• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does your O line suck?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how any team can blame their shitty QB play on their OL.

....except the Patriots.

Geezer, your QB is average. Russel Dilfer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To try to maintain a competitive balance the NFL has many ideas in place, salary cap, draft slotting, free agency, and other things so the rich don't get too rich and the poor don't get too poor. Unfortunately some teams and GMs don't quite understand that you need to put in a system and plan and work that system and plan. Instead, they cave to the pressure of outside voices, fans, owners and other outside influences and make a mess a bigger mess. For some teams that cycle just never seems to end...

Good point.

To expand on that, the big problem I see with the perennial top 10 drafting teams...is not so much lack of systems, but a disconnect between the FO and HC...if you're constantly changing over HC, there's no way you can draft around a system, because the system is always changing...you end up with a lot high draft picks that may or may not be ideal for the system and a good HC will adapt to what he has, but typically not with great results...3 yrs later, new HC, repeat cycle.

OL can get over looked in lieu of sexy pieces but at some point you have to invest in your OL...ideally via the draft.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope no problems in GB the O line is one of the best in the league. Right tackle Bulaga is out for a few weeks yet so have not been at full strength for the last 3 weeks but will be soon. The good thing is that there is team depth and if an injury does arise it will not cause a significant drop in talent. Rodgers has been sacked 6 times in 4 games so not that bad being 7th in QB sacks for QBs that have played a full 4 games

ne is in crazy land . they are so good they let brady get hit 10 x vs bills .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....except the Patriots.

brady is 1 2 gone makes up for a sorry line . let him hold the ball and get punished . i would pay to watch him take a beating .

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has struggled, but that has to do with our QB and WR situation. Weeden can't get the ball out and mostly because he has no one to throw to...and seems like opponents put 8 or even 9 in the box every down.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....except the Patriots.

Congratulations! You put up the millionth post comparing Wilson to Dilfer! Of course, half of those posts came from you alone but stand up and be recognized!

:hammer:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....except the Patriots.

I think plenty saw last year that through the first 4 games the OL played like crap and hey Brady didn't play all that great. The OL got better and look Brady got better. It is what Bronco fans are hoping happens here as well as the OL is improving and Manning has shown some signs of looking good when the OL gives him the time.

justsayin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To try to maintain a competitive balance the NFL has many ideas in place, salary cap, draft slotting, free agency, and other things so the rich don't get too rich and the poor don't get too poor. Unfortunately some teams and GMs don't quite understand that you need to put in a system and plan and work that system and plan. Instead, they cave to the pressure of outside voices, fans, owners and other outside influences and make a mess a bigger mess. For some teams that cycle just never seems to end...

LOL at GB fan getting all uppity about the system and some gm's not figuring it out or understanding. blah blah blah....

I guess you don't understand how incredibly lucky your team is! Favre handing over the reigns to Rodgers is only challenged by Manning handing over to Luck. But the fact that Rodgers fell to you at pick was it 23? makes it all the more crazy.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady is 1 2 gone makes up for a sorry line . let him hold the ball and get punished . i would pay to watch him take a beating .

Nice.....maybe he'll suffer a career ending injury so you can jump for joy.

Congratulations! You put up the millionth post comparing Wilson to Dilfer! Of course, half of those posts came from you alone but stand up and be recognized!

:hammer:

I've never before posted any such thing. Sorry I Russeled your jimmies.

I think plenty saw last year that through the first 4 games the OL played like crap and hey Brady didn't play all that great. The OL got better and look Brady got better. It is what Bronco fans are hoping happens here as well as the OL is improving and Manning has shown some signs of looking good when the OL gives him the time.

That's true cdumler. Now, tell me how well did blaming the Pats OL work then?

You make my point for me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never before posted any such thing. Sorry I Russeled your jimmies.

That's true cdumler. Now, tell me how well did blaming the Pats OL work then?

You make my point for me.

Oh I agree Brady caught too much flack during that time. People were calling for Jimmy G. I've always been one that I trust that a HOF QB can get themselves right eventually. I wasn't one calling him done. I was thinking the Patriots were looking like a done team just because of the OL really struggling and the defense just not looking very dominant at times. As we have seen time and time again though teams can turn things around in a hurry.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't get the O-line to play as a unit out here in KC. That's with Fisher not allowing a sack or QB hit so far this season (2 starts vs GB and Cincy + spot duty)...

