• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Russ/KD duo have the potential to be the Best Duo Ever?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it, they're both 27 and still haven't entered their primes yet. Both are MVP caliber players at this moment. They were the first to score 40+ points each since MJ and Scottie, who are claimed by most to be the best duo of all time.

Talent wise, I see Russ/KD as a duo > MJ/Scottie as a duo since we all know MJ is on another level above Pippen. And Russ and KD are like 1A and 1B of OKC. But it's the SIX RINGS of the Bulls that made MJ and Scottie unbeatable in this discussion. Now, if Westbrook and Durant win multiple rings together, can they be up there with the likes of MJ/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe, or possibly be the best duo ever?

This season: P/R/A
Westbrook - 28/7/10 with PER of 32.79
Durant - 28/7/2 with PER of 30.51

12274587_758487100921827_8644197564597214143_n.jpg

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it, they're both 27 and still haven't entered their primes yet. Both are MVP caliber players at this moment. They were the first to score 40+ points each since MJ and Scottie, who are claimed by most to be the best duo of all time.

Talent wise, I see Russ/KD as a duo > MJ/Scottie as a duo since we all know MJ is on another level above Pippen. And Russ and KD are like 1A and 1B of OKC. But it's the SIX RINGS of the Bulls that made MJ and Scottie unbeatable in this discussion. Now, if Westbrook and Durant win multiple rings together, can they be up there with the likes of MJ/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe, or possibly be the best duo ever?

This season: P/R/A
Westbrook - 28/7/10 with PER of 32.79
Durant - 28/7/2 with PER of 30.51

View attachment 56194
Magic and Kareem?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Especially since they won't be a duo much longer.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd have to stay on the same team for the next 5-10 years and win some titles to even get put into that conversation, and I don't see either of those things happening.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think KD will leave OKC? I hope not

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think KD will leave OKC? I hope not

I read someplace on internet forums a couple of years ago that all free agents want to play in LA or NY or Miami. So I'm guessing he leaves for LA.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a toss up if he leaves or not, it could come down to how far they go in the playoffs. Even if he stays, I expect Westbrook to leave for the lakers.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't even to the Lebron and Wade level yet. I'd put them at Lebron and Kyrie right now, but that could easily change. Others that are better or equal to KD and Russ are Stockton and Malone, Payton and Kemp, Shaq and Kobe, Magic and Kareem, Big O and Kareem, Shaq and Penny, and many more prolific duos who have at least one finals appearance on their resume.

Both players are also in their prime.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put them as the best duo ever. Win something first, at least one title. Until you've won anything, you can't put yourselves as the best duo. Especially after some of the following:

Kobe/Shaq
Magic/Kareem
Jordan/Pippen
Bird/McHale
Lebron/Wade

Hell, Malone and Stockton have more of a case to be put up as the best duo. Malone is 2nd in career points and Stockton's the all-time assist leader. They've been to two straight NBA Finals. Know why they don't even get brought up in the discussion? Because they don't have a title to their names.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton & Malone? No duo benefited from each other more than those two. As a duo, those two have to be up there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stockton & Malone? No duo benefited from each other more than those two. As a duo, those two have to be up there.

They're up there. But they're not in the discussion for the best. In basketball, two guys can win you a ship. Those two never won a title, which is why I don't include them. They were pretty damn good and successful, but didn't win when it counted.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're up there. But they're not in the discussion for the best. In basketball, two guys can win you a ship. Those two never won a title, which is why I don't include them. They were pretty damn good and successful, but didn't win when it counted.

If you're looking for just two best players ever that played together then yes, they don't belong up at the top. But those two lived off each other, while most other duos you mention are interchangable. Shaq and Kobe, but Shaq won another championship with Wade and Kobe won more with Pau.

Malone was the perfect teammate for Stockton and vice versa. As a duo, they were great.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking for just two best players ever that played together then yes, they don't belong up at the top. But those two lived off each other, while most other duos you mention are interchangable. Shaq and Kobe, but Shaq won another championship with Wade and Kobe won more with Pau.

Malone was the perfect teammate for Stockton and vice versa. As a duo, they were great.

CitySushi, there games matched each other perfectly. I couldn't find a more perfect pairing, and they accomplished quite a lot. However, this is best duo ever. And with that very definition I can only assume that not only are statistics analyzed, but so are titles. Stockton and Malone have zero. They're good, don't get it twisted. They're just horribly unlucky as they had to deal with Jordan.

Back to Durant and Westbrook - No, they're not the best duo ever.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Durant probably leaves the Thunder as a free agent this off-season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read someplace on internet forums a couple of years ago that all free agents want to play in LA or NY or Miami. So I'm guessing he leaves for LA.

Where in the world did you read that? First of all where are all of these players who are dying to play in NY? Secondly - I don't to seem to recall a lot of free agents rushing to join the Lakers over the past few seasons - will probably happen over next few years but not at the same pace as in the past. Lastly - lots of players want to play elsewhere for a variety of reasons to include Labron and Aldridge recently.

Durant could easily stay in OKC or possibly go home to DC or go to one of the bigger cities - who knows. LA would be more attractive to Westbrook if he ever decides to leave since he played in that area. In this era players could go to any number of places - the conditions are much different than in the past where you needed to go to a big city for attention, endorsements, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world did you read that? First of all where are all of these players who are dying to play in NY? Secondly - I don't to seem to recall a lot of free agents rushing to join the Lakers over the past few seasons - will probably happen over next few years but not at the same pace as in the past. Lastly - lots of players want to play elsewhere for a variety of reasons to include Labron and Aldridge recently.

Actually, it's not really a secret that players want to play in those cities and for obvious reasons. The difference, however, is that players also want to play where they can win. So, while places like L.A., NY and Miami have their appeal, it's not as much of an advantage as it used to be.

These days, if all things are close to equal as far as winning, they will choose one of those cities over others. However, even with the situations they are in, the Lakers and Knicks (didn't include the Heat because they are already pretty good) are going to at least get an interview with top level FA's that other similarly struggling teams don't get. However, if they can't convince that FA that they have the pieces to win soon, that FA will choose another city that has a better chance to win.