• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and have said before get rid of the guys that are not going to be useful in the future do it now and see what you have

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Avila will completely lose respect from me if he retains that clown masquerading as a manager next season.. He is done.. Maybe one day he will GET it, but not with this ballclub..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Avila will completely lose respect from me if he retains that clown masquerading as a manager next season.. He is done.. Maybe one day he will GET it, but not with this ballclub..
Ausmus doesn't have the personality to be a manager. He will never be a good manager. He looks like an idiot with his facial expressions when cameras hit him.. The guy comes off as a weak nut pussy. His decision making may improve, but his leadership qualities are non existant.

Lions... post here more.. I miss reading you thoughts man.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just love to know why the Tigers keep guys in the upper minors that will never be MLB players around. Hessman is one thing.. but they do it to much... Guys like Zeid, Kraus, Thad Weber, Rafael Dolis, Josh Wilson... they are taking up spaces from guys that should be moving up the ranks. There are pitchers that should be in Toledo before the fart faces I listed... Kraus shouldn't be on the 40 man... let alone the Mud Hens.. Why they don't have one of the 1st base prospects there instead that have a chance of one day being decent...

The mentality of the Tigers in regards to prospect development is retarded... It makes no sense. Guys are sitting at levels they could clearly move up from... but are held up because some burnout is holding a roster spot in the level above them.
The best talent is often at AA for most clubs. AAA isn't really the waiting room for legit "prospects". It's not just Detroit that lets kids beat up on LowA competition to give them a boost in the rankings. I think it's a common practice.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best talent is often at AA for most clubs. AAA isn't really the waiting room for legit "prospects". It's not just Detroit that lets kids beat up on LowA competition to give them a boost in the rankings. I think it's a common practice.

I get that.. and most of the time its true... but for position players not pitchers... pitchers greatly benefit from having to face the fringe offensive talent in the AAA leagues... but the guys I am referring to are 25 yrs old and most have been at AA for a while now... but they keep bringing in retreads like Rafael Dolis or Thad Weber.... I'm sorry... but Thad Weber had his shot... he is garbage. The only rationale that I can figure is that the Tigers don't want to move the low A ball prospects up to fast and would have to move them up to take the spots of the guys above them that move... but holy crap.. some of these guys are 25/26 and haven't seen AAA yet... are they going to get a call up when they are 50?

Even if they are going to keep the kids at AA... the fact that Zeid and Krauss are still on the 40 man roster is mind blowing.. are they really going to call Zeid up? The guy is hot garbage... that roster spot on the 40 man could be for a reliever they might actually bring to Det... and Krauss on the 40 man still... what they are doing with him I have no idea... he is hot garbage as well.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday at Wrigley
Gose
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
Collins
Nick
McCann
Iggy
Sanchez # 9 on the hill. .

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is a good thing no matter how you do it....

Was hoping to see a decent outing from Sanchez. The storm killed any chances of knowing if that would have happened. Both team's bullpens are ragged, so the starters become doubly important tonight. Really need Norris to have better control tonight than he's had in his last two games.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday in the Windy City
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy
JD
Nick
McCann
Iggy
Gose
Norris #9 on the hill
I think it's a good thing that Victor get these two nights off....PH ok..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Norris.... HOLY F---------!!!!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he's placed on the DL a few hours later. Penthouse to outhouse. But then, I think Norris is used to using outhouses.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have called up closer Knudson from Toledo....Wonder about a starter and Marte..
Miggy still has a shot at the batting title as long as stupid doesn't sit him too much through September..... a batting title is not everything but it would be nice and Miggy should be able to play all the games and DH with all the time he has had ah through the season..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is closer to the plate appearances needed for a batting title than you think... I believe he was only like 30 off the pace when he came back... he can easily make that up in 2 weeks.

Its almost like Avila is reading my posts... calling up young bullpen arms...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers have called up closer Knudson from Toledo....Wonder about a starter and Marte..
Miggy still has a shot at the batting title as long as stupid doesn't sit him too much through September..... a batting title is not everything but it would be nice and Miggy should be able to play all the games and DH with all the time he has had ah through the season..

Marte was just sent down and has to stay down for at least 10 days... We probably won't see him again until rosters expand.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy only needs another 144 PAs to qualify, I believe. They have 43 games left. He gets 4 PAs per game, minimum, barring a no-hitter or something very close. So that's at least 172 PAs left if he plays all of them, which he probably won't. But he could miss 5 or 6 games and still qualify for the batting title.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday at Comerica
Davis
Kinsler
Miggy DH
VMart 1B
JD
Nick
McCann
Iggy
Gose
Simon on the hill

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are so much better off calling up 5 or 6 of the young bullpen arms during the expanded rosters of Sept... DFA'ing Feliz, Gorzelanny, minor leaguers on the 40 man like Zeid, and Krauss... Then adding the young guys to the 40 man that are not already there and seeing what they have for next year. Nobody on the free agent market is worth big money... and if the Tigers can fill bullpen slots with young guys from the past 3 or 4 drafts... on the cheap... it would be huge. I have said this 250 times.. but you don't spend money on the pen.. you develop it in house.. Low budget teams have great bullpens all the time... spending money for older relievers is worse than spending your entire paycheck on lotto tickets.