• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins @ Patriots discussion.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's in general get special treatment.

How about Gronk being mugged regularly and rarely getting a PI call to his benefit because he's a giant compared to most defenders? You're OK with that though right:thumb:
Gronk getting mugged? Did you just read what you typed and whined about. Yeah ok 5'9 grimes raped him and took his wallet while he was at it....fuuuuuuuuck.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk getting mugged? Did you just read what you typed and whined about. Yeah ok 5'9 grimes raped him and took his wallet while he was at it....fuuuuuuuuck.

I didin't whine about it at all, just pointing out that it's part of the game. QB's get extra treatment by the officials, and officials tend to not call PI which benefit bigger players.

Last I checked it's still PI to grab a receievers arm to prevent him from making a catch. It happens to Gronk on a regular basis and it's over looked by the refs due to his size.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are too fucking good. Frustrating as hell to watch him dink and to Edelman and the rest. Brady and pats have really found a way to exploit today's pathetic insidious rules that favor virtually everything towards offenses (passing).

Have to give them credit.

The Pats are good...watching the 1st half of that one last night pretty much confirmed my thoughts here.

Pats game plan very well against what you've been successful with on tape...if you don't change it up a little, you're not going to out execute them for 60 mins. IMO...they have avg CBs, pass rush...per the old Parcells/BB days...the LBs are very good.

The Dolphins stretch running play was worthless last night, but they seem to panic after the safety...lost all balance after that...Tannehill is not going to win on the road too many times airing out 40+ times.

You don't break the bank on DT FAs...yeah Suh does create 1 on 1, but the Pats basically took him out of the game...if the play was to his side, he was doubled, if it wasn't they would single him...made a non factor.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are good...watching the 1st half of that one last night pretty much confirmed my thoughts here.

Pats game plan very well against what you've been successful with on tape...if you don't change it up a little, you're not going to out execute them for 60 mins. IMO...they have avg CBs, pass rush...per the old Parcells/BB days...the LBs are very good.

The Dolphins stretch running play was worthless last night, but they seem to panic after the safety...lost all balance after that...Tannehill is not going to win on the road too many times airing out 40+ times.

You don't break the bank on DT FAs...yeah Suh does create 1 on 1, but the Pats basically took him out of the game...if the play was to his side, he was doubled, if it wasn't they would single him...made a non factor.

I think Butler is going to be a keeper. And Suh who?

And if anybody expects NE to do what they did last time out on either side of the ball they will be surprised.

I think their pass rush is almost as good as anybody's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Butler is going to be a keeper. And Suh who?

And if anybody expects NE to do what they did last time out on either side of the ball they will be surprised.

I think their pass rush is almost as good as anybody's.

Suh is actually doing his job and doing it pretty well, but it's a hard hat, no guts, no glory position...you just don't pay that position $100 mil

Pass rush...I didn't say they were bad....average at best imo.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is actually doing his job and doing it pretty well, but it's a hard hat, no guts, no glory position...you just don't pay that position $100 mil

Jones is leading the league in sacks. Hightower is up there too. And Sheard is contibuting when he plays.

Way better than average.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know man he was pushing the pocket into brady most of the night which is what you need against him. He just steps up with an outside rush so that's key t not give him that lane. The D did their job but got 0 support from the offense or it would have been closer in the second half. How many times did they get the pats offense of the field quickly in the first half which you normally don't see...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man he was pushing the pocket into brady most of the night which is what you need against him. He just steps up with an outside rush so that's key t not give him that lane. The D did their job but got 0 support from the offense or it would have been closer in the second half. How many times did they get the pats offense of the field quickly in the first half which you normally don't see...
.....we'll see ya's again in January.......for another "ass-kickin",....!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you finding the positives in pushing the pocket. I agree that's what needs to happen. However, unlike when Wilfork was doing it for the Pats the rest of the D wasn't giving up 4 TDs, 350+ yards no TOs...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you finding the positives in pushing the pocket. I agree that's what needs to happen. However, unlike when Wilfork was doing it for the Pats the rest of the D wasn't giving up 4 TDs, 350+ yards no TOs...
A lot of that came after the game had slipped away. Again I don't put this loss on Suh or their D it was the offense for being so inept...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of that came after the game had slipped away. Again I don't put this loss on Suh or their D it was the offense for being so inept...
A lot if what came after the game slipped away, the 4 TDs? The game slipped away when the Phins boarded that flight to Boston. Pats
Are one of the best if not the best teams at making 2nd half adjustments. Phins are still (potentially) a couple years away from being relevant.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot if what came after the game slipped away, the 4 TDs? The game slipped away when the Phins boarded that flight to Boston. Pats
Are one of the best if not the best teams at making 2nd half adjustments. Phins are still (potentially) a couple years away from being relevant.
......and.......a couple more = H-coach's, Qb's, GM's ============away too from being "potential",...!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

60 min game though...I'm a Suh guy...he can play for my team...if you have a very good player on the edge...you can make teams pay for the dbl...but, with his cap hit, it's tough to keep a top shelf DE next to him.