• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did your team make the Blue Blood list?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said, if you enjoy watching cross country meets, you are in business!!

I'll just have to settle for exciting hockey games, lol.

19 Dance Team Titles.

Sorry, nothing Oregon can claim interests me in the least. And I ran CC in high school, too. We got like 15 fans per meet, all family members. lol

When CC athletes form a professional league and start making millions of dollars a year, well, I still won't be interested but I'd at least have a little more respect for your school doing well in that sport.

giphy.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you played in a conf that was made up of HALF creampuffs, so how hard was it to avoid a losing season? lol Give me a break dude.

And no 16-17 year old gives a rats ass how good Nebraska was in the 70s, the 90s or ten years ago. They care how good Frost is doing and how well he is projected to do.

So 4-8, 4-8, 5-7 are VERY relevant.

Especially when you compare UMn's recruiting rankings to Nebraska's during the years that would most affect those last 3 seasons.

NU WAY outrecruited Minnesota, yet Minnesota WAY outperformed Nebraska. But now UMn is catching up to Nebraska in recruiting, so have fun trying to catch us now, lol.

Half cream puffs? And the B1G was what, worldbeaters?

Since the AP poll, the Big10 won 10 championships... the Big 8 also won 10. Difference being that we had two fewer teams. How hard is it to avoid a losing season when the only team you had to worry about was Ohio St?

Not to mention that there have been times in history where 50% of the Big 8 finished ranked inside the top 10. How many times has the B1G done that? This isn't a diss, I would seriously like to know being as how Ohio St is really the only consistent team in the conference.

Catching up in recruiting... what would give you that idea? From rivals....

Class of 2018
Minnesota - 43
Nebraska - 24

Class of 2019
Minnesota - 41
Nebraska - 15

Class of 2020
Minnesota - 38
Nebraska - 17

So it looks like more kids care about what Nebraska did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's than what Minnesota is doing now. And dude calm down, Minnesota has had 1... ONE... decent year in which everyone was congratulating and giving praise. And there is no reason to think it will stick around being as how Minnesotas last double digit season was in 2003... time before that? .......you ready.... 19-0-fucking-5. From before the fucking pass was legal. Get the fuck outta here with this "relevancy" nonsense - you're a wannabe blue blood, who has let one recent good season go to his head.

Just so you are aware, Frost has gone 4-8 and 5-7 since being at Nebraska. The other 2017 (4-8) was Mike Rileys last year. Not good, but still technically improving in terms of record.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing, I wish Nebraska had a hockey team. I would love to watch that.

@fredsdeadfriend have I ever introduced you to my UCFriend, @UCFhonors. He also knows what it is like for the SECSPN5 cartel to hold his team back.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Yeah I did! Do you know how many colleges participate in Dance and Cheer Competition? More than participate in possibly any other sport out there.

Just because you don't have a single sport that can come even close to matching that.

btw, did you miss the part where I mentioned

SEVEN FOOTBALL Titles?
SIX HOCKEY Titles?
THREE BASEBALL Titles?
THREE BASKETBALL Titles?
THREE WRESTLING Title?

lol Oh, but you have Cross Country, so we should all bow down to mighty Nike, I mean, Oregon???

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State not being blue blood makes zero sense, to be frank.
Penn State has a consistent side of winning unlike Nebraska & USC.

But we have ourselves to blame, if we were in a conference sooner PSU would've had more chances to prove their worth.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Yeah I did! Do you know how many colleges participate in Dance and Cheer Competition? More than participate in possibly any other sport out there.

Just because you don't have a single sport that can come even close to matching that.

btw, did you miss the part where I mentioned

SEVEN FOOTBALL Titles?
SIX HOCKEY Titles?
THREE BASEBALL Titles?
THREE BASKETBALL Titles?
THREE WRESTLING Title?

lol Oh, but you have Cross Country, so we should all bow down to mighty Nike, I mean, Oregon???

Keep touting those dance team championships...you're the only one who cares.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State not being blue blood makes zero sense, to be frank.
Penn State has a consistent side of winning unlike Nebraska & USC.

But we have ourselves to blame, if we were in a conference sooner PSU would've had more chances to prove their worth.
OblongRewardingAztecant-small.gif

Or are you just trolling because nothing you said makes any sense.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep touting those dance team championships...you're the only one who cares.

And I win,

19 Dance Team Natl Titles &
6 Football Natl Titles.

Along with 6 chk, 3 Cbb, 3 CBb, and 3 CWr Natl Titles, along with 7 Women's CHk Natl Titles, a Golf Natl Title and a T&F Natl Title.

All of those sports are MORE REAL, more manly, and more financially lucrative than Cross Country, lol.

And yeah, that includes BOTH Women's Hockey which has it's own professional league, and Dance Team competition, because lots of professional teams employ cheerleaders.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I win,

19 Dance Team Natl Titles &
6 Football Natl Titles.

Along with 6 chk, 3 Cbb, 3 CBb, and 3 CWr Natl Titles, along with 7 Women's CHk Natl Titles, a Golf Natl Title and a T&F Natl Title.

All of those sports are MORE REAL, more manly, and more financially lucrative than Cross Country, lol.

And yeah, that includes BOTH Women's Hockey which has it's own professional league, and Dance Team competition, because lots of professional teams employ cheerleaders.

