• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team make the Blue Blood list?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so??? Oregon NEVER HAS.

My father is still alive and I got to experience those titles through him. Then I grew up watching those players kicking tail in the pros. Oh, and I'm a fan of more sports than cfb and cbb, so my team has won LOTS of Natl Titles in my lifetime, in lots of sports.

Has yours? I mean, maybe you are a Cross Country fan? lol

I relish the Rose Bowl wins... something else that hasn't happened in your lifetime...LOLOLOLOL

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a listing of the Top 100 cfb teams of all-time a few weeks back. It was some mathematical formula so there were a few strange inclusions on the list as the guy who posted the list admitted. But what I remember is that there was NOT ONE SINGLE Oregon team that made the list, while the Gophers got 6 teams onto the list.

lol

You see ESPNs list of the 150 best CFB teams of all time?

Minnesota made the list twice, #127 (1904 Minnesota) and #141 (1941 Minnesota) with 6 total mentions. None inside the top 25.... ahem, 125.

What do you think about that? You think the SECSPN 5 Cartel is keeping Minnesota down?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I relish the Rose Bowl wins... something else that hasn't happened in your lifetime...LOLOLOLOL

Dude, you relish consolation prizes if you like. I got to watch my team perform a MIRACLE ON ICE, after watching them win 3 Natl Titles in the 70s. Also enjoyed watching the bb team win a couple Big Ten Titles in the 70s as well. Then I enjoyed watching those players dominate the NFL, the NHL and the NBA, oh, and MLB, too.

Also enjoyed watching all the All-Star wrestlers from Minnesota kicking tail. And the college team win 3 Natl Titles.

And then there is the Women's hockey team that won 7 Natl Titles and helped the women win the Gold Medal just recently. Oh, did I forget to mention how fun it was to see the Men's Golf team come back from almost being eliminated to winning the whole damn Tournament?

But you wouldn't know, I guess, unless you like Cross Country or something? lol

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see ESPNs list of the 150 best CFB teams of all time?

Minnesota made the list twice, #127 (1904 Minnesota) and #141 (1941 Minnesota) with 6 total mentions. None inside the top 25.... ahem, 125.

What do you think about that? You think the SECSPN 5 Cartel is keeping Minnesota down?

ESPN? People still watch that? I gave up on ESPN when they bought into SJW bs. But wait, made the list twice/ 6 total mentions? Which is it, did they make the list twice, or 6 times?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The various stages of Fred talking about Minnesota football..

2004-Trollls.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you relish consolation prizes if you like. I got to watch my team perform a MIRACLE ON ICE, after watching them win 3 Natl Titles in the 70s. Also enjoyed watching the bb team win a couple Big Ten Titles in the 70s as well. Then I enjoyed watching those players dominate the NFL, the NHL and the NBA, oh, and MLB, too.

Also enjoyed watching all the All-Star wrestlers from Minnesota kicking tail. And the college team win 3 Natl Titles.

And then there is the Women's hockey team that won 7 Natl Titles and helped the women win the Gold Medal just recently. Oh, did I forget to mention how fun it was to see the Men's Golf team come back from almost being eliminated to winning the whole damn Tournament?

Did I forget to mention how much fun I had watching the 1989 team make that cinderella run to the Sweet 16, and then the 1990 team make that run one missed last second shot from the Final Four. I know it's legit, I was at that game. Then the Final Four run in 1997. Hell, I even enjoyed the 1993 and 1998 NIT Title runs, too.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska?

5-7
4-8
4-8

That's what we call relevant eh? lol

38 > 28

Sad that more people would rather watch us?

And if you want to point out losing seasons... since 1900... Nebraska has had 25 seasons where they finished with a sub .500 record. Minnesota has had 42.

Again, you go for the low hanging fruit, just like the sad ass Michigan fans. No one denies that Nebraska has been bad recently.

Fun Fact: This is Nebraskas worst decade since the 50's... Nebraskas record on the decade is 75-54. Minnesotas is 66-61.

You call that relevant eh?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nebraska games got on non-B1G Network TV more than Minnesota games did this year?

If that is true. NU owes an apology to the fans.

Idk if true, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

And yes, Scott Frost did apologize to the fans. He needs to get it together.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that more people would rather watch us?

And if you want to point out losing seasons... since 1900... Nebraska has had 25 seasons where they finished with a sub .500 record. Minnesota has had 42.

Again, you go for the low hanging fruit, just like the sad ass Michigan fans. No one denies that Nebraska has been bad recently.

Fun Fact: This is Nebraskas worst decade since the 50's... Nebraskas record on the decade is 75-54. Minnesotas is 66-61.

You call that relevant eh?

Dude, you played in a conf that was made up of HALF creampuffs, so how hard was it to avoid a losing season? lol Give me a break dude.

And no 16-17 year old gives a rats ass how good Nebraska was in the 70s, the 90s or ten years ago. They care how good Frost is doing and how well he is projected to do.

So 4-8, 4-8, 5-7 are VERY relevant.

Especially when you compare UMn's recruiting rankings to Nebraska's during the years that would most affect those last 3 seasons.

NU WAY outrecruited Minnesota, yet Minnesota WAY outperformed Nebraska. But now UMn is catching up to Nebraska in recruiting, so have fun trying to catch us now, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grinnell, was a part of your conference for what, like 20 years? Washington of Missouri or something like that? Drake??? I mean, come on man. And then Kansas and KSU have historically been creampuffs their entire existences, basically, cept for a few rare seasons. Before the Gophers robbed KU of their cfb coach, lol. And before NDSU popped KSU's bubble.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't the hockey forum. Oregon has plenty of titles in other sports. At least if you stick to football, you can claim superiority from your great-grandfathers time.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the hockey forum. Oregon has plenty of titles in other sports. At least if you stick to football, you can claim superiority from your great-grandfathers time.

Yeah, like I said, if you enjoy watching cross country meets, you are in business!!

I'll just have to settle for exciting hockey games, lol.

7 cfb Titles.
7 ws hk Titles, 6 NCAA.
6 Ms hk Titles, 5 NCAA.
8 wr Duals tourney Titles.
3 wr NCAA titles.
3 Bb NCAA titles.
3 BB titles
1 Ms Golf Title
1 Ms T&F Title
19 Dance Team Titles.

Sorry, nothing Oregon can claim interests me in the least. And I ran CC in high school, too. We got like 15 fans per meet, all family members. lol

When CC athletes form a professional league and start making millions of dollars a year, well, I still won't be interested but I'd at least have a little more respect for your school doing well in that sport.