• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

Dolphins Joe Philbin on Alex Smith's FA visit: "We had a great visit and we’ll leave it at that. Any relationship takes two sides to tango"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As for James, I've heard nothing but bad things about his ability to hit a hole and his ability to pick up a blitzer. I'll be shocked if we get anything out of him other than a "Darren Sproules" type uasge.

When healthy, and used appropriately, don't you think Sproles is one of the most dangerous players in the league? You make it sound like a bad thing, which I can't understand. I hold my breath every time he's in space.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, and used appropriately, don't you think Sproles is one of the most dangerous players in the league? You make it sound like a bad thing, which I can't understand. I hold my breath every time he's in space.

Yes, at what he does in a limited role. But if the 49ers can't figure out a way to get the ball to Vernon Davis, what makes you think they can come up with a way to get the ball to James? This staff has not shown any ingenuity on offense since mid way through the 2011 season. Now, they run a variation of about 5 plays and that's it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Kaepernick. That's a good way to slow down the rush. The worst thing that ever happened to Steve Young was the 49er edict not to run.

As for James, I've heard nothing but bad things about his ability to hit a hole and his ability to pick up a blitzer. I'll be shocked if we get anything out of him other than a "Darren Sproules" type uasge.

Exposing Kap on the run risks injury with every hit. One of the reasons I hate that read option. Another being it gets zilch on yards.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers Kaepernick on stories of tattoos & birth mom: 'It's not a problem for me. I don't read any of that stuff. I'm here for football."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposing Kap on the run risks injury with every hit. One of the reasons I hate that read option. Another being it gets zilch on yards.

At least they know they have a capable backup if he does get hurt. But if you take away the threat of the run with Kaepernick, you take away a big part of his effectiveness.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they know they have a capable backup if he does get hurt. But if you take away the threat of the run with Kaepernick, you take away a big part of his effectiveness.

Well i don't mind him running if the play breaks down and/or he sees an easy pickup for the first or TD.

It's the designed runs or read options that scare me and haven't seen many positive plays made from them. Heck that pitch(vs stl) may have been a qb read cause there was a DL in his face not biting on the handoff to the running back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree totally with making him run more - he seems to run at opportune times (just stay in bounds). The risk of being out can effect the whole game, just ask Alex. Kaep played well under the circumstances in the tie, but we were picking things up on offense with Smith and it took awhile for Kaep to get going. With Smith as a reliever there wouldn't be that big of a response time as it was for Kaep to replace Smith, since he has experience, but if Kaep's the man, risking injury any more than they already do is not worth it. He's a smart runner who just needs to hold on the ball better.

Although with a coach like Harbaugh it would be mitigated a bit, once you start running and have some success, if it's a shortcut, you might start giving up too early on plays, not sticking in the pocket, audibling into runs too often, etc. It becomes a crutch or a habit. So I trust Harbaugh to use it opportunely - opponents have to respect it every play regardless of how often you use it. It's potential over actual and if they cheat - we got them. Effectiveness can be increased there.

Yes, we do have a capable backup - no matter what happens - benching, poor play, great play, etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Inman:

49ers Kaepernick on stories of tattoos & birth mom: 'It's not a problem for me. I don't read any of that stuff. I'm here for football."

I like this answer because it is about professional focus and it's none of our business. I think his bio-mom's desire, if genuine, is great - but it's bad for her bio-son to make it so public. She should have declined all interviews, as much as I or anyone else wanted to know. Gain his trust by not speaking publicly and respecting his decision. If you meet him this way, you feel great about it and yourself. If you never meet him face to face again, you can feel good about yourself.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Theres absolutely nothing to suggest he has anything near Sproles skills

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i don't mind him running if the play breaks down and/or he sees an easy pickup for the first or TD.

It's the designed runs or read options that scare me and haven't seen many positive plays made from them. Heck that pitch(vs stl) may have been a qb read cause there was a DL in his face not biting on the handoff to the running back.

Harbaugh made sure that everyone knows it was the OC called the play

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Theres absolutely nothing to suggest he has anything near Sproles skills

I was responding to someone else's comparison, not making one myself.

How much of James have you seen that you're comfortable commenting on his abilities?

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they know they have a capable backup if he does get hurt.

According to the fans on this forum there will be a new backup next season.