LMAO at touting Dance Teams...no one gives a shit.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might've wanted to, because your complete sentence is nonsensical and stupid. If you stuttered, that nonsensical and stupid statement could have been an accident.

But ok, I'll bite... explain yourself.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston College leads the all time series against Alabama, better apply this logic to them now.

It isn't about the H2H series even though Nebraska leads it. It is about the fact that Nebraska has more natties, wins, conference championships, bowls, heismans, all-americans,draft picks, weeks ranked, weeks ranked at #1, more P5 victories, etc...

But please tell us how Penn St is more deserving than Nebraska or USC.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to stop by and check out where this thread was going.

I'm leaving now.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't about the H2H series even though Nebraska leads it. It is about the fact that Nebraska has more natties, wins, conference championships, bowls, heismans, all-americans,draft picks, weeks ranked, weeks ranked at #1, more P5 victories, etc...

But please tell us how Penn St is more deserving than Nebraska or USC.
To start off, we need to establish: Consistency =/= all time.

1) Nebraska has had more below .500 seasons in the past 60 years
2) Penn State can easily eclipse Nebraska in terms of all-time wins in just a year or 2.
3) Conference Championships are automatically irrelevant due to the 72-year gap between the two schools in terms of conference joining. And so far in this century, Penn State has outmatched Nebraska 3-0 in terms of conference championships. I couldn't really care for Pre-World War 2 Conference title relics you have. Consistency =/= all time.
4) Imagine bragging about bowl games despite being below .500 for them. Meanwhile, Penn State is ranked 5th all-time for their Bowl Record. To even the playing fields we'll play in the current NY6 (Cotton, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Rose, & Sugar) Bowls, with their record: Penn State 16-7-1 Nebraska 14-19. Clearly, Penn State is more consistent when playing at the actual big games.
5) Nice bragging with draft picks...guess who is more consistent? You guessed it, my man! Penn State! With more first-round draft picks of course. Besides, Penn State can once again eclipse Nebraska in a short time.
6) Bragging about the poll? Really? It's been close to a whopping two decades since Nebraska was a consistent Top 10 team...unlike...Penn State. Since the 60's Penn State has in fact at some point been consistent with being in the Top 10 albeit with hiccups here and there. But the stats still remain.
7) I've already addressed the reason why Penn State doesn't seem to have all these accolades, it's themselves to blame. Penn State has had a whopping five years when they went undefeated yet no national championship went there a way (the only year undefeated w/title was in 1986) but since they were independent, they got negged. And I hope you understand that using NCAA's golden boy Notre Dame as an example simply just doesn't work.

Now now, before you type your response I just wanted to clear up on some things:
1) I'm not saying Nebraska is a bad program nor non-blue blood. They're successful and deserve the praise they get, what I said was simply Penn State is more consistent, unlike Nebraska. And I hoped that I proved that to you.
2) You need to realize with each passing year, your accolades become more worthless. The reason why UM and ND are Blue Bloods is solely prestige and not success. And Nebraska is becoming like them. Completely irrelevant for a while now.
3) And I'm not saying Penn State is a better program, obviously not, but once again more consistent, and that alone puts them in that Blue Blood category.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To start off, we need to establish: Consistency =/= all time.

1) Nebraska has had more below .500 seasons in the past 60 years
2) Penn State can easily eclipse Nebraska in terms of all-time wins in just a year or 2.
3) Conference Championships are automatically irrelevant due to the 72-year gap between the two schools in terms of conference joining. And so far in this century, Penn State has outmatched Nebraska 3-0 in terms of conference championships. I couldn't really care for Pre-World War 2 Conference title relics you have. Consistency =/= all time.
4) Imagine bragging about bowl games despite being below .500 for them. Meanwhile, Penn State is ranked 5th all-time for their Bowl Record. To even the playing fields we'll play in the current NY6 (Cotton, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Rose, & Sugar) Bowls, with their record: Penn State 16-7-1 Nebraska 14-19. Clearly, Penn State is more consistent when playing at the actual big games.
5) Nice bragging with draft picks...guess who is more consistent? You guessed it, my man! Penn State! With more first-round draft picks of course. Besides, Penn State can once again eclipse Nebraska in a short time.
6) Bragging about the poll? Really? It's been close to a whopping two decades since Nebraska was a consistent Top 10 team...unlike...Penn State. Since the 60's Penn State has in fact at some point been consistent with being in the Top 10 albeit with hiccups here and there. But the stats still remain.
7) I've already addressed the reason why Penn State doesn't seem to have all these accolades, it's themselves to blame. Penn State has had a whopping five years when they went undefeated yet no national championship went there a way (the only year undefeated w/title was in 1986) but since they were independent, they got negged. And I hope you understand that using NCAA's golden boy Notre Dame as an example simply just doesn't work.

Now now, before you type your response I just wanted to clear up on some things:
1) I'm not saying Nebraska is a bad program nor non-blue blood. They're successful and deserve the praise they get, what I said was simply Penn State is more consistent, unlike Nebraska. And I hoped that I proved that to you.
2) You need to realize with each passing year, your accolades become more worthless. The reason why UM and ND are Blue Bloods is solely prestige and not success. And Nebraska is becoming like them. Completely irrelevant for a while now.
3) And I'm not saying Penn State is a better program, obviously not, but once again more consistent, and that alone puts them in that Blue Blood category.

But is 94 penn state beating 95 Nebraska?