• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear Gibby today I have had enough of airhead Rod Allen. ..
Gibby is so boring though....

Although today it seemed like he had a little more energy. Little less mellow.

Tbh, I'll take Rod over Gibby or Jack anyday. Even though I like Rod in studio with Mickey and CMo a lot. CMo has really came along the last couple years.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Price has grown on me over the years.
Listening to Jim Price talk while eating a hot dog is one of the best things about listening to a Tigers radio broadcast.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Jim Price talk while eating a hot dog is one of the best things about listening to a Tigers radio broadcast.
I often wonder what kind of sucker he has in his mouth.

My usual guess is watermelon dum-dum.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN -
Already this has been a season of upheaval, with Dave Dombrowski dismissed as general manager after the trade deadline. Many will wonder if Ausmus could be the next casualty of a season that has fallen drastically short of expectations.

Verlander was asked how he felt about that possibility.

"That's not in our realm of control," he said. "No offense to you guys, but whatever you write and say is outside noise. This clubhouse, we focus on ourselves and what's going on. You can't let that stuff get to you."

Verlander had his chance to pull a Kirk Gibson and campaign for Ausmus to be back... He clearly didn't do that here.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Labour Day
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
Nick DH
McCann
Machado SS
Romine 2b
Gose
Wolf on the hill

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to laugh if by season's end Verlander's ERA is lower than Scherzers.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is getting rocked by the Mets today. Cespedes just homered. 3-0 Mets 4th

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max is getting rocked by the Mets today. Cespedes just homered. 3-0 Mets 4th
His ERA is 4.85 since all star break... That 210 mil sure is looking like a great investment by Washington. I hope all the people that were crying about losing him are watching his outings lately. The Nationals rotation was supposed to be historic... they aren't even going to make the playoffs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer is going to age REALLY bad. I think Price may be able to pitch well for a long time... so who ever gives him a big contract has a better investment there... but generally... 7 yr deals for pitchers over 30 are a bad idea. People say you are paying for the 2 or 3 good years you will get and the other 4 years are a wash... but doing business like that is how the Phillies got where they are.

Now a 7 year deal for a guy like Latos... in the 7 yrs / 100-120 mil range would be a steal... he is only 27 and you would be getting all of his prime years. Well worth the gamble if you ask me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Tigers too.

But I'd love to Price back.

Actually the Tigers shitty season can be blamed on having almost 20 mil in contracts to shitty bullpen arms like Joe Nathan and Soria. If they didn't spend on crappy old bullpen guys... they could have easily afforded to pay for better starters. At least Simon has had a handful of useful starts... the Tigers return on investment from the money spent on the bullpen is next to nothing.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact

The Tigers team ERA has actually went down since the trade deadline... by .60....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Tigers shitty season can be blamed on having almost 20 mil in contracts to shitty bullpen arms like Joe Nathan and Soria. If they didn't spend on crappy old bullpen guys... they could have easily afforded to pay for better starters. At least Simon has had a handful of useful starts... the Tigers return on investment from the money spent on the bullpen is next to nothing.
There's a combination of things.

JVs awful deal, Victors awful, Nathan's awful deal, they prevented other deals. Deals with players that are still somewhat in their prime. Plus the pitching in general is horrible. Simon should be in no rotation anywhere, but somehow he has a winning record. Serves DD right I suppose.

And Max Scherzer had career bests in atleast half a dozen categories coming into today atleast. (I never was a big fan, so don't make this into me defending him.)

Good luck with his ERA somehow being worse that JVs in the next three weeks. (I'd just be happy JVs is the best it's been since 2012.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a combination of things.

JVs awful deal, Victors awful, Nathan's awful deal, they prevented other deals. Deals with players that are still somewhat in their prime. Plus the pitching in general is horrible. Simon should be in no rotation anywhere, but somehow he has a winning record. Serves DD right I suppose.

And Max Scherzer had career bests in atleast half a dozen categories coming into today atleast. (I never was a big fan, so don't make this into me defending him.)

Good luck with his ERA somehow being worse that JVs in the next three weeks. (I'd just be happy JVs is the best it's been since 2012.)

In no way is JV worth 28 mil... but he is still a top flight starter... and those cost 20 mil plus. I agree its a combination of things.. really mostly injury related (vmart/verlander/miggy). Scherzer's era is 4.85 post all star break... and growing... Verlanders is 2.60 and shrinking...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have something in Verhagen... His attitude is perfect for a back end reliever and he has the stuff... People can call me crazy.. but I think Verhagen could be the future closer.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Brad doesn't send Verhagen out for a second inning... I am sure he will.. Let the kid build his confidence... he just shut down a team that had 2 on and only 1 out... pat him on the back and go to another guy with rosters expanded.