• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do pro athletes do this regularly

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said that I have been a fan of Peyton's since Tennessee. My exact words were "I can think he's a douche because of it if I wish as well", which clearly means I think it is a douche move. If Magic does it, it's a douche move on his part as well. Lots of things that Kobe does are douche moves. Doesn't make any of them exclusively dbags in my eyes. Everyone has faults.

I am sorry when you said "I can think HE'S a douche" because of signing, I thought you meant that to say HE'S a douche, not that it was a douchy thing to do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that long incoherent babble I tend to disagree. Athletes who beg for money should be ones who need it.

Peyton has never begged for money. He was presented with a money making opportunity and he took it. Lots of these athletes are given opportunities outside of playing sports to make money and take it. That is why we see so many on commercials. That is why so many invest in different products or organizations. I mean how many of these guys have invested in rap labels? Seems like every year a new one joins and then goes bankrupt a couple of years after they are out of the league. They invest in restaurants. Heck Elway probably made his biggest money not from playing but from a car dealership that he started. I guess I just don't see the problem for even the richest of athletes to continue to find ways to make money beyond just their contract.

Just because a job pays you enough to live off of doesn't mean that you can't pursue other opportunities to actually grow your worth. Heck my job makes enough that my wife probably wouldn't even need to work if she didn't want to. Beyond that though we both are EMT's. I also coach golf and get paid decently for that. Then we both coach soccer and make some money off of that as well. Am I being greedy by taking on these other opportunities when I am set by just one of them?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a dbag move for athletes as rich as him

Not sure about this particular event, but often times the money does not go to the athlete and it's a charity appearance by them, where the proceeds from the event go to the charity.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Beg for money"

"Soaking the fans"

GTFO with that bullshit.

People willingly pay for some face time and memorabilia from a great player. They're willing to fork over the cash to make sure their kid can meet their favorite player. Small price for that kind of memory for a kid. And if you're an adult doing it for yourself? Then you deserve to overpay, because you're either a loser or a scammer looking to flip the memorabilia.

Would you prefer he charged $10, had 30,000 people show up, and leave a bunch of them disappointed because they waited all day only to run out of time?