• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Brady have anything else left to prove?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A interesting "debate" came across WEEI tonight on the ride home from work today.

The subject was obviously Tom Brady but does he have anything left to prove? I mean he has won Super Bowls, MVPs and tons of games... Yet his recent "struggles" in the post season might overshawdow those good things...

So does Brady have anything else to prove? 17-7 play-off record doesn't really make me think he has much more to prove. Again to me W/L records do not make a QB a good one or a bad one..

I mean he already has what 25 post season wins and the next is Peyton with 20 or 21... So does what does he have to prove, if anything?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires today he's in the GOAT discussion. If he wins a couple more, he's hard to argue against.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires today he's in the GOAT discussion. If he wins a couple more, he's hard to argue against.

Won't he always be "the Goat?"

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sticks around a few more years he can be the oldest QB to win a SB. I think Elway did it at 38.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me how Tom Brady becomes a Goat ? Last I knew the last two Super Bowls he left the field with lead. It was BB the defense genius who lost the game. with rookies DB's and no pass rush who couldn't stop Eli Manning. I would say BB is the Goat. What made him a genius winning the first 3 Super Bowls by 3 point he has lost the last 2 by 3 points. Tom Brady doesn't play defense. So you don't knit pick I know Tom Brady came back on the field in 2007 put the game was lost because the defense couldn't make the last stop.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Brady play better in the playoffs. He's had a few good games, but the Patriots offense has been disappearing for long stretches in the playoffs.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me how Tom Brady becomes a Goat ? Last I knew the last two Super Bowls he left the field with lead. It was BB the defense genius who lost the game. with rookies DB's and no pass rush who couldn't stop Eli Manning. I would say BB is the Goat. What made him a genius winning the first 3 Super Bowls by 3 point he has lost the last 2 by 3 points. Tom Brady doesn't play defense. So you don't knit pick I know Tom Brady came back on the field in 2007 put the game was lost because the defense couldn't make the last stop.

Goat = Greatest Of All Time

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady needs one more ring.

Badly.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is not whether or not he has anything left to prove but whether or not he has anything left. I personally don't think he is the greatest of all time but he is undoubtedly HOF bound. I just hope the Pats aren't holding on simply because they lack the ability to let go.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is not whether or not he has anything left to prove but whether or not he has anything left. I personally don't think he is the greatest of all time but he is undoubtedly HOF bound. I just hope the Pats aren't holding on simply because they lack the ability to let go.

What?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is not whether or not he has anything left to prove but whether or
not he has anything left.

He is talked about daily as MVP not for setting records, but for getting to 12-4, 2nd seed with virtually no weapons all season. Unproven, unreliable, unhealthy or fumbler. Anything left? No, I do not understand this comment.

I personally don't think he is the greatest of all time but he is undoubtedly HOF bound.

Not the greatest? Well, every person IS entitled to there own opinion, but yours wrong in this instance.

I just hope the Pats aren't holding on simply because they lack the ability to let go.

Inability to let go? Let go of a QB that is playing at a level that has him being mentioned nationally as an MVP candidate??? WHY?
WHO would you replace him with? WHO???
Mallet?
Manziel?
Tebow?
Is Romo a free agent???

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer wants him on the Titans!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer wants him on the Titans!

Maybe they would be willing to trade Locker AND a first round pick for Tom and Bill. They are looking for a new coach and we could REALLY use that first rounder we gave up for Bill 13-14 years ago...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is still a top 2-3 QB in the league at the slightly decreased level he played at this year, which is as likely due to absurd OL injuries and a complete turnover at WR as any decline. He is making less than probably 10-15 guys, though.

That's why they're hanging on. Not only is he clearly still at an elite level, but he's taking the salary of a mid-tier guy and giving us amazing value.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is talked about daily as MVP not for setting records, but for getting to 12-4, 2nd seed with virtually no weapons all season. Unproven, unreliable, unhealthy or fumbler. Anything left? No, I do not understand this comment.

Not the greatest? Well, every person IS entitled to there own opinion, but yours wrong in this instance.

Inability to let go? Let go of a QB that is playing at a level that has him being mentioned nationally as an MVP candidate??? WHY?
WHO would you replace him with? WHO???
Mallet?
Manziel?
Tebow?
Is Romo a free agent???

Talked about daily as MVP, where on Pats boards, in your basement? I have not heard a whisper of him being mentioned in MVP circles nor should he for this years performance. Brady's numbers have diminished as his ability to make throws he use to make. IMO it's not really debatable. It's a part of what begins to happen to all QBs at his age. I know some of it is the WR corps, not having Gronk etc. But I have watched Tom throw a lot of bad passes the last few years, passes he use to make.

As for your calling my opinion wrong in regard to GOAT it's my opinion and it's the opinion of a lot of people. You acting juvenile and dismissing the opinion does not change it. There is no doubt he is one of the GOAT but for you or any other Pats homer to declare him GOAT is asinine. Just because you want something to be does not make it so.

As for the moronic Tebow, Romo, Manziel comments, I don't who will replace Brady but I know that time is coming soon. I know the arm is not what it use to be, I know defenses have figured him out, I know he can't make some of the throws he use to and I know some Pats fans can't see that. The team will hold onto Tom as long as he wants to stay out of loyalty. I can't say that is right or wrong I just see it happening and I think it will continue to happen. As to his replacement, I think much like the 9ers had to deal with Montana and Miami Marino, there is no clear cur replacement and he will be tough to replace but it's going to have to happen.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, for just one example, he was on the MVP watch lists for Sports Illustrated's TheMMQB writers. I'm not saying that means he's the MVP, but he was in the discussion among the national writers, Yankee Traveler isn't pulling that out of his ass.

The story was, of course, that the only reason the Patriots weren't completely bombing was because of Brady - that his pedestrian numbers would have been really crappy numbers if he was even an average QB just because of how bad the personnel around him were.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, for just one example, he was on the MVP watch lists for Sports Illustrated's TheMMQB writers. I'm not saying that means he's the MVP, but he was in the discussion among the national writers, Yankee Traveler isn't pulling that out of his ass.

The story was, of course, that the only reason the Patriots weren't completely bombing was because of Brady - that his pedestrian numbers would have been really crappy numbers if he was even an average QB just because of how bad the personnel around him were.

So that equates to daily talk of him being MVP? And if they think Brady is the reason the Patriots aren't bombing they have not been watching the Patriots. IMO the run game is what saved our asses this year and some off the bench players stepping up coupled with coaching. The media has always ball washed Brady and always will. Being on a watch list does not equate to being talked about daily, I imagine there are quite a few players that are on the watch list at pre-season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
104.5 The Zone out of Nashville TN has had multiple people on multiple shows mention Brady and MVP due to what has been done with who in New England. Naitionally sindicated shows. Not to mention NFL network, ESPN and Yahoo! Sports.

Time for you to look at the world beyond your moms basement.