• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins @ Patriots discussion.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have the "greater record." I'll keep the hardware and the actual record for only unbeaten season.

...and that's fine. What if 72 was a strike season and their undefeated season was based upon 6 games. Would that be the same? Of course not so 2 more games required to "equal" their record is significant by that degree of games.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins fans talking smack after beating on the Titans and the Texans. Pretty funny.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) They lost, they did not choke. It was not a rout.
2) Yes, very proud of the undefeated season.

It's significant that they didn't win the whole thing but that loss did not thoroughly nullify the entire season in fact. It did in a neener neener they lost and I'm plugging my ears kind of way but as for a factual accomplishment, the Pats did something quite significant. The Dolphins didn't face the same challenge.

Whoa whoa whoa. So you're saying, losing the Super Bowl, they still had some great accomplishments? So if we use that argument...We can also say that if we're not counting the Super Bowl accomplishments that Peyton is better than Brady...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have the "greater record." I'll keep the hardware and the actual record for only unbeaten season.

Not to quibble with the Dolphin's success, but there is no hardware for the undefeated season. They got a Lombardi Trophy for winning the SB and an asterisk for not having to beat any decent teams to get it :noidea:

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins fans talking smack after beating on the Titans and the Texans. Pretty funny.

What do you expect us to do? Not enjoy the team playing better? I'm not saying we're a good team. I never said that anywhere. All I'm saying is I have a gut feeling that we will upset the Patriots.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa. So you're saying, losing the Super Bowl, they still had some great accomplishments? So if we use that argument...We can also say that if we're not counting the Super Bowl accomplishments that Peyton is better than Brady...
What we can say is I visited a museum the other day. I located the Dolphins last trophy.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck, where did that tangent come from? Are you a chick?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) They lost, they did not choke. It was not a rout.
2) Yes, very proud of the undefeated season.

It's significant that they didn't win the whole thing but that loss did not thoroughly nullify the entire season in fact. It did in a neener neener they lost and I'm plugging my ears kind of way but as for a factual accomplishment, the Pats did something quite significant. The Dolphins didn't face the same challenge.
Heavy favorites+lost=choke

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to quibble with the Dolphin's success, but there is no hardware for the undefeated season. They got a Lombardi Trophy for winning the SB and an asterisk for not having to beat any decent teams to get it :noidea:

The Lombardi is the hardware for that. That's what I meant. And honestly, I don't give two shits if you put an asterisk next to their accomplishment. It doesn't change the fact that it actually stands and doesn't have a true asterisk.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have that. I can't argue that.

Just bustin chops Jake :suds:

Pats played poorly on O today and I hope they can clean that up a bit. Even though Fitzpatrick played out of his mind today NE still held him to 20 pts with the bend, but don't break D. I expect to see Miami try to get Tannehill to use his legs a lot on Thursday to see if he can beat the NE pass rush.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you expect us to do? Not enjoy the team playing better? I'm not saying we're a good team. I never said that anywhere. All I'm saying is I have a gut feeling that we will upset the Patriots.

That's your heart speaking rather than your head bro. But cheers, the Phins will be relevant one more week. Enjoy.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats played poorly on O today and I hope they can clean that up a bit. Even though Fitzpatrick played out of his mind today NE still held him to 20 pts with the bend, but don't break D. I expect to see Miami try to get Tannehill to use his legs a lot on Thursday to see if he can beat the NE pass rush.

That's possible. Though I expect a heavy dose of Lamar Miller. That's the only way we're going to have a chance to win. Can't beat the Patriots just throwing the ball everywhere. Got to control the clock and give your defense some rest so they can actually have a fighter's chance against Brady.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lombardi is the hardware for that. That's what I meant. And honestly, I don't give two shits if you put an asterisk next to their accomplishment. It doesn't change the fact that it actually stands and doesn't have a true asterisk.

fe0d243a-6b59-11e3-_495334b.jpg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they are also doing a better job running the ball which helps.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm checking out, but I will leave you with this thought.

It is going to be a tough division game between the two teams that in my opinion hate each other more that any other divisional rivalry in the ASFCE.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm checking out, but I will leave you with this thought.

It is going to be a tough division game between the two teams that in my opinion hate each other more that any other divisional rivalry in the ASFCE.
It should be a good one I agree on that. Hopefully no BS.

Personally there is no other sports team that I hate more than the Jets though...