• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Russ/KD duo have the potential to be the Best Duo Ever?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is Washington bound. East is historically less competitive than the West and John Wall is more of a pass-first PG than Westbrook is. It's his home town and I think Wall-Durant fits better than KD-RW, who are both high volume players.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see OKC fall and become irrelevant. Then all those die hard "fans" will be nowhere to be seen.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is Washington bound. East is historically less competitive than the West and John Wall is more of a pass-first PG than Westbrook is. It's his home town and I think Wall-Durant fits better than KD-RW, who are both high volume players.
How in the world is John Wall a pass-first PG than Westbrook?? Not to mention Westbrook's assist average.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world is John Wall a pass-first PG than Westbrook?? Not to mention Westbrook's assist average.

Look at the difference in shot attempts. If Wall had the weapons RW has on his team his assists numbers would be up too. I just think that combo would work better is all. I'll still take Westbrook over Wall any day, but Durant and Westbrook do not compliment each other that well imo. If they did they'd have a ring by now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the difference in shot attempts. If Wall had the weapons RW has on his team his assists numbers would be up too. I just think that combo would work better is all. I'll still take Westbrook over Wall any day, but Durant and Westbrook do not compliment each other that well imo. If they did they'd have a ring by now.

Yeah, Westbrook seems like a shoot first point guard because that's who he is as a player. Hence, why it seems that Durant doesn't always get the shots in crunchtime that he should be getting. Wall seems to do it more out of necessity. Wall seems like he'd share the ball more in those situations.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see OKC fall and become irrelevant. Then all those die hard "fans" will be nowhere to be seen.

I'll put this as nice as I can, $#% you.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a fact that Durant can't go anywhere else where he has a better chance of winning for the next 5 years and he knows it. He might go but I'll be surprised if he does.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close

We have many great duos that have won multiple championships together

I'd honestly take 2012 Lebron and (healthy) Dwade over KD and Russ

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those fans that shitted on the Seattle fan base during the Clay Bennett robbery, we will see your guy's true colors when the team faces 4-5 years of losing basketball.

And yes I am still very bitter. We endured all those losing seasons to acquire the draft assets to get KD, WB, and Jeff Green and when the team was finally ready to turn it around we lose them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those fans that shitted on the Seattle fan base during the Clay Bennett robbery, we will see your guy's true colors when the team faces 4-5 years of losing basketball.

And yes I am still very bitter. We endured all those losing seasons to acquire the draft assets to get KD, WB, and Jeff Green and when the team was finally ready to turn it around we lose them.

I still don't completely understand what happened there. I remember Sonics fans being crazy loud and playing there was always tough, even in the seasons when they weren't that good. What did I miss?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't completely understand what happened there. I remember Sonics fans being crazy loud and playing there was always tough, even in the seasons when they weren't that good. What did I miss?

New ownership, I believe. Wanted to move them from the get-go.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should go to Miami.

They know how to win there. They have the money. They have every piece in place, except for a small forward.

It is a perfect match for him.

tsubibo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even in the conversation. They have not won anything yet and it really looks like one of them is leaving in the next few years if they can't get back to the finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant should go to Miami.

They know how to win there. They have the money. They have every piece in place, except for a small forward.

It is a perfect match for him.

:stfu:

He should go to the Lakers, they have lots of money and a 37 year old SG playing SF. Plus, they gots more champeenships than them Heats. :nod:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as soon as Russell starts to attempt to maybe some of the time when the moon is full and the swallows have returned to Capistrano, think about playing defense.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD goes to Washington?
Russ goes to LA?

Damn, the Thunder are screwed in a blink of an eye if that happens.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put them as the best duo ever. Win something first, at least one title. Until you've won anything, you can't put yourselves as the best duo. Especially after some of the following:

Kobe/Shaq
Magic/Kareem
Jordan/Pippen
Bird/McHale
Lebron/Wade

Hell, Malone and Stockton have more of a case to be put up as the best duo. Malone is 2nd in career points and Stockton's the all-time assist leader. They've been to two straight NBA Finals. Know why they don't even get brought up in the discussion? Because they don't have a title to their names.
THIS^^^^^

How can anyone say they're equal to Shaq/Kobe when they have a 3-peat record together and KD/Westbrook lost the only time they made it to the Finals.