• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ferrell looked good for an inning.. ausmus has no idea how to handle a pitching staff

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
valdez with a 1,2,3.. watch brad leave him in

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that every pitcher the Tigers send to the mound turns into a batting practice pitcher?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that every pitcher the Tigers send to the mound turns into a batting practice pitcher?

Because Ausmus keeps pitchers in until they run out of gas and start getting hit... he has no idea how to manage a bullpen. Why does he keep taking a kid that has less than a a few innings in the mlb and run him out there a second or third inning? A young guy gets a clean inning... you take him out and put in the next guy... you don't leave him in for a second inning and let him pitch until any confidence he might have developed is destroyed... there is no reason for it with expanded rosters and 10 relievers up... none... he is such a fucking idiot... he is destroying the confidence of these guys before they even get a chance to develop any.

How many of these young relievers have good clean innings then get sent out for a second inning or a third inning then get rocked? He just keeps doing it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leyland had mastered the art of knowing when a pitcher was done... Ausmus just doesn't get it. He doesn't even let them stay in one batter to many... he lets them stay in like 3 to many... That is why it looks so bad.... any other manager would pull a pitcher after a few bad at bats in a row... especially with expanded rosters and having extra relievers.. not brad... i would love to hear his reasoning for it. He has been doing this all year... starting pitching included.. he just has no idea when to remove a pitcher... the guy has no business as a manager for a major league team.

How many times did the Tigers lose by double digits with Leyland as manager? Take a look at the run differentials for each season Leyland managed.. even in his worst years the run differentials were 15-30.... this year the Tigers are at 98... and its quickly getting worse... Ausmus isn't just getting beat... he is getting beaten badly... and you can't blame the pitching staff... a kid that has thrown less than 10 innings in the MLB as a reliever has no business going multiple innings... and if a guy allows multiple base runners you pull him.. you don't let him continue to pitch... Its almost like Ausmus WANTS to lose big with some of his decisions.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Ferrell first inning -
Ferrell relieved VerHagen.

Urshela struck out swinging.
Kipnis lined out to shortstop.
Lindor grounded out to first.

Jeff Ferrell second inning
Brantley flied out to right. 6 1
Santana walked. 6 1
Gomes singled to right, Santana to third. 6 1
Chisenhall hit for Johnson. 6 1
Chisenhall doubled to deep right center, Santana and Gomes scored. 8 1
Almonte grounded out to first, Chisenhall to third. 8 1
Sands grounded out to first.

At what point would you have pulled him? Me? I would have pulled him after the Gomes at bat...makes sense right? Young pitcher has just gotten you 4 outs... and now gave up a walk and a hit.. move on to the next fresh arm in the pen right? Expanded rosters... plenty of arms to use... nope.. not brad.... lets keep the kid out there another batter... Heck you could even argue he should have been pulled after the walk.. he got 4 outs.. he did his job..

Kyle Lobstein 5th inning... Fresh off the DL.. LOL
Sands tripled to deep right. 2 0
Urshela singled to center, Sands scored. 3 0
Kipnis flied out to left. 3 0
Lindor doubled to left, Urshela to third. 3 0
Brantley doubled to center, Urshela scored, Lindor to third. 4 0
Santana intentionally walked. 4 0

Here is another example... Lobstein.. young guy coming of the DL.. obviously starting to unravel... gives up a triple and a single... he was done at that point.. brad didn't see it that way.. leaves him in... he gets a fly out to left... then gives up a double... still doesn't pull him. another double... game getting out of hand... finally pulls him after giving up 3 extra base hits and allowing 2 runs and loading the bases...

He was not managing to win this game. Nobody can tell me his decision making here makes any sense other than if he has money on the Indians... Why leave Lobstein in when he was clearly finished? Why does he keep doing this to pitchers? He has done this SO MANY TIMES I LOST COUNT!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A manager's job is to manage the game... keep it close. Or keep a lead if they have it. The moves he makes and decisions he makes in regards to pitching changes and who gets subbed in and when, directly affect if the Tigers are in games and have a chance to win or if they are not... this fucking clown Ausmus literally NEVER makes the right decision. He may possibly be having the WORST season as a manager I have ever seen. People blame the pitching staff... but in all honesty... its not all there fault. If they get sent in out of the pen.. get 2,3,4,or 5 outs.. then start to give up hits... I'm sorry but they were left out to dry... that isn't there fault. Sure the rotation is not good.. and its forcing the team to use the bullpen more.. but if you don't know HOW to use a bullpen.. you are going to have huge issues. That is what you are seeing this year. These young kids don't even have a shot to get a little confidence... they get an out or two or three... and then start to get in trouble.. Ausmus leaves them in until their line looks like a batting tee.

Starting pitchers left in 2 or 3 batters to long...
Calling in a reliever with a high whip with bases loaded
Leaving relievers in for 2 or 3 batters to long...

