• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should add Simon to the list with Gorzelanney and Feliz as being completely garbage and should be gone..

I would agree but there really isn't anyone in the minors that is ready to be called up to start at this point.

Tigers need to focus the next month on taking a look at what they have in young pitchers in the minors regardless of result of the games. If they can find a few guys they can put in the pen to solidify it for next year... and get league average play out of Collins or Moya next year in the outfield... they can pretty much invest all their money into the starting rotation... which is a good thing. This team needs to get 2 good starters to compete next year. They also need to stop signing shitty old fucks for bullpen roles. It blows my mind how teams with low budgets can keep pumping out relievers month after month... year after year... and the Tigers have so much trouble doing it. How many different relievers have the Marlins developed and traded away since the Tigers last home grown closer that didn't suck? How many have the A's or Pirates? It has nothing to do with investing in the bullpen... it has to do with who ever is leading the Tigers minor league development and scouting efforts. I think Dombrowski's had a lot to do with it, and I have high hopes that Avila can get back to his roots as a scout and fix the way the Tigers farm system works. No team can stay relevant without hitting on a few prospects a year. If the Tigers could just fill bullpen roles from their farm and nothing more... with their payroll... they could content every single year like the Yankees do. The Tigers can afford to trot out a rotation that costs 80-100 mil a year if they just get bullpen parts from their farm.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Tigers DFA Feliz, Gorzelanny, Zeid (in the minors), and add Joe Mantiply, Paul Voelker, and Josh Turley to the bullpen and let them get innings in the big leagues to get the butterflies out and see if they have what it takes to be big leaguers. Turley is a starter in AA but he will never be a very good MLB starter... the Tigers need to stop letting 25 yr olds that could be in the pen sit as a starter in the minors. The Cards, Rays, Marlins all would have moved him up by now into the bullpen and let him sink or swim.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that is keeping the Yankees from turning into what the Phillies turned into is the fact they saw they had a shitty farm system a few years back and made an investment and effort to correct it. Now that they have a 25 man roster that is filled with old farts.. they have a talented enough mix of youth that can come up on the cheap to help out while they wait out the crap contracts they handed out to guys like CC Sabathia. Tigers need to invest BIG into international scouting at least 1 year and load up on talented prospects or else they will be in big trouble 2 or 3 years from now when they have a rotation filled with aged turds making huge money and guys like Kyle Ryan to take their spot when they are on the DL.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's need to make sure Vmart doesn't do any offseason training without having one of the Tigers staff present this offseason. Getting him completely healthy and having him able to play first base to give miggy days off from the field would be nice to have next season. Vmart actually has played first base well in his limited action there. I speak from experience... not much younger than Vmart... i injured my knee seriously a few years back and it took well over a year before it was strong enough for me to trust it in athletic type situations.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
VMart
JD
Nick
McCann
Iggy
Gose
JV on the hill. ...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's need to make sure Vmart doesn't do any offseason training without having one of the Tigers staff present this offseason. Getting him completely healthy and having him able to play first base to give miggy days off from the field would be nice to have next season.

As for today, Ausmus needs to get V-mart's ass out of the cleanup spot. He's a liability right now, and leaving a boatload of runners on base.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castellanos hits a bomb. No. 15 on the year. I mentioned to a few that he had a good number of doubles last year, and that doubles often turn into HRs as hitters mature. Looks like Nick could hit 20 with a decent September.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to move victor. Miggy is hot right now and needs some protection. It is not crazy to think he could hit 400
Nick seems to be getting better I think he's going to be alright we have to remember he is still young.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy and JD both go yard in the 5th!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no hitter... but like I said before... talk of Verlander being done as a good starter is greatly exaggerated.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CRAP! No-no broken up in the 9th by a .184 hitter.

Still... :clap: :thumb:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander is overpaid... but in no way is he a bad pitcher... I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get another no no before he retires... and he still has all star level seasons in him.. the guy isn't that old...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander is overpaid... but in no way is he a bad pitcher... I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get another no no before he retires... and he still has all star level seasons in him.. the guy isn't that old...

1 earned run in his last four starts (29 innings)... and that was his only win in the four games. You could almost see this coming. He's been getting stronger and better every start since coming off the DL.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 earned run in his last four starts (29 innings)... and that was his only win in the four games. You could almost see this coming. He's been getting stronger and better every start since coming off the DL.

Tigers needed this type of positive for the fans to stay interested. I can't wait for Sept call ups to see what Al Avila is thinking. You will be able to tell a little about his offseason plans by who is called up for relievers and outfielders...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I missed a great start from JV!

Went to the Cubs-Giants game tonight, found this is the program: image.jpg
Wasn't expecting to see that top team at the top. Surprises me more than JV getting into the 9th without giving up a hit tbh.