• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Does Phillip Rivers ever win a super bowl??

Does Phillip Rivers ever win a super bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never voted in the poll, mainly because I think it's an unfair poll. I agree he probably never wins at this stage of his career being on the Chargers and he's tied to them through 2020. Whenjoy you say above average what exactly are you saying. I'll agree he's above average but where you snd I probably disagree is how high above average, I think talent wise he is close or could have been an elite caliber QB. Had the Chargers and Rivers won a SB or two he'd be in the best of all time conversation. Think about this though the Chargers are not all that old of a franchise and they will have two of the best QB's never to win a SB/Championship.

And Rivers has had a chance or two to get out of SD, Now as for Fouts, that was before all the free agent BS, so he was pretty much in with what they had. But in this day and age, if Rivers felt he didn't have a shot, he could of left. And if SD upper management can't get him the talent he needs to do so, then he is even more motivated to leave....But he has a time or two had the talent around him!!!!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Sweep.....LMFAO

Now there's a man with a good sense of humor....:dhd:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rivers has had a chance or two to get out of SD, Now as for Fouts, that was before all the free agent BS, so he was pretty much in with what they had. But in this day and age, if Rivers felt he didn't have a shot, he could of left. And if SD upper management can't get him the talent he needs to do so, then he is even more motivated to leave....But he has a time or two had the talent around him!!!!
Completely agree, he had his chances and could have made a decision to up those chances. I'm not crying for him, I just see him as a very good QB who could have won, and no one would have wondered how he did it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What bothers me about Fouts is going into the draft of Elway, Marino & others the Chargers had a lot of 1st round picks & Fouts was unsigned. The Chargers could have easily acquired the 1st pick & taken Elway. Instead they used that possiblilty as leverage to get a contract done with Fouts. When Fouts retired the Chargers were awful for a long time because for some reason they didn't think ahead & draft a QB in a QB rich draft.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me about Fouts is going into the draft of Elway, Marino & others the Chargers had a lot of 1st round picks & Fouts was unsigned. The Chargers could have easily acquired the 1st pick & taken Elway. Instead they used that possiblilty as leverage to get a contract done with Fouts. When Fouts retired the Chargers were awful for a long time because for some reason they didn't think ahead & draft a QB in a QB rich draft.

I have for a while thought of the SD Chargers head office as not to swift......
I mean they have to be slick as to the light beginning to peak through with some of the crazy shit they do with players, but they have had talent, they have just never utilized it to the ability they could have nor did they give great players like Fouts the players he needed.
Fouts really got a screw job and he could of been so much more with the right players around him.
I remember the days of hating on Fouts and Winslow for just crushing us, Put Fouts on the Steelers instead of Bradshaw and I think Pittsburgh could of been 6 time champs before '85'

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have for a while thought of the SD Chargers head office as not to swift......
I mean they have to be slick as to the light beginning to peak through with some of the crazy shit they do with players, but they have had talent, they have just never utilized it to the ability they could have nor did they give great players like Fouts the players he needed.
Fouts really got a screw job and he could of been so much more with the right players around him.
I remember the days of hating on Fouts and Winslow for just crushing us, Put Fouts on the Steelers instead of Bradshaw and I think Pittsburgh could of been 6 time champs before '85'

The Coryell years were all about the offense. They drafted offense when they needed defense in the 1st round at times. Of course there were two big trades the Chargers made during that time as well. The Chargers traded DE Fred Dean to the 49ers. This trade did for the 49ers the same thing they did for the Cowboys when they traded them Charles Hayley. The other trade was John Jefferson for Wes Chandler. Jefferson was acrobatic. He made some unbelievable plays. Wes was a great receiver to though.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've a lot closer to being a certain Raven poster than you want to admit.

A. Not sure what you mean by this.

B. I find it odd that you only harp on it being a team game when it comes to Ws and Ls. It's almost as if you feel that doesn't apply to the stats a QB may pile up (many times which are meaningless).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.J. Smith & ownership tore apart what might have been a powerhouse if John Butler was able to build it. Who knows maybe Rivers would never have been a Charger. The bottom line for me is I'd like to see the Spanos family sell the team.
very much agree

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you this....After looking back at his record as the starter from 06-15, they have been in the playoffs 5 times and missed 5 times.....So you could see this as glass half full or half empty....
My opinion is that a QB that has been a 5 time pro bowler, passing td leader, passing yards leader,come back POY, passing rating leader, and a career passer rating of 95.5, is well able to lead his team to a SB and win....
I read that Pitts targeted him in 04 draft but he went too early and Ben was an alternate choice......
smokescreen , Ben was the choice

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Not sure what you mean by this.

B. I find it odd that you only harp on it being a team game when it comes to Ws and Ls. It's almost as if you feel that doesn't apply to the stats a QB may pile up (many times which are meaningless).
I'm saying you defend TGANN all along the time you insist you don't defend him, and you get your panties in a wad when someone say Flacco isn't elite.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying you defend TGANN all along the time you insist you don't defend him, and you get your panties in a wad when someone say Flacco isn't elite.

A. You have to let go of your obsession with Tgann.

B. When were we talking about Flacco? You're just making shit up. I have never thought Flacco is "elite". I've never, ever said he was. I asked why you harp on "it's a team game" only when it comes to Ws and Ls and not when it comes to stats. That's very odd to me. I mean...I think I know why given Romo's track record, but I was giving you a chance to explain (which you continually choose not to do).

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. You have to let go of your obsession with Tgann.

B. When were we talking about Flacco? You're just making shit up. I have never thought Flacco is "elite". I've never, ever said he was. I asked why you harp on "it's a team game" only when it comes to Ws and Ls and not when it comes to stats. That's very odd to me. I mean...I think I know why given Romo's track record, but I was giving you a chance to explain (which you continually choose not to do).
Well I did earlier when I said this "Some SB winning QB's even get falsely called ELITE". Or did you miss that? Oh and besides it's not just this thread that what I said applies to you.