• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Romo Deserve A Pass?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his stat line looks solid. 15-19 2 TD's no int's, but he still seems to struggle in pressure situations. The 3rd and 1 before the half he fumbles the snap. Late in the game with the lead, he takes 2 sacks in a row when he had the opportunity to get rid of the ball.

Romo is not the only reason the Cowboys lost, but he certainly deserves some of the blame.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, are you serious? Romo played nearly perfect.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not this year. Throwing at a nearly 80% completion rate for the game on the road with two TDs and no turnovers is about as good as he could play. He was an overturned call and defensive stand away from finishing the game 16 of 19 and with a win against Rogers in Lambeau with the inferior defense. The audible on 3rd down and 1 was on Garrett..you just don't let him audible there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his stat line looks solid. 15-19 2 TD's no int's, but he still seems to struggle in pressure situations. The 3rd and 1 before the half he fumbles the snap. Late in the game with the lead, he takes 2 sacks in a row when he had the opportunity to get rid of the ball.

Romo is not the only reason the Cowboys lost, but he certainly deserves some of the blame.

everyone on the team deserves some of the blame. Everyone on the sidelines too. Losses are team stats.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone on the team deserves some of the blame. Everyone on the sidelines too. Losses are team stats.

Finally someone gets it. Teams win and lose games not just QB's. People need to quit watching ESPN and listening to Skip Bayless. Just saying.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally someone gets it. Teams win and lose games not just QB's. People need to quit watching ESPN and listening to Skip Bayless. Just saying.

That is exactly why I said some of the blame. He had a great season / game, I just noticed some indecisiveness in pressure situations.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That is exactly why I said some of the blame. He had a great season / game, I just noticed some indecisiveness in pressure situations.
No one is perfect. 78% completion rate on the road in an NFL playoff game on the road with 143 QB rating and 2 TDs and no picks is about as good as you could get.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is perfect. 78% completion rate on the road in an NFL playoff game on the road with 143 QB rating and 2 TDs and no picks is about as good as you could get.

:agree: man the ignorance of some people. Ya that pass to Dez Bryant deep was all Romo's fault I guess by the idiot OP's view. Just saying.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Broncos had Romo today and I'm sure Arizona would love to have Romo as well. Please STFU!! Have a great night. :suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a QB went 80% every game and threw minimal pics but in pressure situations, during big games, he had that one fumble or threw that one pick or made one ore two bad decisions you could look at his stat line and say he played great, but the real story might be different.

Romo has always had good stats, but he is labeled as somewhat of a choker. Stats aside, he made a couple of Romoesque plays. I'm not putting the reason for the loss on him. I'm just wondering if people feel the same way.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo played well. This isn't a credible thread.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure how much blame he should get. throwing the ball just 19 times falls into a game manager rate. think that was a low for qbs in the playoffs. theres a lot of talk about the new and improved romo..the romo in december is better...it appear that he's been promoted to cpt handoff.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo played well. This isn't a credible thread.

Just wondering what the masses think. I'm not gonna sit here and try and convince everyone I am right. I made an observation, and stated it. Nothing more.

Obviously I am in the minority on this one

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If a QB went 80% every game and threw minimal pics but in pressure situations, during big games, he had that one fumble or threw that one pick or made one ore two bad decisions you could look at his stat line and say he played great, but the real story might be different.

Romo has always had good stats, but he is labeled as somewhat of a choker. Stats aside, he made a couple of Romoesque plays. I'm not putting the reason for the loss on him. I'm just wondering if people feel the same way.
Not true and you obviously don't watch many Cowboys and have not seen him or his stats in December. He has historically been way worse statistically (see 3 picks at Washington last year and 85 rating against the Giants at home when Dallas was 13-3 and the one seed back in 07) in December but not this year. He was better in December and January. He did enough to win today. That is a fact. He did not fumble, did not miss a field goal kick, etc. He made some big throws on 3rd down and even 4th down all December and January.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo was not much more mobile than Rodgers. But I agree he played well. Sometimes you have to credit the defense.
And the whole team sort of gets a pass. In the playoffs on the road (the tundra to boot) and they just didn't have enough to stop Rodgers. Nothing to be down about. Lots of teams have struggled against Rodgers. They got there, that is a start.
Until Romo wins the big one, he will always have that monkey. It ain't fair but us fans are overly merciless. Dallas has a good team now. No idea how long but they and Romo have a window.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez is able to hold onto the last pass, Romo would have had a perfect rating. Can't play much better than that against Green Bay in the playoffs

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is the guy that blew it. He should have known that securing the ball was priority #1 but he wanted to be a hero and it cost them the game.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez is able to hold onto the last pass, Romo would have had a perfect rating. Can't play much better than that against Green Bay in the playoffs

What if Romo checks it down for 2 yards on 4th and 1? Then they continue the drive and eat up clock. It ultimately results in a game winning TD. Why throw a 50 yard bomb hoping for a miraculous catch on 4th and game? What if Romo doesn't fumble the snap at the end of the half and makes a couple of completions for a TD or at least a field goal? What if Romo doesn't take a couple sacks in a row toward the end of the game, and the Cowboys aren't forced to punt?

It's easy to look at stats and say Romo exercised all his demons, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo played good. Just got outplayed by a quarterback who played great