• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does your O line suck?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sucked so far, and is decimated by injuries.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

To expand on that, the big problem I see with the perennial top 10 drafting teams...is not so much lack of systems, but a disconnect between the FO and HC...if you're constantly changing over HC, there's no way you can draft around a system, because the system is always changing...you end up with a lot high draft picks that may or may not be ideal for the system and a good HC will adapt to what he has, but typically not with great results...3 yrs later, new HC, repeat cycle.

OL can get over looked in lieu of sexy pieces but at some point you have to invest in your OL...ideally via the draft.
It's why I wasn't bent out of shape like many when the Bengals went back to back this year with OT/OL picks in the 1st and 2nd round. They have enough pieces in place already, and with need coming up along the OL due to contracts and age, it was a smart move for a team that didn't have a glaring issue heading into the draft.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down, you got angrier and angrier as your post went on.

Do I think the best quarterback in the league would be good if he wasn't in GB? Yeah probably. Did he benefit from sitting a few years? Yeah sure, but could he NOT of handled starting right away? Im not willing to say that.

But again, my point was to the gb fan, that was talking grab to the teams that "dont have a system" Or a GM that knows what he's doing, how incredibly lucky GB is
First of all, I'm not mad, only pointing out to you that I believe things would've been different if Rodgers was put into Smith's situation. Also that 20 other teams passed on him...so maybe, just maybe those teams that are usually drafting early are doing so because they're mismanaged.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I wasn't bent out of shape like many when the Bengals went back to back this year with OT/OL picks in the 1st and 2nd round. They have enough pieces in place already, and with need coming up along the OL due to contracts and age, it was a smart move for a team that didn't have a glaring issue heading into the draft.

Yep...when you can pluck OL in a BPA situation in the 1st round...it's a no lose situation...that said, I did question CLE taking Erving to sit behind Mack ( I think he's backup OG or something) when they really needed a WR.

Even though the coordinators are different...this may be the season that patience pays off with Lewis.

justsayin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I'm not mad, only pointing out to you that I believe things would've been different if Rodgers was put into Smith's situation. Also that 20 other teams passed on him...so maybe, just maybe those teams that are usually drafting early are doing so because they're mismanaged.

Ok gotcha, two thirds of the league are mismanaged. Check.

Theres no right or wrong way to do anything in this league. Did Seattle do it wrong by starting Wilson his rookie year? Did Indy do it wrong by starting peyton and then luck immediately?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...when you can pluck OL in a BPA situation in the 1st round...it's a no lose situation...that said, I did question CLE taking Erving to sit behind Mack ( I think he's backup OG or something) when they really needed a WR.

Even though the coordinators are different...this may be the season that patience pays off with Lewis.
Yeah, but with Cleveland they had a lot of positions that needed real upgrades. The Bengals really didn't, shockingly, and the one position everyone was crying about (QB) was never going to be considered.

We'll see with this team. Dalton looks different, but having a full compliment of players around him has been a huge addition he's not really had. Has he really made a jump, or is the talent around him so vast that it's caused his play to jump? Maybe a bit of both, but only time will tell. Long season, and the key will be to see how he responds when bumps in the road hit. So far so good, but a good stretch of teams coming up will put this team to the test.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but with Cleveland they had a lot of positions that needed real upgrades. The Bengals really didn't, shockingly, and the one position everyone was crying about (QB) was never going to be considered.

We'll see with this team. Dalton looks different, but having a full compliment of players around him has been a huge addition he's not really had. Has he really made a jump, or is the talent around him so vast that it's caused his play to jump? Maybe a bit of both, but only time will tell. Long season, and the key will be to see how he responds when bumps in the road hit. So far so good, but a good stretch of teams coming up will put this team to the test.

4-0 is great I know, but I'm sure most CIN fans are guarded and would like to fast forward to JAN with no major injuries to see just how far this team has come.

