• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Brady have anything else left to prove?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spygate? Laughable. The whole thing was laughable at the time as literally every single team did it every week.

What he said. The only reason it became a big deal was that like 90% of the 'national' sports media in the country is headquartered in and around New York.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a system QB who benefited from playing in the single worst division in possibly all of sports. That a guy like Matt Cassell could step in and lead the team to an 11 win season says it all. I think he's a nobody if he played on any other team.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a nobody if he played on any other team.

Lol! There are stupid things to say and then there are asshole things to say like this. Too much.

...oh and the other factor about Spygate that doesn't get stressed enough....Eric Mangina is a colossal pussy!

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemon Harang Pie your a troll go away. Brady is a nobody please. Your just mad because you want to eat a fresh Gisele Bündchen creampie full of Brady seamen. That's your favorite pie.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a system QB who benefited from playing in the single worst division in possibly all of sports. That a guy like Matt Cassell could step in and lead the team to an 11 win season says it all. I think he's a nobody if he played on any other team.

That Matt Cassel is 5 wins worse than Brady (missing the playoffs) with an even better team around him, says it all.

Seriously, that's the difference between a 12-4 season and a 7-9 season. It's the difference between 9-7 and 4-12. It illustrates the enormous talent of that Patriots 2007-2008 squad, but it's a huge falloff.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemon Harang Pie your a troll go away. Brady is a nobody please. Your just mad because you want to eat a fresh Gisele Bündchen creampie full of Brady seamen. That's your favorite pie.

Also: eurgh that mental image /vomit

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Brady was in the Navy!

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to tone it down just a little with seamen rather than semen.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because something that all of the leagues QBs have/had access to is soooo beneficial

As of right now Brady is looking up at one and only one QB and that is Montana. If he wins a ring (or two) before he does retire, that will be the end all be all in the discussion. As far as right now, with the current crop of QBs and the QBs of his generation, he is the greatest.

So then he is not the GOAT! Some people on this board act as if being second to Montana is horrific or out of the question

I pretty much said that! And if you think what the Pats did in relation to Spygate was the same things all teams did this conversation is over.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then he is not the GOAT! Some people on this board act as if being second to Montana is horrific or out of the question

I pretty much said that! And if you think what the Pats did in relation to Spygate was the same things all teams did this conversation is over.

All teams film. Most (like the Jets) follow the procedures and NFL policies. NE did not and were warned, they continued to buck and were fined.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stealing signals in baseball is a tradition and considered a normal part of the game...Belichick took it as far as he could in the NFL but it was blown out of proportion by pencil-necked geeks and haters who freaked out over it. The NFL sent a MEMO to all teams telling them filming wasn't permitted ...a MEMO...Goodell came down hard on the Pats because it was in the National spotlight and the NFL's antitrust status came into the conversation. Don't forget what that Steeler fan Senator Arlen Specter said:

"I am very concerned about the underlying facts on the taping, the reasons for the judgment on the limited penalties and, most of all, on the inexplicable destruction of the tapes," Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., wrote Thursday in a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
The story was first reported by The New York Times.
Specter, the top Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the matter could put the league's antitrust exemption at risk. In a telephone interview with the Times on Thursday, he said the committee at some point will call Goodell to address the antitrust exemption as well as the destruction of the tapes.
"Their antitrust exemption has been on my mind for a long time," he said in a Capitol Hill news conference Friday.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Matt Cassel is 5 wins worse than Brady (missing the playoffs) with an even better team around him, says it all.

Seriously, that's the difference between a 12-4 season and a 7-9 season. It's the difference between 9-7 and 4-12. It illustrates the enormous talent of that Patriots 2007-2008 squad, but it's a huge falloff.

Except the Patriots wouldn't have gone 16-0 that season.

Any other team that lost an "elite" QB would have been done for. The Patriots win double digits with Matt Cassel. I think that says it all.

I think this year says it all. For the first time in his career he wasn't surrounded by elite wide outs/tight ends and his numbers were terrible this year. He was a complete non-factor last game. Matt Cassel might as well have been handing the ball off.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what they would have done. Without Brady the most potent offense in the NFL became mediocre and they missed the playoffs.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what they would have done. Without Brady the most potent offense in the NFL became mediocre and they missed the playoffs.

I don't know what they would have done but you know they would have won 16 games?

:rollseyes:

Elite QB's go down on occasion. I've never seen an elite QB go down for an entire season and a team still win 11 games. Just look what happened in Indy with Manning or earlier in the season in Green Bay with Rodgers.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that with the same team they dropped 7 wins from the previous year. That team was stacked.

You haven't seen a team that was that dominant the year before lose an elite QB, period. It's a rare situation.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as what Brady has left to prove, he still has the competitive fire in hid belly and, although he denies it, I think the fact that some of his detractors point to "Spygate" as the reason he was the QB on 3 championship teams. Brady's attitude is summed up by a quote he made several years ago. He talked about a long time assistant coach or trainer at Michigan who Brady asked, "what is your favorite championship season"? The answer was "the next one". That is Brady's attitude.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what they would have done but you know they would have won 16 games?

:rollseyes:

Elite QB's go down on occasion. I've never seen an elite QB go down for an entire season and a team still win 11 games. Just look what happened in Indy with Manning or earlier in the season in Green Bay with Rodgers.

Green Bay still made the playoffs; Indy had been trending down in wins every year for years due to just horrific roster management.

The New England team that Cassel took to 11 wins was probably the single most stacked roster in the salary cap era.