• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team make the Blue Blood list?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually more than willing to drag this shit out, but I'm getting bored and impatient myself, so I might rush the 2nd phase some, and skip any of the phase 1 shit I may have missed.

So phase 2, well, RADAR. UMners were very prominent and significant in it's development.

Merle Tuve - Wikipedia

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No necessarily, I just think someone that is trolling doesn’t totally believe all the nonsense they are spewing. Someone who believes that isn’t trolling, they are being a delusional homers.

You can continue to believe you are stringing me along while I keep calling your opinion out. An then your only response is to bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic to make yourself feel better and to make the university you support look good.

I believe everything I post, ralphie. Maybe if you were a graduate of a REAL university, you could comprehend what a real university does? But you obviously are not, so....

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually more than willing to drag this shit out, but I'm getting bored and impatient myself, so I might rush the 2nd phase some, and skip any of the phase 1 shit I may have missed.

So phase 2, well, RADAR. UMners were very prominent and significant in it's development.

Merle Tuve - Wikipedia

You realize it wasn't just Radar he contributed to, but a VERY significant development, the Proximity Fuse, which had a very significant effect on warfare in WW2.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe everything I post, ralphie. Maybe if you were a graduate of a REAL university, you could comprehend what a real university does? But you obviously are not, so....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha you are trying to claim a branch of MinnyU is a real univeristy???

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, see now that’s a good troll.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was really starting to think highly of you to... then you go and act like a 'Michigan-fan'.

May not realize it because there is nothing to realize.

I typed a really long response here, but deleted it because I can't even be mad. It had all these gopher references, it would have been hilarious, but I couldn't go through with it and be happy with myself. Picking on the weak is not something I'm into. You're like that special ed kid that just wants to be cool. I feel ya dawg, but this graphic says it all.

View attachment 231673

At least with Michigan, I have to explain away shit so people can see how fake of a blue blood they are... with Minnesota, no one thinks that so I don't even need to do that.

But on the bright side, you guys will always have the era of the Great Depression:thumb:.
Was the Big 8 really a big boys conference though?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk Women's VB, then I'll show your school the respect it deserves, but otherwise, in cbb UMn has you beat, right now, in the recent past, and all-time it's not even close. In football, well, all-time it's not as close as you think, and recently, well, let me know when you become relevant again, because right now, you aren't. Just saying.
You're so right, Karen. I forget how relevant those pre-WWI wins are for yourn program.
Winsipedia - Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers football series history

giphy.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so right, Karen. I forget how relevant those pre-WWI wins are for yourn program.
Winsipedia - Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers football series history

giphy.gif

Oh, I see how you are, moving the goalposts, lol. Sign of weakness, imo.

So, POST World War 1, we're still tied at 25 wins each. And UMn still has more recognized Natl Titles and more NFL Hall of Famers than NU. And remember, I've never said UMn was better all-time than Nebraska, I simply said it was closer than you or most people think it is.

25 head to head wins = 25 head to head wins
7 Natl Titles > 5 Natl Titles
7 NFL HOFers > 5 NFL HOFers(or did you get another one this year?)

NU wins most other comparisons, but why? Some of it definitely is because Nebraska was a very dominant program in the later 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. But playing the likes of Drake, Grinnell & Washington Missouri up til 1928, and Kansas, KSU, Iowa St & Okla St in cfb every year from 1929 to 2012 was it?, is basically 4 or more creampuff conf matchups every season. And it's not like Missouri was all that great cept when a former Maroon and Golder was coaching them.

But you want to know something there Ginger, recruits nowadays have very short attention spans. Last 5 years UMn's won 10 more games than Nebraska has. And if you think recruits have longer memories well, how far back do you have to go to find a Nebraska team that lost FEWER than 4 games? 2003? UMn went 10-3 that year, too. And our 8-5 record in 2002 was better than NU's 7-7 record, so you have to go all the way back to 2001, so basically BEFORE ANY OF TODAYS RECRUITS WERE BORN, to get to a season where Nebraska had a season equivalent to the Gopher's most recent season!!!

And UMn has a fairly new stadium and a brand new Practice Facility to show off.

38 wins last 5 yrs for UMn & brand new Practice Facility > 28 wins for Nebraska.

38 > 28.

That makes UMn FAR MORE RELEVANT than Nebraska. RIGHT NOW!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see how you are, moving the goalposts, lol. Sign of weakness, imo.

So, POST World War 1, we're still tied at 25 wins each. And UMn still has more recognized Natl Titles and more NFL Hall of Famers than NU. And remember, I've never said UMn was better all-time than Nebraska, I simply said it was closer than you or most people think it is.

25 head to head wins = 25 head to head wins
7 Natl Titles > 5 Natl Titles
7 NFL HOFers > 5 NFL HOFers(or did you get another one this year?)

NU wins most other comparisons, but why? Some of it definitely is because Nebraska was a very dominant program in the later 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. But playing the likes of Drake, Grinnell & Washington Missouri up til 1928, and Kansas, KSU, Iowa St & Okla St in cfb every year from 1929 to 2012 was it?, is basically 4 or more creampuff conf matchups every season. And it's not like Missouri was all that great cept when a former Maroon and Golder was coaching them.

But you want to know something there Ginger, recruits nowadays have very short attention spans. Last 5 years UMn's won 10 more games than Nebraska has. And if you think recruits have longer memories well, how far back do you have to go to find a Nebraska team that lost FEWER than 4 games? 2003? UMn went 10-3 that year, too. And our 8-5 record in 2002 was better than NU's 7-7 record, so you have to go all the way back to 2001, so basically BEFORE ANY OF TODAYS RECRUITS WERE BORN, to get to a season where Nebraska had a season equivalent to the Gopher's most recent season!!!

And UMn has a fairly new stadium and a brand new Practice Facility to show off.

38 wins last 5 yrs for UMn & brand new Practice Facility > 28 wins for Nebraska.

38 > 28.

That makes UMn FAR MORE RELEVANT than Nebraska. RIGHT NOW!
TL;DR

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gophers winning 38 games the last 5 years is not better than Nebraska only winning 28? lol

And UMn did that with recruit classes that avg #56 from 2015-2017 classes, while NU's avg that same period was #26.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers winning 38 games the last 5 years is not better than Nebraska only winning 28? lol

And UMn did that with recruit classes that avg #56 from 2015-2017 classes, while NU's avg that same period was #26.
Goalposts err some such shite.
giphy.gif

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone garnering less than 50% of the votes is not a true Blue Blood. Between 33% & 49% could be considered Approaching Blue Blood status; anything below that is just a Blue Blood Wanna-Be.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of those facts show the OBVIOUS fact that UMn has superior coaching.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not reallyyy a shock you didn’t understand that.

Ohh but wait, you’re just trolling.

What you posted didn't make any sense, unless you ASSumed that my merely going to UMn-Duluth meant that is where I got my degree from? lol Oh, I get it now, you are an idiot that makes ignorance based assumptions.

And knowing how badly WVU is ranked academically, it wouldn't shock me if UMn-Duluth was more of a real university than WVU is.

I know that UMn-Duluth has more NCAA Titles in Men's sports than WVU does. They've got a couple Football Natl Titles, too, and almost as many NFL Hall of Famers as WVU has, lol.