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey it would be funny to watch the colts play brady ball . spread it out and make that stud of a D tackle dorsett , moncrief , gore and ty in the open field . then when they get tired of that start hitting fleener and allen up the middle and let those little cb tackle them .

nope i don't wish that on anyone even tb . i do respect brady but he is human and not a god like the pats fans think . half of the games are decided by non calls or calls . some of it is just the crews working the game alot of flags or then you have the crews just earning a check .

if the pats are the road grader vs the colts as you like to say line up 5 lineman and 2 te and run the ball down our throat don't go getting cute and have extra linemen in . plus don't when they get stopped short pile on and push the pile like rugby for the first down .

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope no problems in GB the O line is one of the best in the league. Right tackle Bulaga is out for a few weeks yet so have not been at full strength for the last 3 weeks but will be soon. The good thing is that there is team depth and if an injury does arise it will not cause a significant drop in talent. Rodgers has been sacked 6 times in 4 games so not that bad being 7th in QB sacks for QBs that have played a full 4 games

That's a vast improvement from years before, with Rodgers even though very mobile had bad O-lines and huge no# of sacks

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Suck" might be a little overstated. Perhaps "suckle" is more descriptively accurate.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at GB fan getting all uppity about the system and some gm's not figuring it out or understanding. blah blah blah....

I guess you don't understand how incredibly lucky your team is! Favre handing over the reigns to Rodgers is only challenged by Manning handing over to Luck. But the fact that Rodgers fell to you at pick was it 23? makes it all the more crazy.

You forgot Montana to Young.

I understand how fortunate the Packers were to have Rodgers fall to them. Now, can you explain to me why the other 23 teams passed on Rodgers? If they all knew what he'd become, why pass? The fact is Rodgers went into a perfect situation for him. He changed his throwing mechanics, and went to work to become a good NFL player. Add to that the fiasco of Favre leaving and people blasting him, or blaming him for Favre leaving and you have on dude that was out to prove to the world that he could be the best QB in the NFL.

So tell me, LOLboy, do you think if Rodgers went into another situation he would be the same player he is today? You know, a situation where he had to play right away, didn't have the luxury of changing his mechanics? Didn't sit on the bench with the ability to learn a NFL offense, how to run an NFL team, become a well liked teammate, become a fierce competitor because of perceived slights? Do you think all of that would've come together if he were taken early in that draft?

I'll mention one other thing, the Packers have developed plenty of NFL quarterbacks going back to the Favre days, so don't kid yourself that they don't coach and groom these guys to be capable players...that would be lying to yourself...

justsayin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Montana to Young.

I understand how fortunate the Packers were to have Rodgers fall to them. Now, can you explain to me why the other 23 teams passed on Rodgers? If they all knew what he'd become, why pass? The fact is Rodgers went into a perfect situation for him. He changed his throwing mechanics, and went to work to become a good NFL player. Add to that the fiasco of Favre leaving and people blasting him, or blaming him for Favre leaving and you have on dude that was out to prove to the world that he could be the best QB in the NFL.

So tell me, LOLboy, do you think if Rodgers went into another situation he would be the same player he is today? You know, a situation where he had to play right away, didn't have the luxury of changing his mechanics? Didn't sit on the bench with the ability to learn a NFL offense, how to run an NFL team, become a well liked teammate, become a fierce competitor because of perceived slights? Do you think all of that would've come together if he were taken early in that draft?

I'll mention one other thing, the Packers have developed plenty of NFL quarterbacks going back to the Favre days, so don't kid yourself that they don't coach and groom these guys to be capable players...that would be lying to yourself...

Settle down, you got angrier and angrier as your post went on.

Do I think the best quarterback in the league would be good if he wasn't in GB? Yeah probably. Did he benefit from sitting a few years? Yeah sure, but could he NOT of handled starting right away? Im not willing to say that.

But again, my point was to the gb fan, that was talking grab to the teams that "dont have a system" Or a GM that knows what he's doing, how incredibly lucky GB is