• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did we do well vs the Raiders

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been at baseball practice all night. I read something about a brawl and Romo not looking too good today

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find much at all about the practice itself. I read that CArter batted down a pass and MCClain had a big hit but other than that nothing. I want to know if our defense looked better

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find much at all about the practice itself. I read that CArter batted down a pass and MCClain had a big hit but other than that nothing. I want to know if our defense looked better

I read where mack did well against Smith. So that sucks for us but good for the raiders,since they have been saying Smith has manhandled everyone so far.

Also read that Martin should only be looked at as a rookie in name only. I guess he is just pancaking people, & forgot who wrote the part but says wouldn't be surprised if Martin is a rookie probowler this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where mack did well against Smith. So that sucks for us but good for the raiders,since they have been saying Smith has manhandled everyone so far.

Also read that Martin should only be looked at as a rookie in name only. I guess he is just pancaking people, & forgot who wrote the part but says wouldn't be surprised if Martin is a rookie probowler this year.

That would be a surprise because even if deserved its tough to crack the OL Pro Bowl roster because you go more by reputation than stats. It would be a nice way to finally help silence some of the draft day knee jerk panic

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a surprise because even if deserved its tough to crack the OL Pro Bowl roster because you go more by reputation than stats. It would be a nice way to finally help silence some of the draft day knee jerk panic

Very true. We've seen it go the other way with Gerode getting into undeserved Pro Bowls. Young OLmen don't get a whole lot of recognition.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Bailey thrives under pressure but he might have felt more nervous at the end of the practice. In order to get the rest of the day off -- and a trip to the beach -- Bailey had to make a long field goal, but he swiped his first attempt wide to the left. He moved back 5 yards, believed to be a 60-yarder. "We didn't want to do that walk-through," Witten said. "But yeah, that was a big kick by Dan. Dan's pretty clutch. He actually moved it back five. It's a pretty gutsy move after a miss to move it back five. That's Bailey for you. He's a guy who's got a lot of confidence."

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer....this guy was a walk on at Stanford and became team captain his senior year. I was pulling for this guy. Hope they wait for first cuts....

OXNARD, Calif. -- Ben Gardner's rookie season with the Dallas Cowboys will end before it can really begin.

Gardner, a seventh-round pick, needs left shoulder surgery that will ultimately land the defensive end on injured reserve. He suffered the injury on July 26 but returned for some work on Aug. 3 only to realize there was not enough strength for him to continue playing. His senior season at Stanford was ended early because of a torn pectoral muscle.

He is the second Cowboys draft pick to need surgery. Second-round defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence had a broken foot repaired and could miss the first three to six regular-season games. The Cowboys were hoping Gardner could be part of the defensive line rotation.

"If the Cowboys place Gardner on injured reserve now he would be subject to waivers and could be claimed by another team. If they wait to the first cut-down date on Aug. 26, they can move him straight to injured reserve.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could have a future here. Was going to be tough to get anything out of him this year with the injury any way, so this isn't a huge deal to me. I agree that we need to make sure he gets to our IR.