In the interim...you're right...lot of games to play with a good test coming this week...I think the Bengals will beat SEA this week, and I didn't pick this way, but my gut tells me SD beats PIT....so, I'm just hoping our week 8 match up still has meaning!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady is 1 2 gone makes up for a sorry line . let him hold the ball and get punished . i would pay to watch him take a beating .

That is pretty kinky teddy, didn't know you were into that kind of action.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok gotcha, two thirds of the league are mismanaged. Check.

Theres no right or wrong way to do anything in this league. Did Seattle do it wrong by starting Wilson his rookie year? Did Indy do it wrong by starting peyton and then luck immediately?
Did I post either of those things? I didn't, what I posted was that because Rodgers changed his throwing mechanics he needed some time and many teams draft at the top of the draft consistently because they're mismanaged. I didn't post most, 2/3rds or anything else...nor did I state Manning and Luck shouldn't have started as rookies...you don't have to read anything into those posts, just what they state

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope no problems in GB the O line is one of the best in the league. Right tackle Bulaga is out for a few weeks yet so have not been at full strength for the last 3 weeks but will be soon. The good thing is that there is team depth and if an injury does arise it will not cause a significant drop in talent. Rodgers has been sacked 6 times in 4 games so not that bad being 7th in QB sacks for QBs that have played a full 4 games

They looked terrible last week with 4 sacks allowed and 6 penalties. I think they're overall a top ten offensive line but need to cut down the penalties.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked terrible last week with 4 sacks allowed and 6 penalties. I think they're overall a top ten offensive line but need to cut down the penalties.
They need Bulaga back and Bahktari (sp) needs to clean it up a bit...but this week will be a huge test for them. The Rams DL is as good as it gets...so they will need to have their shit together Sunday...or it will be a very long day for Rodgers and the rest of the O

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have had the worst O line in the league going on 4 years in a row now. Can't run the ball. Can't protect the QB. Just overall horrible no matter what way you look at it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with how this season has gone it might be easier to find the OL's that have been good so far than bad. I would say maybe 5-6 teams can boast a pretty darn good OL. Beyond that everybody has seemed to struggle at different times.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how any team can blame their shitty QB play on their OL.

....except the Patriots.

Geezer, your QB is average. Russel Dilfer.

I know man.... the Pats are so victimized.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man.... the Pats are so victimized.

Did anyone jump geezer's shit for blaming Wilson's play on his offensive line?

Did I say the Pats are victimized?

Can you read?

...just a few questions for you to consider.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch of bleeding vaginas in this thread. Damn.

th?&id=OIP.M2fbe72dfe6d7392ae5f9073631eeadcbo0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly with how this season has gone it might be easier to find the OL's that have been good so far than bad. I would say maybe 5-6 teams can boast a pretty darn good OL. Beyond that everybody has seemed to struggle at different times.
As has been covered on many threads, a great many of these OL prospects are for, whatever reason in particular, not really as ready as maybe some of their earlier predecessors. Best we can really do is make a comparative analysis between teams. The OL play across the league really is abysmal. What's probably the most frustrating is that this looks more like a leaguewide development problem than a talent one, necessarily. It should be very interesting to see how teams come up with solutions to tackle the hurdle the incoming OL talent has had a hell of time overcoming.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been covered on many threads, a great many of these OL prospects are for, whatever reason in particular, not really as ready as maybe some of their earlier predecessors. Best we can really do is make a comparative analysis between teams. The OL play across the league really is abysmal. What's probably the most frustrating is that this looks more like a leaguewide development problem than a talent one, necessarily. It should be very interesting to see how teams come up with solutions to tackle the hurdle the incoming OL talent has had a hell of time overcoming.

This is where a developmental league would be huge for the NFL. QB and OL are the two positions that I see would benefit from this the most. Game time experience in NFL style offenses. The other idea that I see teams starting to do is take late round flyers on DL players that are right in that 300 range that have decent to good athleticism. They are then spending a few years developing them on the practice squad converting them to OL players. I've now seen a few teams trying to do this. Hasn't amounted to great success but it does seem to be something teams are willing to try and see if they can get a great player to come out of it.