet.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GenJac, I agree with your statements about Ross. He deserves a lot of credit for what he has done and is doing for the Fins, for S. FL and for the league. I hope that he gets his wish and Miami gets to host a Superbowl. The renovated stadium will be something special. Also, the Fins are an ever improving team that looks to be ready to rise above mediocrity. Ross has made good decisions about who he has added to pick and sign top talent. Hickey has been good and Tannebaum played a part in the best draft the Fins have had in years. I like B Lazor as an OC a lot. I'm rooting for Philbin but he will need to prove he's up for the task. I have to give credit to Aponte also for her work with making the salary cap numbers work.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I passed around credit in addition to Ross. There are many other contributors that could be named and one of them is Assistant GM Eric Stokes. He's been very involved in the Fins off-season and I think he's making a positive impact too.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently THills contract saves 5 M next year when Suhs peaks...definitely smart planning and what we expected to happen. They are definitely progressing nicely skies the limit moving forward...