• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Senators

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why comment when you abandoned your original statement I'm not playing the talk in circles game.My answer is no Clarkson is not the reason they lost .

If Kovy took that hooking penalty you, I and almost everyone else on planet earth would be shitting all over him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kovy took that hooking penalty you, I and almost everyone else on planet earth would be shitting all over him.

I get on kovy when he turns over the puck on the point or is careless with the puck directly leading to a goal.I do not fault players for penalties that can be killed.And I have also stated kovy belongs on the half boards Oates is responsible for kovy being on the point.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I don't agree with cup often but why is Marty not cutting down the angle on a short handed goal that shouldn't have an opening or challenging the shooter in OT you can't just sit back in the crease and allow players to pick their spot or let sharp angle garbage goals in.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“Not a good penalty in overtime, obviously,” DeBoer said. “You can’t take that and I think he knows better.”

Coach on Clarkson.

“We had them down,” he said. “We know Ottawa’s a good team. They skate well. They do a lot of good things. So, we need to have a better third. But the bottom line is that penalty at the end cost us and I’ve got to be smarter than that.”

Clarkson on himself.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Not a good penalty in overtime, obviously,” DeBoer said. “You can’t take that and I think he knows better.”

Coach on Clarkson.

“We had them down,” he said. “We know Ottawa’s a good team. They skate well. They do a lot of good things. So, we need to have a better third. But the bottom line is that penalty at the end cost us and I’ve got to be smarter than that.”

Clarkson on himself.

That proves nothing other than Clarkson being a class act hell I would be willing to bet he would take responsibility for the goals Marty ,kovys bad play on the point or several other mistakes he is a team player.Personally I think your pinning the game on one play us rediculous it was a series of events that led to the loss not one play by one player.For someone who loves analyzing everything i would think you would be more prone to look at the if picture.This also isn't the first time you jumped at the chance to point the finger at Clarkson.Hell you were practically pushing him out the door earlier this season

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this one on Marty, while he did make big saves... he makes the save on the second goal the rest of this shit doesn't happen..... I am tired of Marty letting in at least 1 soft goal every game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this one on Marty, while he did make big saves... he makes the save on the second goal the rest of this shit doesn't happen..... I am tired of Marty letting in at least 1 soft goal every game

IMO it I would rather see a player take a penalty while playing aggressive than see a goalie laying back in the net or a forward or defensemen make a poor decision with the puck or float around like they don't care.No matter what Clarkson or DeBoer say this was far more on Marty than clarkson

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This... I agree... that SHG was just horrible.... how many of these is he gonna let in... and its not just this year.... that shot has been hounding him since the Canes playoff disaster.... horrible angle, bad shot, goes in all the time... its just lately that it seems to be a goal like that every game... I thought the Clarkson penalty was tick tacky for OT, but it is what it is... and by the way... Marty was set for that OT goal... if you watch the replay... he just let it by... he wasnt sliding over or anything there was just alot of daylight in the position he was in.... watch the replay...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty has played extremely well of late.. a vast improvement.

However, as much as Tg may relish in it, that was a shorty that had no fucking business going in.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ur right marty was there and set in time. Just wish he was a little more agressive and outside the paint

Did Marty take any blame?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol good old marty....saying he wasn't expecting a quick shot? Glad to know only the slow ones he can stop. I did give him credit he does say he shouldve made the save....but then he says it might have hit a stick lol has to get thst last bit in to excuse himself. Just man up and say it was a bad goal it was on me...instead he has clarkson there taking blame for the penalty when it shouldnt even got that far!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ur right marty was there and set in time. Just wish he was a little more agressive and outside the paint

Did Marty take any blame?

The old Marty reared his ugly head :dhd:

Last edited by a moderator:

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stupid penalty to take by Clarkson imo. Whether it's killable or not doesn't make a difference. Still can't take a penalty like that.

As far as Marty goes can't even be bothered to continue going on about him, could be his last season with us so just letting it go now. Obviously he isn't what he used to be but it is what it is.

I will say i agree with what cup said in another post in that until Marty is gone i don't think the organization can move forward.

And we can blame Clarkson or Marty but honestly it's Oates that should be under more fire over this ridiculous situation we have with this PP.