• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G49 23-15-10 Kings vs McJesus 2/10/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not expecting much different than what we have been seeing for 2 months but would be nice to see the Kings get Hiller a win against the Oilers in his HC debut. They'll have a few extra skaters on the ice today in black and white, not going to help matters any. 7pm start time, I'll be prepping the house and stuff for my Super Bowl party tomorrow and watching the game.

Kings are in WC1 with 56 points, Blues are in WC2 also with 56 but have played 2 more games. There's a logjam developing, only 5 points separates WC1 and 12th in the conference (Blues, Flames, Preds, Kraken and Wild all in that 5 point group). Unbelievable this is where we're at after all the moves and money spent.

Can't do anything about it now except play better completely down the stretch, I just hope they arent gassed come April if they do manage to make it and then peter out in the WCQFs - but they made their bed. Make it happen starting tonight.

Let's Go Kings!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of glass half-fulled it the other day. Lost like 16 of 18, which is, essentially, a full quarter of the season just straight losing, and somehow still sit in a playoff spot is actually kind of impressive. Record setting road win streak helped obviously.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of glass half-fulled it the other day. Lost like 16 of 18, which is, essentially, a full quarter of the season just straight losing, and somehow still sit in a playoff spot is actually kind of impressive. Record setting road win streak helped obviously.

Road record absolutely helped but so did the easy peasy schedule until Jan 1. Lot of days off between games so they were fresh, both Vegas and Edmonton hitting extended skids, etc.

What concerns me is that teams like Edmonton were brutal to start the season but turned it around, the Kings started hot and faded. Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vegas went on some good runs, hoping that returns for the Kings and they get back into this, create some separation.

Biggest thing is baby steps, but they don't have a lot of time left to take a month to get going again.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road record absolutely helped but so did the easy peasy schedule until Jan 1. Lot of days off between games so they were fresh, both Vegas and Edmonton hitting extended skids, etc.

What concerns me is that teams like Edmonton were brutal to start the season but turned it around, the Kings started hot and faded. Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vegas went on some good runs, hoping that returns for the Kings and they get back into this, create some separation.

Biggest thing is baby steps, but they don't have a lot of time left to take a month to get going again.
Ya, start with winning a shift, period then close out a game....

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irs it not on that nhl66 link you guys gave me?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of market it's on NHLN, locally BSW. Don't know why it wouldn't be on 66.

Not a bad first period, seemed like a lot more effort than in a while. Perry is still a douche.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0....could say McJesus's got the Kings where they want em

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be 2-1
Lucky for the quick whistle

I don't think that would have counted anyway if they challenged, too much time passed between Rittich sitting on it and it squriting out.

Oilers have controlled parts of this game, but Kings have been opportunist. About freaking time the roles were reversed.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster having a great game, that pass to Lewis was great and right place right time on his goal right now.

Kings playing with a sense of urgency this game we haven't seen in a while. Not a perfect game, they've been hemmed in a lot but it's a start.

3-0 but plenty of time left. Hope they stay aggressive but lock this down.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings undefeated in February
Oilers played yesterday but they have been on a roll.
Kings have been also but it has been downhill.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of douchebags, refusing to give the game puck to Buster for either Hiller's first win as an NHL coach or Rittich for his SO and first as a King.

I see they haven't completely lost everything Shwarmy Jay taught them.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda watched some recaps. Looks likeKings mixed it up some mid 3rd and earlier here and there....add a couple big saves from Dave and they held a lead....crazy

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of douchebags, refusing to give the game puck to Buster for either Hiller's first win as an NHL coach or Rittich for his SO and first as a King.

I see they haven't completely lost everything Shwarmy Jay taught them.
I cant remember the whole story but I remember Pronger doing something similar in a playoff game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant remember the whole story but I remember Pronger doing something similar in a playoff game.

Was definitely Pronger in the finals against Chicago. I can't remember which game.

Whelp, I had to know, so I looked it up. Apparently he stole the pucks after both Game 1 & 2 losses in Chicago. This article is about an angry Chicago attorney filing a lawsuit against Pronger for grand theft of both bucks, arguing it's part of Chicago's history and would be worth multi-thousands.

*Link won't post for some reason, But it's the first Bleacher Report article when you google "Chris Pronger stealing puck Chicago"

This article alleges that he still had the puck from Game 2 and was going to sell it, use proceeds to give to charity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The craziest part of Pronger was that he was 6'6 and really mean, but then he had a size 7 1/2 shoe. Like these crazy baby feet, which was crazy.

This was was funny when I looked up this shoe size:

1707773273459.png