• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Kaepernick get an extension this off season?

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that Boldin is priority #1. Maybe a two-year deal 10-12 mil. I have no doubt Harbaugh will get his money. Three NFC titles games in a row to start your NFL coaching is great. I just hope that the Niners find a way to develop WR's.

Agreed. We need a vertical threat at that position...I wanted them to trade a 2nd rounder a few months ago to the Browns for Josh Gordon who is a monster, but...didnt happen. Baalke was banking on Crabtree who is good, NOT mediocre LOL...and of course Manningham who is nothing more than a role player.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh got enough from Alex to get to a title game so I'd say if Kaep wants 20 million a year let him walk I trust barbs to draft and train up a new qb

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will no doubt get his deal and a raise. His salary doesent count against the cap either! lol....As for Boldin, I believe they will be able to sign him to a 2 year deal to keep him. Of all our free agents, he is the priority.

Yes, Harbs doesn't count against the cap but he counts against the bottom line. Is York gonna pay him $8M per without a SB victory on his resume?

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Harbs doesn't count against the cap but he counts against the bottom line. Is York gonna pay him $8M per without a SB victory on his resume?

I would think York will pay him $7M - which is the same as Fisher, Carroll, and his brother John. Only 1 of those gentlemen has a SB victory...Harbs has definitely outperformed his current contract of $5M per season. Like he says, "pay the man"

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think York will pay him $7M - which is the same as Fisher, Carroll, and his brother John. Only 1 of those gentlemen has a SB victory...Harbs has definitely outperformed his current contract of $5M per season. Like he says, "pay the man"

I like this. Pay him 7 million a year as an extension. If and when he wins a Super Bowl, at that point, extend him again and increase to 8 million a year. If they want they can have a signing bonus or whatever they can do for coaches to retroactively pay for these years and that's part of the negotiation for him accepting 7 million this year instead of pushing for 8 or waiting a year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Niners do. If they really believe he is their guy, they sign him long term now because it isn't going to get any cheaper.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Barrows just tweeted a pic of Kaps car at the facility today. First guy there on the first day of the offseason. He's young, and he's committed. We shall see

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Barrows just tweeted a pic of Kaps car at the facility today. First guy there on the first day of the offseason. He's young, and he's committed. We shall see

That's one thing I don't doubt about him. He certainly works hard. He also seems to have a chip on his shoulder, so motivation is no problem with Kaep. Hopefully, the coaches guide him to work on the right things. I have no doubt that he is a good student and that he listens to what Harbs and the other coaches tell him.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we like it or not. He's gonna get paid at least top 10 money. Cutler r Ryan r Romo hasn't done shit. & I know some r gonna said we have a great Def. But only QB & Coaches get wins & losses. Besides the organization.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we like it or not. He's gonna get paid at least top 10 money. Cutler r Ryan r Romo hasn't done shit. & I know some r gonna said we have a great Def. But only QB & Coaches get wins & losses. Besides the organization.

In a multi-billion industry such as the NFL, we the fans who support it so much can't be shocked at the millions heaped on these guys.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one thing I don't doubt about him. He certainly works hard. He also seems to have a chip on his shoulder, so motivation is no problem with Kaep. Hopefully, the coaches guide him to work on the right things. I have no doubt that he is a good student and that he listens to what Harbs and the other coaches tell him.

If he is such a hard worker then maybe Sick's point about him being stupid is spot on. If he can't figure out how not to manage the clock so poorly, that you can't lock on to a receiver every play when you're in the NFL, etc. then that is bad news. Personally, I hope he was just lazy to this point when it comes to the mental stuff and was too busy lifting weights or something because if he was actually working on his overall game for the past year and this is what we get, this team is in trouble.

If we sign a guy like that to a $100 million contract then bye bye to any hope of this team being a contender in the long term.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All three of those guys are better QBs than Kap. I mean, maybe you could argue Cutler isn't but Ryan and especially Romo are on another level compared to Kap.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
But Whysies I'm talking playoffs. I wouldn't have gave any 1 of them guys the contracts they got. Ryan & Romo offense is tailored towards them. Cutler just throws it up to his 6'4'' WRs. I'm not saying their not better than him. But what have they done in the post season. & I'll wait on your reply.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Whysies I'm talking playoffs. I wouldn't have gave any 1 of them guys the contracts they got. Ryan & Romo offense is tailored towards them. Cutler just throws it up to his 6'4'' WRs. I'm not saying their not better than him. But what have they done in the post season. & I'll wait on your reply.

