• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. If Gibson has an opinion is different so what. In your world unless you agree 100% with you you're out. That is a true Republican Way

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see Ausmus back next year? Because if you ask me.. If you want Ausmus back.. you clearly are not looking out for the best of the franchise... you are looking out for a guy you consider a friend.. Gibson needs to keep that to himself.
And if he is really advocating for Ausmus that much, then he is essentially throwing Dombrowski completely under the bus which technically isn't fair either..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense. If Gibson has an opinion is different so what. In your world unless you agree 100% with you you're out. That is a true Republican Way
Gibson is a commentator on Tigers games... He has no business wasting 15 minutes talking about how great of a job Ausmus has done and advocating for him to return.. Call the game and keep your opinion to yourself. The guy sucks as a commentator... I said it before he decided to make it known he supports possibly the worst manager the Tigers have had.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get fucking sick and tired of someone who analyzes another opinions on a message board as that being their political profile.. So the fuck what if he's a republican? I have completely leftist beliefs and I still agree with him..

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he didn't take 15 minutes to discuss the situation and every commentator especially the color commentator expresses opinions throughout the game whether it be football baseball basketball hockey that's what they do.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he didn't take 15 minutes to discuss the situation and every commentator especially the color commentator expresses opinions throughout the game whether it be football baseball basketball hockey that's what they do.
Yes... He easily took 15 minutes to discuss it.. and even went back to the topic after commercial break.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am concerned... Gibson can take a hike... get Rod back in there...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he actually did.. He actually took time out of analyzing the game to completely support Ausmus.. Pretty much campaigning for him..

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the political analogy it wasn't meant to be. I do think the Tigers would be better next year with a different manager but because Gibson disagrees I'm not going to throw him under the bus and he's an idiot and should be fired. Gibson knows more about baseball then all of us on this thread combined. And sure we have the right to agree and disagree but not talk someone out because of one opinion.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson has more baseball experience than all of is right.. which is why he should be giving analysis of the game and not campaigning for his friend to keep his job. Did you notice Fox Sports cut him off and put Rod and Craig on air? Because they wanted people to talk about the game not campaign for a guy to keep his job.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time you saw Fox Sports cut the commentators off to have guys in studio discuss the in game play?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the political analogy it wasn't meant to be. I do think the Tigers would be better next year with a different manager but because Gibson disagrees I'm not going to throw him under the bus and he's an idiot and should be fired. Gibson knows more about baseball then all of us on this thread combined. And sure we have the right to agree and disagree but not talk someone out because of one opinion.
I'm not denying the fact that he has more baseball knowledge than all of us.. But what you need to realize is he is a public figure and employee for Fox Sports who endorses and broadcasts the Tigers.. So anyone on that broadcast will support everything Tigers related plain and simple.. Not only that, he is a former player and manager just like Ausmus and with that being known he will simply not call for his head in any shape or form.. The personal attachment he has with Ausmus is more than enough to simply predict that he was going to advocate for him to be retained regardless of what Ausmus has done short of pulling a Sandusky.. Just because they were former players and managers, does not mean their opinion is always correct.. It is quite obvious his opinion is skewed towards the former player and manager..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson lost any credibility when he said there are no red flags to the way Ausmus manages. If anyone.. including Gibson can point out anything the guy is doing well.. I will be very impress. Either he is completely biased and sticking up for his buddy, or his baseball experience is overrated... Jose Conseco has a ton of baseball experience to.. do you take everything he says as relevant?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have thrown a like your way, except for the Republican comment. It is the Democrats that are intolerant of others. The Liberals in Canada are way different than the Democrats of the United States.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a manager as bad as Ausmus since Luis Pujols who was a disaster..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what was being said to Gibson when Fox cut him off to put Rod and Craig on air... That was obviously the producers cutting him off to tell him to shut the hell up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a manager as bad as Ausmus since Luis Pujols who was a disaster..
I was thinking the same thing.. Dan Jennings could manage circles around him and he didn't even play pro ball.. He just came out of the GM office in Miami.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managers should have very little affect on the game. They control the lineup... and when a pitcher is replaced.. and a few in game things such as defensive alignments... but for the most part you shouldn't be able to point out direct reasons why a manager cost you a game. Its easy with Ausmus. His handling of his pitching staff has to be the worst management I have ever seen. His use of pinch runners for Miggy late in games is possibly the stupidest use of a pinch runner you can possibly do. All of us can count at least 5 or 6 games HE lost. I can probably do that with Leyland total in his entire stay in Detroit.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time the Tigers had a late inning come from behind win? It seems like forever.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Feliz still on the roster? Can anyone explain that to me?