• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins @ Patriots discussion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`Lamar Miller may have been able to run against the Titans and Texans. Chris Ivory had 312 yards rushing in the two games before the Patriots. The Pats defense is not a turnstile. Ivory only had 41 yards on 17 carries for a 2.4 yds per carry. Today fudged up his 5.6 yard per carry average.

This Patriots defense is much different than the past, it's very big, very strong, very fast. This group can rush and pressure the QB as well as sack. The secondary is not big or great, but they have not been burned by the long ball.

Tannehill better bring his A+ game.

You guys are lucky this year. You get to come to New England in the temperate season rather than the winter. It'll be a rainy balmy Thursday temps up in the mid 40s to lower 50's. Real football weather.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm checking out, but I will leave you with this thought.

It is going to be a tough division game between the two teams that in my opinion hate each other more that any other divisional rivalry in the ASFCE.

Obviously I meant AFCE :noidea:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`Lamar Miller may have been able to run against the Titans and Texans. Chris Ivory had 312 yards rushing in the two games before the Patriots. The Pats defense is not a turnstile. Ivory only had 41 yards on 17 carries for a 2.4 yds per carry. Today fudged up his 5.6 yard per carry average.

This Patriots defense is much different than the past, it's very big, very strong, very fast. This group can rush and pressure the QB as well as sack. The secondary is not big or great, but they have not been burned by the long ball.

You guys are lucky this year. You get to come to New England in the temperate season rather than the winter. It'll be a rainy balmy Thursday temps up in the mid 40s to lower 50's. Real football weather.

Well 25 straight completions says he's definitely playing like an A+ right now. I'd argue that the Dolphins' offense is more dangerous than the Jets'. I'm so pumped for this game. Going to be awesome.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Dolphins win this game on Thursday, you'd have to say we're pretty damn relevant.
Not really. I'd say you're team is 4-3 with 2 division losses already and still looking up at the division leading Pats. No, not relevant.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I'd say you're team is 4-3 with 2 division losses already and still looking up at the division leading Pats. No, not relevant.

Beating an undefeated team on the road, and moving to 3-0 under a new interim coach. I'd say they'd be relevant in the playoff race. I'm not saying they'll win the division. No way in hell. Honestly, I'll be insanely happy if this team makes it to 8 wins at this point. That would be overachieving considering the start we had. And I know we were expecting more. Even in the preseason, I said 10 wins max.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texans and Titans D isn't chopped liver either but they will have to run the ball no doubt but Campbell is at least committed.

Tanny is also better than Fitzpatrick especially if he gets run support.

Work both ways Miami is cooler when the pats come this year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the playoffs you never know but it may be too late. But if they do beating the pats along the way would you feel that confident in a playoff match up?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the playoffs you never know but it may be too late. But if they do beating the pats along the way would you feel that confident in a playoff match up?

Definitely not too late in the AFC. The wildcard race is always fun. A 4-3 team has a very great chance at the wildcard.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not too late in the AFC. The wildcard race is always fun. A 4-3 team has a very great chance at the wildcard.
Agreed but not easy although it was nice to see steelers bills and jets lose today. Anything is possible we'll know more in the next three weeks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I feel confident, the Pats will be at home likely, middle of winter, with playoff expirence out the kazoo. For you Phin fans just try and get to .500 at the end of the year then we can dicuss your visions of grander

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating an undefeated team on the road, and moving to 3-0 under a new interim coach. I'd say they'd be relevant in the playoff race. I'm not saying they'll win the division. No way in hell. Honestly, I'll be insanely happy if this team makes it to 8 wins at this point. That would be overachieving considering the start we had. And I know we were expecting more. Even in the preseason, I said 10 wins max.
One win, no matter how great does not equate to relevance. Sorry.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I feel confident, the Pats will be at home likely, middle of winter, with playoff expirence out the kazoo. For you Phin fans just try and get to .500 at the end of the year then we can dicuss your visions of grander
It was a what if question Larry...I know that I'd be a little concerned if I had just lost twice to a team entering a playoff game. Home or away...

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continue to set the bar high

The Dolphins are only one game out of the wildcard as of right now? Not really setting the bar high. The AFC wildcard is wide damn open this year. Might be a pretty average team there this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins are only one game out of the wildcard as of right now? Not really setting the bar high. The AFC wildcard is wide damn open this year. Might be a pretty average team there this year.
I was being sarcastic. Good luck on your WC quest. You are correct too many AFC teams having other than stellar years.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. Good luck on your WC quest. You are correct too many AFC teams having other than stellar years.

That was honestly all I was hoping for this season was a possible wildcard berth. Might be a contender next season.