You want to see how not to manage a pitching staff? Watch the video of Ausmus game by game this year..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point would you have pulled him? Me? I would have pulled him after the Gomes at bat...makes sense right?

Especially when you now have extra pitchers. When there is only a 7-person bullpen, you have to watch out for overuse. Sometimes a guy or two is unavailable, so you need that extra inning out of a relief pitcher when the starter falters early. But no reliever in September should be throwing more than 1 inning.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when you now have extra pitchers. When there is only a 7-person bullpen, you have to watch out for overuse. Sometimes a guy or two is unavailable, so you need that extra inning out of a relief pitcher when the starter falters early. But no reliever in September should be throwing more than 1 inning.

They can call up knudsen, krol, and nesbitt still to if they really were worried about not having arms for the next game.. Ausmus needs to go... there literally is no way it can be justified having him back next year. The offense has stopped trying.. and the he is mismanaging the pitching. Fire him now and let Lamont manage them the rest of the way.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that said if the Tigers fire Ausmus he would have another managing job in 8 minutes... lol... Who is going to hire this clown? What redeeming quality does he have? At least the fans loved Trammel for what he did as a player... There isn't one thing I can say that Ausmus does well as a manager... I seriously can't name one thing... I challenge anyone to find one positive thing he does on the regular.

He isn't a leader
His decision making in regards to the lineup and pinch hitters/runners is god awful
His decision making on when to pull a pitcher is god awful
His decision making on what reliever to use in each situation is god awful
He doesn't back his players up in disagreements with umps
He doesn't command the respect of guys like Miggy or Verlander
He doesn't know the rules of replay
He looks like an idiot with the facial expressions he has during games

I swear to god I would rather see Gene Lamont take a crap than look at Ausmus standing with that stupid look on his face.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you need to get an extra inning out of a reliever... Correct... But you also have to manage young relievers differently than a vet. You can't call up a kid that is 24/25 yrs old in his first taste of MLB action and basically let him pitch until he self destructs. Every young guy that the Tigers have called up this year has been mismanaged. It was said Leyland put the kid gloves on young pitchers.. but there is good reason. You want to develop confidence in them.. not hang them out to dry every time they go out so that they are mentally defeated.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that said if the Tigers fire Ausmus he would have another managing job in 8 minutes... lol... Who is going to hire this clown? What redeeming quality does he have? At least the fans loved Trammel for what he did as a player... There isn't one thing I can say that Ausmus does well as a manager... I seriously can't name one thing... I challenge anyone to find one positive thing he does on the regular.

He isn't a leader
His decision making in regards to the lineup and pinch hitters/runners is god awful
His decision making on when to pull a pitcher is god awful
His decision making on what reliever to use in each situation is god awful
He doesn't back his players up in disagreements with umps
He doesn't command the respect of guys like Miggy or Verlander
He doesn't know the rules of replay
He looks like an idiot with the facial expressions he has during games

I swear to god I would rather see Gene Lamont take a crap than look at Ausmus standing with that stupid look on his face.
Dude I love this post LMAO!!.. I never knew someone on this board had as much disdain for Assbitch as much as I do..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being 100% serious... I just emailed Chris Ilitch and requested Brad Ausmus be fired. I am not joking.. I have his email. I will post his response here if he replies. I had Dave Dombrowski's email and he replied to me a few times.. but I didn't abuse it and kept the conversation very casual.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I love this post LMAO!!.. I never knew someone on this board had as much disdain for Assbitch as much as I do..
You and I tend to agree on stuff like this.. I just have a little more patience before I go off... Brad Ausmus is a joke. He needs to be fired before he causes damage to the psyche of these young relievers. This last month is very important to next years bullpen... you can't have some clown bringing in a 24 yr old and ruining his confidence by leaving him in literally until he can't get an out... Ausmus use of bullpen arms is the definition of the term leaving him out to dry.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am being 100% serious... I just emailed Chris Ilitch and requested Brad Ausmus be fired. I am not joking.. I have his email. I will post his response here if he replies. I had Dave Dombrowski's email and he replied to me a few times.. but I didn't abuse it and kept the conversation very casual.
You want his cell number and address?

I used to live with his sister in laws sister. He's a nice guy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want his cell number and address?

I used to live with his sister in laws sister. He's a nice guy.

Give him a call or shoot him a text... I don't need his contact.. I already have it. Dave Dombrowski is my mom's cousin.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in the park
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
VMart
Nick
Collins
McCann
Romine
Simon on the hill. ..
Why in the fuck is Romine at shortstop....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in the park
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
VMart
Nick
Collins
McCann
Romine
Simon on the hill. ..
Why in the fuck is Romine at shortstop....
I was thinking the same thing.... Machado had a nice game yesterday and gets rewarded with losing his spot to Romine.. I hate Brad Ausmus so much...