• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins game notes

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to someone else's comparison, not making one myself.

How much of James have you seen that you're comfortable commenting on his abilities?

Exactly. He has hardly forced his way into the lineup. We have seen nothing yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the fans on this forum there will be a new backup next season.

Defeinitely he won't be back next year. I'm talking about a backup for this season if needed. If he does come in as a backup though he will probably be more like the old Alex Smith who lacked confidence. The swagger will be gone but I think he could still do the job.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general experience of running QBs is that they have a good first season. The injuries and concussions only start in the next season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general experience of running QBs is that they have a good first season. The injuries and concussions only start in the next season.

Kinda like how Alex Smith just had a concussion?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins was in his jersey in the stl game too.... until we see him on the field, i believe it when i see it.... pffff

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina defensive end Greg Hardy said Wednesday the struggling Panthers are a "better team" than Atlanta.

Yes, better than the Falcons, who have clinched the NFC South division title and have the NFC's best record at 11-1. The Panthers, meanwhile, are coming off a loss to Kansas City, which had won only one game this season before Sunday.

When asked if he meant the Panthers were the better team on Sept. 30 when they lost 30-28 at Atlanta or better overall, Hardy replied, "Both."

Hardy, now a full-time starter in his third season with the Panthers, said he's not a big fan of the team's Interstate-85 rivals, calling the Falcons "a little cocky."

"I feel like they're not respectful," Hardy said.

Hardy is among several Carolina defensive players who felt disrespected by Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan after television cameras caught him cursing as he shouted get off our field toward the Panthers sidelines in the final seconds of Atlanta's Week 4 win at the Georgia Dome.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do we really want Aldon to break Strahan's record? It may not matter too much because Aldon is going to get paid regardless, but putting "most sacks in a season" on his resume is going to give him a lot of ammunition when it comes to contract talks.

Good point. A half a sack shy would be good enough. Strahan's last sack that season was BS anyway.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do we really want Aldon to break Strahan's record? It may not matter too much because Aldon is going to get paid regardless, but putting "most sacks in a season" on his resume is going to give him a lot of ammunition when it comes to contract talks.

if it leads to us winning now, yes, break the record.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aldon's contract runs through 2014. Thus, we want him to obliterate Strahan's sack record this year, then his own record the following two years!