• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Romo Deserve A Pass?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Romo checks it down for 2 yards on 4th and 1? Then they continue the drive and eat up clock. It ultimately results in a game winning TD. Why throw a 50 yard bomb hoping for a miraculous catch on 4th and game? What if Romo doesn't fumble the snap at the end of the half and makes a couple of completions for a TD or at least a field goal? What if Romo doesn't take a couple sacks in a row toward the end of the game, and the Cowboys aren't forced to punt?

It's easy to look at stats and say Romo exercised all his demons, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

Fine, he didn't play the football equivalent of a perfect game, but played damn well. And has been playing damn well for pretty much the entire season, despite getting banged up. I think you are grasping at straws.

And I agree I hated the decision to throw a fade on 4th and 2 with Murray on the sideline, but that's on the coaches, it looked like a predesigned play the way it unfolded and not up to the QB's discretion.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, he didn't play the football equivalent of a perfect game, but played damn well. And has been playing damn well for pretty much the entire season, despite getting banged up. I think you are grasping at straws.

And I agree I hated the decision to throw a fade on 4th and 2 with Murray on the sideline, but that's on the coaches, it looked like a predesigned play the way it unfolded and not up to the QB's discretion.

Rodgers was barely 80% and he still had enough to take down The Boys! It's the one thing I agree with Stephen A. Smith on, "that dude Rodgers is a baaaaddddd man!" Being from Chicago, we can only dream of actually having a franchise QB! Even when the team is good, it has little to do with the quarterbacking! It's been one disaster after another! When some teams have 3 QB's over 20 years, the Bears probably have had 30 over the same period! Even their SB year in 1985 had them using all 3 QB's for substantial periods of time! Can you say Rick Mirer? Who's idea was it to waste 2 years on Kordell Stewart? At least I lived in California when that circus was going on! If Grossman could take the Bears to a SB in '07, you know we've lived a charmed life! :L :whistle: :rollseyes:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, on the most important play of the game, he made a nice pass to Dez. As others stated, if Dez doesn't try to be Superman after he comes down with the ball, the ruling on the field would have stayed a catch, and Dallas would have likely run the ball in for a TD from there. Maybe Rodgers leads the Packers down the field for a win anyway, but Romo did what he had to do to put them in a position to win. Not his fault someone else didn't do their job after he did his.

Oh yeah, as far as game managing is concerned, this guy just can't win. Instead of stupid, desperation passes, he ate the ball a handful of times. A far better option than throwing the ball up into a crowd of defenders. If he did pass on each of those sacks, the pass attempts in the game would have been 24. The Cowboys handed it to their RBs 26 times. Seems to me like they were trying to be balanced on offense.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Romo checks it down for 2 yards on 4th and 1? Then they continue the drive and eat up clock. It ultimately results in a game winning TD. Why throw a 50 yard bomb hoping for a miraculous catch on 4th and game? What if Romo doesn't fumble the snap at the end of the half and makes a couple of completions for a TD or at least a field goal? What if Romo doesn't take a couple sacks in a row toward the end of the game, and the Cowboys aren't forced to punt?

It's easy to look at stats and say Romo exercised all his demons, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

This argument would hold weight if the ball was off the mark, but it wasn't. Dez came down with it, he just made a poor decision afterwards. With the game on the line, he made a pass that had the Cowboys set up to score a TD. His WR made a poor decision, and the Cowboys couldn't recover from it. I know it's become the norm to blame all things on Romo, but this one is a real stretch. Had he got picked, or had he fumbled on that play, sure, he pulled an "oh no." That's not what happened though. He actually made what should have been a great play. Once the ball is in his teammates hands, you can't hold their mistakes against him too, even though that's obviously happening right now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have a hard time finding fault with Romo in this game.

I would place the bulk of the blame, if I had to find blame, on the Cowboys secondary being unable to tackle and unable to stop the Packers No. 3 and No. 4 receivers.

But even that is probably a little unfair. The Packers were just a better team yesterday, at home. I think the Cowboys win that game if they were at home.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez is able to hold onto the last pass, Romo would have had a perfect rating. Can't play much better than that against Green Bay in the playoffs

wish he didn't audible out of the 3rd and 1 at the end of the first half though.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the defense and Dez for the loss. The Defense got zero pressure on Rodgers in the 4th quarter, and Dez should have secured the ball. Romo IMO had his best season ever, to put this loss on him is flat out ignorant. The better team won the game, but if Dallas can find a way to keep a few key players and add some to their defense they will be back.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby's just hoping Romo will get cut so Arizona could pick him up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, are you serious? Romo played nearly perfect.

I'll never understand why, when the pocket collapses, he turns his back and try's to run that post catch receiver curl. He gets freakin' smashed doing that all the time.

Other than that, yep, Romo had a great game. Should have won too........if it hadnt been for those damn meddlin' referees......

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that Dez had straight Man tells me that the Packers were loading up and covering short. There was no safety in the picture. Besides, it was a great throw. I can't knock a guy for playing to win. That to me is the opposite of a choke

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish he didn't audible out of the 3rd and 1 at the end of the first half though.

:agree: Heat I agree with you, and not just the audible but the original package as well. It was 3rd and 1, were the Hell was our bulldozer of a fullback?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was not much more mobile than Rodgers. But I agree he played well. Sometimes you have to credit the defense.
And the whole team sort of gets a pass. In the playoffs on the road (the tundra to boot) and they just didn't have enough to stop Rodgers. Nothing to be down about. Lots of teams have struggled against Rodgers. They got there, that is a start.
Until Romo wins the big one, he will always have that monkey. It ain't fair but us fans are overly merciless. Dallas has a good team now. No idea how long but they and Romo have a window.

Romo just doesn't have to win the big one because teams win and lose games not just QB's. Quit watching ESPN and listening to Skip Bayless. Just saying.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Dez had straight Man tells me that the Packers were loading up and covering short. There was no safety in the picture. Besides, it was a great throw. I can't knock a guy for playing to win. That to me is the opposite of a choke

Yeah, you're right. He had Witten, Dunbar, and Beasley underneath. Witten was covered pretty well in the middle of the field and if he somehow made a catch, it was going to be close on the spot. Yesterday is not a game I would have wanted to try my luck on a spot. Dunbar didn't seem to know where the hell the first down was, as he floated to around 2-3 yards or so behind where he probably should have been, and a defender was closing extremely quickly. Romo had a shot with Beasley, but only if he snapped and fired in about 2.5 seconds. Beasley was to his right, and Romo seemed to look left almost right after the ball was snapped. I think they saw 1-on-1 with Dez, and decided they were going to go big to their playmaker or go home. I wasn't a fan of the play called, but to be fair, the execution wasn't bad. Strategically, it just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guts no glory ... Romo went for it and why not , Dez wins those matchups... What Des should a focused on though is securing the catch and not stretching out to cross the goal-line ....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For once I will say yes. He played a good game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play was a great play and refs screwed up. it happens. move on. Dallas got a break last week. Overall dallas had a great season. No one had them going this far.