You can look up their stats just as easily as I can, I'm not going to link them for you.

I'm talking about their play as QBs, not this bullshit about only coaches and QBs win playoff games or some such nonsense. Let me guess, you also don't think Peyton Manning is all that good because he is a "regular season QB?"

It's not Romo's fault the Cowboys have been a shitstain of a franchise for over a decade. Likewise, Kap shouldn't be elevated because his team is elite.

When it comes to playing quarterback, Kap isn't nearly as good as Romo or Ryan.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts:

1. We don't HAVE to sign Kaepernick this off season to anything. We still have him under contract for next season, and at UNDER 1mil. A bargain.

2. You sign players early for two reasons: you don't want them to hit the market, or you sign them early and before they've realized their potential so you can get them at a bargain. This is what we did with Boone and Bowman.

3. Baalke has to consider a few things: if we don't sign Kaepernick this year and he goes on to have a HUGE year next year, we'll have other teams competing to sign him, driving his price up. If we sign him this year and he doesn't improve, well then it becomes a bad contract, even if we get him at a lower price this year.

Honestly, if I was Baalke, I wouldn't even think about a Kaepernick contract until mid season next year. Look at how he works/improves in the off season and what he looks like early next year before making a decision. Focus on resigning other pieces Mike Iupati and Aldon Smith. Also we can try to pull an Alex Boone with Chris Culliver.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts:

1. We don't HAVE to sign Kaepernick this off season to anything. We still have him under contract for next season, and at UNDER 1mil. A bargain.

2. You sign players early for two reasons: you don't want them to hit the market, or you sign them early and before they've realized their potential so you can get them at a bargain. This is what we did with Boone and Bowman.

3. Baalke has to consider a few things: if we don't sign Kaepernick this year and he goes on to have a HUGE year next year, we'll have other teams competing to sign him, driving his price up. If we sign him this year and he doesn't improve, well then it becomes a bad contract, even if we get him at a lower price this year.

Honestly, if I was Baalke, I wouldn't even think about a Kaepernick contract until mid season next year. Look at how he works/improves in the off season and what he looks like early next year before making a decision. Focus on resigning other pieces Mike Iupati and Aldon Smith. Also we can try to pull an Alex Boone with Chris Culliver.

:agree:

Very good points. I too wouldn't mind baalke waiting to see what Kap looks like halfway through this year. I still wonder how baalke feels about kap. Seems to be more of the harbaugh pick. I wonder if baalke rather have someone else. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard into it lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Furthermore, do columnists ever proofread anymore? The word dynamic is spelled dynamic, not dyanmic.

Tough call...I'm not sure the # should be 20 mil per for Kaep, but it's going be expensive nonetheless.

You say no...what do you do here then? Barring a trade, the best you're going to get from the draft is maybe the 5th QB off the board. Is Cousins worth a 2nd rd pick that you know WAS wants and needs?

I like Kaep and think he could develop into a solid dual threat QB...but imo he wasn't really earned a 2nd big contract much like Dalton hasn't...I probably would make that trade for Cousins and let them compete for the job.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Very good points. I too wouldn't mind baalke waiting to see what Kap looks like halfway through this year. I still wonder how baalke feels about kap. Seems to be more of the harbaugh pick. I wonder if baalke rather have someone else. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard into it lol

Agree, those are good points...midseason works if Kaep really likes being in SF...if he's open to other teams and is having a good year by midseason it would make sense for him to the let the FA process play out at that point. I mentioned Cousins...he might not be the guy, but I do think Kaep needs to have another capable QB behind him to get the most out of him I think.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A few thoughts:

Plus, we always have the franchise tag we could slap on him if we dont sign him to an extension.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cutler and Romo can do jack shit and suck and neither ever won a playoff game, and they can get loaded deals, I'm sure Kap can.

The problem is, who are we gonna let walk so we can sign Kap?

:L

Just cause Cutler and Romo got huge deals doesn't mean we should dish that out. I'd rather just say fuck the QB position if we have to spend that kind of money on an avg QB. We could use that extra salary to pump up our defense even more.

:nod:

Please, maniax, don't use the Cowboys or the Bears when talking about player management. Your point goes down the toilet on principle.