• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Senators

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fast Start. Holy Crap. These sens are stupidly fast skaters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez god forbid we get a goal there.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Captain just saved the game with that backcheck.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they are kinda funny.

They say its really special to come back against the devils in the 3rd period. Really special events must happen weekly in ottawa

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well this one hurts.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Oates still have a job.. we now give up more shg then score on the pp..... and Marty looks like he feels he must let every shot in if they are on the pp, it's insane horrible goal to tie this game

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got to put most of this loss on Clarkson unfortunately. Sure he wasn't at fault for the two goals, but the Devils were crushing the Sens for most of the OT and that a dumbass penalty to take. That was old Clarkson rearing it's ugly head.

I thought the replay clearly and totally showed that he hooked the Sens player's hand.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see putting the bulk of the blame on Clarkson nor will I ever understand why people are so quick to turn on him.He has been one of the few players that show up every game ,has outperformed most of the team and that was a very offhand call to make in OT.If anything the bulk of the blame should go to our power play Oates should be fired and Kovy is not a point man.But I suppose its easier to place the blame on Clarkson than the 100 million dollar man.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't see putting the bulk of the blame on Clarkson nor will I ever understand why people are so quick to turn on him.He has been one of the few players that show up every game ,has outperformed most of the team and that was a very offhand call to make in OT.If anything the bulk of the blame should go to our power play Oates should be fired and Kovy is not a point man.But I suppose its easier to place the blame on Clarkson than the 100 million dollar man.

RE that call, I said the second I saw it that he was going to the box.

I'm not turning on him at all. I'm just saying that's a STUPID penalty to take in that situation. The sens were going to be dumping that puck for a line change anyway. The Devils had momentum. Physical hustle isn't the only thing that's important. CLarkson was he most direct reason for that loss. Not that I think the team should be let off the hook for the two 3rd period goals.

In fact, I think Clarkson played a great game to that point.

Kovy is excellent shooting from that side offensively. We didn't give up the SHGs last year when Kovy was playing the position so that's not the only reason. Not saying I know what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
first off why have i not seen one single blame put on marty? i agree clarkson penalty was bad but the game wasnt over just because he took it. not only was the 2nd goal total crap...but i think marty on that 3rd one has to come out and take down that angle. if you watch the replay he is still in the paint

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
first off why have i not seen one single blame put on marty? i agree clarkson penalty was bad but the game wasnt over just because he took it. not only was the 2nd goal total crap...but i think marty on that 3rd one has to come out and take down that angle. if you watch the replay he is still in the paint

Not faulting Marty for not being to stop a wrister from 8 feet. He can't go much further out or any pass has him so far out it's an insta goal. Marty was also really good in this game anyway.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not turning on him at all. I'm just saying that's a STUPID penalty to take in that situation. The sens were going to be dumping that puck for a line change anyway. The Devils had momentum. Physical hustle isn't the only thing that's important. CLarkson was he most direct reason for that loss. Not that I think the team should be let off the hook for the two 3rd period goals.

If not for Clarkson's goal the devils walk out without a point our pp allowed the game to get to OT. If we are gauging games off of one play there are several other plays and players who are just as much at fault .One mistake by Clarkson on a call that is not normally made in OT does not equal the many careless mistakes kovy has made with the puck that have directly led to goals against yet you have no problem making a comment about Clarkson.As far as singling players out if your going to do that Fayne made the most mistakes tonight

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If not for Clarkson's goal the devils walk out without a point our pp allowed the game to get to OT. If we are gauging games off of one play there are several other plays and players who are just as much at fault .One mistake by Clarkson on a call that is not normally made in OT does not equal the many careless mistakes kovy has made with the puck that have directly led to goals against yet you have no problem making a comment about Clarkson.As far as singling players out if your going to do that Fayne made the most mistakes tonight

All I'm saying is that Clarkson took a stupid penalty that led to a 4 on 3 and they scored. Agree or Disagree?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will agree with the fact that the short handed goal was a crappy shot that Marty should have had and the OT goal was a shot that was not the worst shot to make a save on

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
all im asking for is be agressive he is just sitting back in the crease and letting alfredson make up his mind....yeah he couldve dished it if marty challenged whos to say the pass makes it through?

i will be interested to see if marty takes some blame for this loss

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all im asking for is be agressive he is just sitting back in the crease and letting alfredson make up his mind....yeah he couldve dished it if marty challenged whos to say the pass makes it through?

i will be interested to see if marty takes some blame for this loss

It's Clarkson's fault Marty didn't challenge the shooter on either play