• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Does Bosa Play For The Chargers This Year?

Does Bosa Play For The Chargers This Year?

• He signs a contract before week one

• He signs a contract after week one

• He doesn't sign a contract and re-enters the draft

• He enjoys a nice bowl of potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Bosa was a wasted pick.

#bust

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lots poorly run organizations in the NFL and yes things can change quickly. Still I consider the Chargers the least desirable place for a player to land.
I'd consider it near the very top despite Dean Spanos.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the NFL thinks the Chargers run their org like morons.

NFL GMs Laughing at Chargers for Ruining Bosa's Rookie Season

Never trust ANYTHING without a name attached to it.

The best thing the Chargers can do is not throw good after bad. Save the Money, it gets rolled over each year, this guy was always going to be a bust. If the #3 overall pick is wasted fine, it happens, but to then waste millions in cap space makes no sense. 99.9% of the time teams do not get this much insight into the character of a person before handing over money.

Next year when he is drafted in the 4th round, he MIGHT make it as a situational back up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never trust ANYTHING without a name attached to it.

The best thing the Chargers can do is not throw good after bad. Save the Money, it gets rolled over each year, this guy was always going to be a bust. If the #3 overall pick is wasted fine, it happens, but to then waste millions in cap space makes no sense. 99.9% of the time teams do not get this much insight into the character of a person before handing over money.

Next year when he is drafted in the 4th round, he MIGHT make it as a situational back up.

#3 picks are awarded because your team is fucking horrible. Wasting that should piss off any Charger fan. I don't see why anyone thinks he's just going to bust, he was the best pass rusher in the country two years running, he can play inside and outside, and he has probably the block shedding hands we've seen since Watt was drafted. If the Chargers are fine with wasting the pick because they view him as a bust, I would cancel my season tix if I was a Charger fan. What a horrible way to run an org, par for the course though.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I’m blown away,” Spanos said. “At all costs I wanted to avoid going down this road. They made it overly clear we had no other option." - John Spanos
Must be that Joey Bosa doesn't want to be a Charger

Evidently John Spanos and I have different understanding of "at all cost". If he flew down there, he should have paid the kid what he wanted, and included the offset language like Bosa was willing to accept. Instead of having his prized 3rd overall in camp, now both parties look bad (Chargers looks worse at this point).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just signed.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the Chargers didn't disclose details of the contract with this announcement. Wonder who 'won'.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully guaranteed when? Does he get it all right away as he wanted, or is it split like the Chargers wanted?

The reality is both probably cracked because the Chargers said they were taking the deal off the table...that probably spurred Bosa/agent to take the original deal.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is both probably cracked because the Chargers said they were taking the deal off the table...that probably spurred Bosa/agent to take the original deal.
Are you just assuming that's the case, or have you seen it reported that's what happened?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just assuming that's the case, or have you seen it reported that's what happened?

Assuming...there are enough reports out there now stating largest SD signing bonus ever, but still some deferred and offset language is in place.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming...there are enough reports out there now stating largest SD signing bonus ever, but still some deferred and offset language is in place.
But it doesn't say anywhere that it was the same deal that the Chargers supposedly pulled off the table. My guess is that the Chargers "best" offer wasn't really their best offer after all.